Page 5 of 30 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast
    My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    I’d like to see Crowder in the slot.

My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    1. As per the first paragraph and next sentence, the positions you're *actually* talking about are TE, both safety spots, and DT. Not LB, though. They've always invested in star LBs, even if those drafted high didn't always turn out to be stars (Bruce Carter) but they haven't gone without a star LB or two in pretty much forever.

2) They're going to have to move Connor Williams to his natural RT position at some point for the OL to realize its league-leading potential. He's fast and athletic, but he just doesn't have the upper body to play guard. Move Williams to RT and let contract year Collins/Looney battle it out for starting LG. If Looney starts at LG, you have a solid enough swing tackle in Collins for 2019 who can play all along the line except maybe center.

3) at the statement that Cooper is a "much better" version of what Bryant was in 2014. Cooper is awesome, but Bryant was on a different planet in 2013-2014 before his foot injury permanently wrecked his career. Is Amari Cooper far better than what Bryant was in 2016? Absolutely. But in 2014, Dez Bryant was in the conversation for top WR in the league along with Megatron and perhaps Julio. He led the NFL with 16 touchdown receptions and had 88 catches for 1,520 yards.

The Cowboys offense in 2014 was basically the same as the Steelers' offenses in 2015-2017, where they had a top flight running game AND a top tier receiver defenses lost sleep about the whole week leading up to games. That, and Romo would still manage to escape and find the open man if Dez was covered AND Murray wasn't running the ball. The Cowboys were unstoppable on offense that year until they stopped themselves in the playoffs with some bad coaching at the end of the first half and a horribly ill-timed fumble by Murray who was sure handed the whole year.

4) Michael Gallup is a legit #2 and a heck of a deep threat, once that connection forms with Dak he'll be averaging roughly 1,000 yards receiving per season on a team with Cooper. Think of him as Juju Smith-Schuster 2.0.

5) Beasley is gone. He's become a money mongering diva. He's not worth Edelman money and Edelman only makes about half as much as Beasley wants. Let him go to the Jets or wherever. I don't care. Get a real slot receiver who can run a full route tree, including routes past 15 yards.
    1. I wouldn't call it "investing in star LB's" - I feel they took some under the radar guys who outplayed their draft expectations, like injured college players in Lee and Jaylon Smith.. I don't recall Bruce Carter being heralded too much after we took him either. Vander Esch is definitely a true investment at LB.

2. I don't see Conor fitting at RT.. The position needs height and strength, which he has neither. I don't see him as the one to upgrade La'el. IMO, the only position he could succeed at would be at backup center, where undersized players can make due surrounded by two bigger guards (Stepnoski comes to mind) If Looney starts at LG then it would open that role for him.

3. I actually meant 2016's version of Dez and the Cowboys.. 2014 Dez was still the man as he had Romo throwing to him.

4. Gallup is a star in the making. You can see the improvement, and the flashes of pure skill last season. He also started to become Dak's go to guy during the last few games. Last season he made a TON of good catches.. yet they were mostly out of bounds.

5. I don't think Beasley is 100% gone. Sure he made comments to media, but I don't think that seals the deal if the Cowboys intend to keep him around. I think they could sell him on a fresh start with a new OC. If he is willing to sign at a cap friendly deal, he is still an asset.

Enemy of the System Millennial_Messiah's Avatar
    My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    1. I wouldn't call it "investing in star LB's" - I feel they took some under the radar guys who outplayed their draft expectations, like injured college players in Lee and Jaylon Smith.. I don't recall Bruce Carter being heralded too much after we took him either. Vander Esch is definitely a true investment at LB.

2. I don't see Conor fitting at RT.. The position needs height and strength, which he has neither. I don't see him as the one to upgrade La'el. IMO, the only position he could succeed at would be at backup center, where undersized players can make due surrounded by two bigger guards (Stepnoski comes to mind) If Looney starts at LG then it would open that role for him.

3. I actually meant 2016's version of Dez and the Cowboys.. 2014 Dez was still the man as he had Romo throwing to him.

4. Gallup is a star in the making. You can see the improvement, and the flashes of pure skill last season. He also started to become Dak's go to guy during the last few games. Last season he made a TON of good catches.. yet they were mostly out of bounds.

5. I don't think Beasley is 100% gone. Sure he made comments to media, but I don't think that seals the deal if the Cowboys intend to keep him around. I think they could sell him on a fresh start with a new OC. If he is willing to sign at a cap friendly deal, he is still an asset.
    - Connor Williams was a projected 1st round pick drafted in the 2nd round. If you're trying to make Connor Williams into Stepnoski or Jason Kelce (the best undersized center of this generation), it's not going to work because then you'd have to switch to a zone blocking scheme because blocking NTs straight up with him is a losing battle. Also, we already have Frederick who's a pro bowler coming off a rest year. You don't waste a 2nd round pick on a non-starter. La'el Collins is a FA next year and he's a league average tackle. Some bad team will no doubt overpay for him and the Cowboys will almost certainly take the decent 2021 comp pick.

- Like I said, Gallup is very similar to JuJu Smith-Schuster of the Steelers... guy drafted too low because his game speed and athleticism is far superior to his combine measurables. Not to mention the elite route running ability. Gallup has that rare subtle move (Cooper does, too, but that's expected for a #4 overall pick) that makes defenders consistently bite on the double move, and he races ahead. The problem is Dak kept throwing him out of bounds or just a little too deep. They work on it hard in OTAs, we could easily have two 1k+ yard outside receivers next year with Zeke, Frederick and Witten back, and hopefully another tight end like Eifert and an inexpensive upgrade at slot receiver and scatback.

- Beasley isn't 100% gone, but he's made it clear it's about the money. He's lived in the Frisco, Texas area his entire life, but he's made subtle hints about wanting to move to a new city for a couple years. It doesn't seem like he is too interested in winning a ring, though not sure he'd turn down an offer from the Patriots (though he'd lose his number there) but his wigga at ude over the past couple years and his odd mixed vibes make it such that it wouldn't shock nor truly upset me if he was gone by this time next month.

I cannot grok its fullnes leemajors's Avatar
    My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    I get your concern.. but, do you think the Cowboys would even want to bring him back if the current corp of TE's was playing better? Let's be clear, the Cowboys have simply refused to properly invest in certain positions, and TE is one of them. Our young TE's aren't really , keeping Gathers around proves how little they believe in the other two.

They've tried to polish turds into diamonds there, and at safety/LB.. Players like Gathers, and JJ Wilcox come to mind..

This is a move simply to remove any shadow of a doubt at whether or not to extend Dak to a major extension. They are trying to replicate the 2014 formula and eliminate any excuse as to why he "failed", assuming he does. We can expect the line to be much better as we are expecting Frederick to anchor the line again next year.. Martin has shown no signs of regression, and we now have another very good lineman in Joe Looney to toy around with.. Sure, Smith is clearly not the All-Pro he was in 2014, but we have to hope we will see some new blocking schemes and adjustments from Kellen Moore designed to protect Dak, opposed to letting an Adrian Clayborn rack up a season's sacks in one game.. no more stubborn Linehan bull game planning one would hope.

You have Amari Cooper as a much better version of what Bryant was in 2014, and now you have Michael Gallup as the clear 2 (if not 1 judging by the final 4 games of the season). Gallup definitely has a lot more potential than Williams did in 2014.. Hopefully keeping Beasley at 3 and now inserting Witten (Witten will open more room again for Beasley), with a dominant run game, and you can see they're trying to get a repeat shot at it this time with a much more experienced Dak at the helm.

Exactly my point ^
    Witten got doubled a lot in 17, if teams want to try that with Gallup and Cooper out there, let them. There are some positives.

My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count

My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    whoops. I can't see tweets using Firefox. Just saw on my phone I was posting what Chris just did.

My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    https://www.opera.com Fast, secure, easy-to-use browser
    Try the Opera browser - now with a built-in ad blocker, battery saver and free VPN.

My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    Try the Opera browser - now with a built-in ad blocker, battery saver and free VPN.
    I actually have it (Opera) installed already. Up until recently, Firefox has been great but for some reason, it doesn't show the tweets.

My Team
    Oakland Raiders
    Post Count
    opera is pretty good tbh, its what i use on my phone.

but on my computer its such a drag switching browsers... saved usernames and logins and whatnot

My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    Witten got doubled a lot in 17, if teams want to try that with Gallup and Cooper out there, let them. There are some positives.
    there's no way on earth they're going to double Witten with 2 legit outside speed WRs in the game who are both very good route runners

My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count

but on my computer its such a drag switching browsers... saved usernames and logins and whatnot
    I've had it crash on me maybe twice in like 4 years? Firefox was laggy and crashed all the time.

My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count

I love Dolphin for my phone. I have the gestures set up for all my most used websites. For SpursTalk, I just draw an “S” or “E” for espn, etc.

My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    One of the best plays ive ever seen.. Can you imagine if two players would have gone high and sandwiched his head?
    they would have shattered their helmets and Witten still would have been running. Just like how Chuck Norris tore his retina staring too hard at Witten tbh.

Watching the collapse benefactor's Avatar
    My Team
    Houston Oilers
    Post Count
    https://www.yahoo.com/sports/suspend...050625071.html

this dumb n!gger... ting away your career for some weed

My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    https://www.yahoo.com/sports/suspend...050625071.html

this dumb n!gger... ting away your career for some weed
    And the far left continues to argue that cannabis isn't addictive. Dumbasses.

My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    Ricky Williams broke Dorsett's 22 year NCAA career rushing record, won the Heisman, and did the same thing. I don't blame these guys for making a lifestyle choice, that is the nature of freedom.

My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    Ricky Williams broke Dorsett's 22 year NCAA career rushing record, won the Heisman, and did the same thing. I don't blame these guys for making a lifestyle choice, that is the nature of freedom.
    Not wanting to work blacks good now

My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    Not wanting to work blacks good now
    Never said otherwise.

My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    Never said otherwise.
    Was just ing with you

My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    Was just ing with you

My Team
    Oakland Raiders
    Post Count
    its pretty dumb that smoking weed and being an NFL player have to be mutually exclusive... but hey if the guy wants to live his life that way, by all means. just seems like a poor decision, considering dude has the opportunity to set himself up for life financially

Believe.
    Post Count
    Witten can't help himself stat wise even with two more seasons as far as moving up much vs Gonzalez.

The consenses is pretty much.....

1.Tony Gonzalez
    2.John Mackey..........history will always be involved
    3.Jason Wirtten

....when it comes to TE's.

Some debate with Gates vs Witten.

My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    Goodbye based Beasley

My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    Goodbye based Beasley
    Bye felicia... guy started acting like a wigger about a year or two ago, born and raised in Dallas BUT... acts like a typical coon, all about the money and nothing else... well enjoy the freezing cold, good luck in BuffaLOL

My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    Bye felicia... guy started acting like a wigger about a year or two ago, born and raised in Dallas BUT... acts like a typical coon, all about the money and nothing else... well enjoy the freezing cold, good luck in BuffaLOL
    Not going to miss his kickoff/punt returns tbh at least we got Witten for that easy 5-6 yard crossing route

Thread Information