Page 4 of 30 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast
    Enemy of the System Millennial_Messiah's Avatar
    My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    Looks like Irving is going to walk to free agency.
    Take Gregory, Lawrence, Crawford with him, please. Get a big 1-tech.

My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count

My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    I'm with you on Gregory but not D-Law

My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    I'm with you on Gregory but not D-Law
    how about no-pressure from the outside, no-power from the inside Crawford?

"Position flex" is only a good thing if you're actually good at multiple positions.

My Team
    Oakland Raiders
    Post Count
    ^Horrible take

that strategy works for the Patriots because they have a HOF coach and the GOAT QB. Name a franchise without an elite QB that lets their good players walk and still remain relevant year after year?
    plus a QB that routinely accepts sub-market deals

My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    how about no-pressure from the outside, no-power from the inside Crawford?

"Position flex" is only a good thing if you're actually good at multiple positions.
    Another great Guitar Dude. Let's get rid of our only pass rusher when Taco is a bust and Gregory is gone. Who do you want to replace him with? George Selvie?!

Pass rushers are the third, MAYBE second most important position in football. They don't grow on trees and that's why you see guys like Donald and Mack making a bazillion dollars.

My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    Another great Guitar Dude. Let's get rid of our only pass rusher when Taco is a bust and Gregory is gone. Who do you want to replace him with? George Selvie?!

Pass rushers are the third, MAYBE second most important position in football. They don't grow on trees and that's why you see guys like Donald and Mack making a bazillion dollars.
    I'd take 2014 George Selvie at 1.3m cap hit over Tyrone Crawford 9m cap hit any day and thrice on Sundays. Tyrone Crawford defines average and overpaid.

When's the last time the Patriots have had a premium pass rusher? Other than 2015 early career Chandler Jones who they quickly 86'd because they didn't want to pay him. The Patriots just do without that phase and make it work by blitzing LBs and controlling the ball on offense.

Seattle in 2013 had by far the best defense in football, shut down the greatest regular season offense of all time in the SB... all without any big name pass rushers. Michael Bennett wasn't even much of a name at that point and their other best guy was Cliff Avril who was inconsistent at best. They did it by rotating lots of average DL to have fresh DL legs at all times, and relying on their amazing back 7 of Irvin/Wagner/Wright /Chancellor/Thomas/Sherman/Maxwell.

My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    I'd take 2014 George Selvie at 1.3m cap hit over Tyrone Crawford 9m cap hit any day and thrice on Sundays. Tyrone Crawford defines average and overpaid.

When's the last time the Patriots have had a premium pass rusher? Other than 2015 early career Chandler Jones who they quickly 86'd because they didn't want to pay him. The Patriots just do without that phase and make it work by blitzing LBs and controlling the ball on offense.

Seattle in 2013 had by far the best defense in football, shut down the greatest regular season offense of all time in the SB... all without any big name pass rushers. Michael Bennett wasn't even much of a name at that point and their other best guy was Cliff Avril who was inconsistent at best. They did it by rotating lots of average DL to have fresh DL legs at all times, and relying on their amazing back 7 of Irvin/Wagner/Wright /Chancellor/Thomas/Sherman/Maxwell.
    Damn...you're going to go with the "but the Patriots..." again.

My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    Damn...you're going to go with the "but the Patriots..." again.
    Lol I love how he compares everything to New England. Whenever we get Belichick and Kraft in Dallas then maybe we can cut our best players.

My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    Lol I love how he compares everything to New England. Whenever we get Belichick and Kraft in Dallas then maybe we can cut our best players.
    He’s presents the worst football takes in the most confident manner.

My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    Kraft is done

I'm pretty sure BB isn't a rapist, though. He comes off as colder than he really is.

My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    Witten coming out of retirement. SUPERBOWL!!

Watching the collapse benefactor's Avatar
    My Team
    Houston Oilers
    Post Count

My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    Welcome back Witten! He's gonna be a major security blanket for Dak and will elevate Beasley's game big time assuming he stays

My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    Witten coming out of retirement. SUPERBOWL!!
    Someone just texted me this and I was sure it was bs. Not sure what to think about it.

My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    One of the best plays ive ever seen.. Can you imagine if two players would have gone high and sandwiched his head?

My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    Someone just texted me this and I was sure it was bs. Not sure what to think about it.
    It's kind of embarrasing tbh.

I feel that this is gonna take away development from the young guys so Witten can feel better about his mediocre performance as a broadcaster lol. But sure, while were at it is Ware available? What about LaRoi Glover?

I cannot grok its fullnes leemajors's Avatar
    My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    A source just told @1033fmESPN that Witten has agreed to a limited snap role with the Cowboys. He’ll play, but not 60 snaps a game. He played 98.6 percent of the snaps (1048) in 2017

My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    I feel that this is gonna take away development from the young guys so Witten can feel better about his mediocre performance as a broadcaster lol. But sure, while were at it is Ware available? What about LaRoi Glover?
    Agree...that was my first reaction. I thought Jarwin looked pretty good at the end of the season and Dak seemed to be confident throwing to him.
    Hopefully leemajor's comment below means "very" limited.

My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    Strange but I like it - he wasn't a very good commentator imo

My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    Agree...that was my first reaction. I thought Jarwin looked pretty good at the end of the season and Dak seemed to be confident throwing to him.
    Hopefully leemajor's comment below means "very" limited.
    Yeah not to mention now they won't draft a ing tight end. Cue the "we like what we have" bull .

My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    Yeah not to mention now they won't draft a ing tight end. Cue the "we like what we have" bull .
    Witten ing the team left and right. Two years ago, lets everyone know he's going to retire and the Eagles get Goedert just ahead of the Cowboys.

My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    I wouldn't mind getting Eifert at a big discount as well now due to his unlucky injury past. Eifert and Witten can split snaps and occasionally play together, we can always mix in Jarwin/Schultz if necessary. Transforming a grave weakness into a major strength in very little time. Though Witten probably will only play another 2 years that's fine if Tyler Eifert is in his prime and he'll learn stuff from Witten. Witten has never been athletic but he's a route running maestro.

If we can also lure Ware back for one or two years... that'd be huge, too.

Eifert, Earl Thomas, Ware, Witten, DT in round 2, scatback and slot receiver in rounds 3 and 4... and we're golden.

My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    It's kind of embarrasing tbh.

I get your concern.. but, do you think the Cowboys would even want to bring him back if the current corp of TE's was playing better? Let's be clear, the Cowboys have simply refused to properly invest in certain positions, and TE is one of them. Our young TE's aren't really , keeping Gathers around proves how little they believe in the other two.

They've tried to polish turds into diamonds there, and at safety/LB.. Players like Gathers, and JJ Wilcox come to mind..

This is a move simply to remove any shadow of a doubt at whether or not to extend Dak to a major extension. They are trying to replicate the 2014 formula and eliminate any excuse as to why he "failed", assuming he does. We can expect the line to be much better as we are expecting Frederick to anchor the line again next year.. Martin has shown no signs of regression, and we now have another very good lineman in Joe Looney to toy around with.. Sure, Smith is clearly not the All-Pro he was in 2014, but we have to hope we will see some new blocking schemes and adjustments from Kellen Moore designed to protect Dak, opposed to letting an Adrian Clayborn rack up a season's sacks in one game.. no more stubborn Linehan bull game planning one would hope.

You have Amari Cooper as a much better version of what Bryant was in 2014, and now you have Michael Gallup as the clear 2 (if not 1 judging by the final 4 games of the season). Gallup definitely has a lot more potential than Williams did in 2014.. Hopefully keeping Beasley at 3 and now inserting Witten (Witten will open more room again for Beasley), with a dominant run game, and you can see they're trying to get a repeat shot at it this time with a much more experienced Dak at the helm.

Exactly my point ^

My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    I get your concern.. but, do you think the Cowboys would even want to bring him back if the current corp of TE's was playing better? Let's be clear, the Cowboys have simply refused to properly invest in certain positions, and TE is one of them. Our young TE's aren't really , keeping Gathers around proves how little they believe in the other two.

They've tried to polish turds into diamonds there, and at safety/LB.. Players like Gathers, and JJ Wilcox come to mind..

This is a move simply to remove any shadow of a doubt at whether or not to extend Dak to a major extension. They are trying to replicate the 2014 formula and eliminate any excuse as to why he "failed", assuming he does. We can expect the line to be much better as we are expecting Frederick to anchor the line again next year.. Martin has shown no signs of regression, and we now have another very good lineman in Joe Looney to toy around with.. Sure, Smith is clearly not the All-Pro he was in 2014, but we have to hope we will see some new blocking schemes and adjustments from Kellen Moore designed to protect Dak, opposed to letting an Adrian Clayborn rack up a season's sacks in one game.. no more stubborn Linehan bull game planning one would hope.

You have Amari Cooper as a much better version of what Bryant was in 2014, and now you have Michael Gallup as the clear 2 (if not 1 judging by the final 4 games of the season). Gallup definitely has a lot more potential than Williams did in 2014.. Hopefully keeping Beasley at 3 and now inserting Witten (Witten will open more room again for Beasley), with a dominant run game, and you can see they're trying to get a repeat shot at it this time with a much more experienced Dak at the helm.

Exactly my point ^
    1. As per the first paragraph and next sentence, the positions you're *actually* talking about are TE, both safety spots, and DT. Not LB, though. They've always invested in star LBs, even if those drafted high didn't always turn out to be stars (Bruce Carter) but they haven't gone without a star LB or two in pretty much forever.

2) They're going to have to move Connor Williams to his natural RT position at some point for the OL to realize its league-leading potential. He's fast and athletic, but he just doesn't have the upper body to play guard. Move Williams to RT and let contract year Collins/Looney battle it out for starting LG. If Looney starts at LG, you have a solid enough swing tackle in Collins for 2019 who can play all along the line except maybe center.

3) at the statement that Cooper is a "much better" version of what Bryant was in 2014. Cooper is awesome, but Bryant was on a different planet in 2013-2014 before his foot injury permanently wrecked his career. Is Amari Cooper far better than what Bryant was in 2016? Absolutely. But in 2014, Dez Bryant was in the conversation for top WR in the league along with Megatron and perhaps Julio. He led the NFL with 16 touchdown receptions and had 88 catches for 1,520 yards.

The Cowboys offense in 2014 was basically the same as the Steelers' offenses in 2015-2017, where they had a top flight running game AND a top tier receiver defenses lost sleep about the whole week leading up to games. That, and Romo would still manage to escape and find the open man if Dez was covered AND Murray wasn't running the ball. The Cowboys were unstoppable on offense that year until they stopped themselves in the playoffs with some bad coaching at the end of the first half and a horribly ill-timed fumble by Murray who was sure handed the whole year.

4) Michael Gallup is a legit #2 and a heck of a deep threat, once that connection forms with Dak he'll be averaging roughly 1,000 yards receiving per season on a team with Cooper. Think of him as Juju Smith-Schuster 2.0.

5) Beasley is gone. He's become a money mongering diva. He's not worth Edelman money and Edelman only makes about half as much as Beasley wants. Let him go to the Jets or wherever. I don't care. Get a real slot receiver who can run a full route tree, including routes past 15 yards.

Thread Information