Page 6 of 30 FirstFirst ... 234567891016 ... LastLast
    Enemy of the System Millennial_Messiah's Avatar
    My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    Not going to miss his kickoff/punt returns tbh at least we got Witten for that easy 5-6 yard crossing route
    Exactly. Witten and Beasley are basically the same player at this point, but Witten isn't going to drop passes if he gets hit.

My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    Exactly. Witten and Beasley are basically the same player at this point, but Witten isn't going to drop passes if he gets hit.
    Dude basically got his offer doubled on his extension compared to the Cowboys. He's going to be set for life.

My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    Dude basically got his offer doubled on his extension compared to the Cowboys. He's going to be set for life.
    If he doesn't die in his mustang trying to do 70 in the snow with his snapback on backwards, that is.

My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    If he doesn't die in his mustang trying to do 70 in the snow with his snapback on backwards, that is.

Did this dude ever do anything but warm the benches?

My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count

Did this dude ever do anything but warm the benches?
    He was the 3rd LB this year in base packages (countering 21, 22, 12 formations) when Lee was out. It usually led to Wilson getting torched up the seam by the other team's 2nd string tight end (Vernon Davis, Dan Arnold). Won't be missed.

My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count

My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    How active will the Cowboys be in the second wave of FA?

My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    LOL Dallas just signed the corpse of Randall Cobb.

If Rodgers couldn't get anything out of him what do we expect Prescott to do?!

My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    1 year deal low risk

My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    Nice fill in for Based Beasley

My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    Only played 9 games because of a hamstring, but was productive when he played

My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    Film session:

My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    LOL Dallas just signed the corpse of Randall Cobb.

If Rodgers couldn't get anything out of him what do we expect Prescott to do?!
    Dafuq? Randall Cobb has been Rodgers' trusty slot receiver and go-to-guy (other than Nelson) ever since Donald Driver retired.

He wasn't really hurt significantly until last year.

Let me ask, who got the Packers into the playoffs on a last minute 4th down hail mary in Chicago in the week 17 play-in game? 2013.

My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    I'm excited about the Cobb signing. What an upgrade over Beasley and we have at least two receivers who can hit homeruns on the deep route. Witten coming back....this is looking really good.

My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    I'm excited about the Cobb signing. What an upgrade over Beasley and we have at least two receivers who can hit homeruns on the deep route. Witten coming back....this is looking really good.
    Cobb can hit home runs in terms of RAC. He's great at catching one across the middle and turning it into a big gain. Think Golden Tate without the diva at ude. And he can occasionally burn you deep -- think the NFC North championship week 17 game winner in 2013.

Beasley is such an overrated a one trick pony. I don't believe he ever caught a ball over 25 yards down the field (not including RAC yards) in his career. He's quick but definitely lacking NFL deep speed.

Cooper as the outside X receiver, Gallup at the outside Z and Cobb in the slot is an almost ideal starting corps.

faggy opinion + certainty Mark Celibate's Avatar
    My Team
    San Diego Chargers
    Post Count
    Cobb can hit home runs in terms of RAC. He's great at catching one across the middle and turning it into a big gain. Think Golden Tate without the diva at ude. And he can occasionally burn you deep -- think the NFC North championship week 17 game winner in 2013.

Beasley is such an overrated a one trick pony. I don't believe he ever caught a ball over 25 yards down the field (not including RAC yards) in his career. He's quick but definitely lacking NFL deep speed.

Cooper as the outside X receiver, Gallup at the outside Z and Cobb in the slot is an almost ideal starting corps.
    I agree with you there...Yeah he's a nightmare in 3rd and 5 (or less) situations, but any 3rd and long situation you might as well forget about him. He was slow and a midget so he wasn't going to burn anybody for big plays or go up and "outfight" somebody for the ball. Guys like Cooper and Cobb can give you about the same productivity in those same situations but are also intermediate/deep threats throughout the ball game. I don't even see why Witten (no helmet etc) can't do the same thing Beasley does in 3rd and short situations

My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    I agree with you there...Yeah he's a nightmare in 3rd and 5 (or less) situations, but any 3rd and long situation you might as well forget about him. He was slow and a midget so he wasn't going to burn anybody for big plays or go up and "outfight" somebody for the ball. Guys like Cooper and Cobb can give you about the same productivity in those same situations but are also intermediate/deep threats throughout the ball game. I don't even see why Witten (no helmet etc) can't do the same thing Beasley does in 3rd and short situations
    Exactly. Witten can adequately fill Beasley's role on those 3rd and medium type plays. Plus he's a big body so he's very likely to come down with those contested catches.

My Team
    Oakland Raiders
    Post Count
    cobb hasn't been a difference maker in years tbh... but he's a bigger threat than beasley was

going back to witten reeks of desperation, but i'm still interested in seeing him back. he had clearly declined but was still a positive contributor in 2017

My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    Cobb was productive when he was healthy last year....I posted the film reel. Witten decided to come back to us because he wanted to play again so I don't see how that's desperation from the front office.

My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    Cobb was productive when he was healthy last year....I posted the film reel. Witten decided to come back to us because he wanted to play again so I don't see how that's desperation from the front office.
    Cobb took a 5 yard pass deep in GB territory all the way to the house with about a minute left on opening Sunday night. That was the game winning score. People give Aaron Rodgers credit for the comeback, but Cobb was the one who eluded about 7 Bears in 70 yards, sort of Marshawn Lynch in 2010-style.

My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    Cobb took a 5 yard pass deep in GB territory all the way to the house with about a minute left on opening Sunday night. That was the game winning score. People give Aaron Rodgers credit for the comeback, but Cobb was the one who eluded about 7 Bears in 70 yards, sort of Marshawn Lynch in 2010-style.
    I think he's still bitter about losing Cooper

My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    I think he's still bitter about losing Cooper
    then again, we're going to have to pay him, just like they would have had to pay both him and Mack. The Raiders won the trade, because the longer it strung out, the less compensation they would have received for a guy who was going to be super expensive anyways.

Cooper, Gallup, Cobb, and Hurns (if they keep him) is going to be a very expensive receiving corps when Gallup is up for a new contract. I love Cooper but Gallup is at least as good. He always beats his man but gets overthrown or thrown out of bounds, gaaah.

My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    I love Cooper but Gallup is at least as good.
    I gotta remember to add this to you list tomorrow.

My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    I gotta remember to add this to you list tomorrow.
    Did you actually watch the games or just look at the stats where he "missed" some targets (that, if you had watched the games, discovered he was WIIIIDE open for an easy 6 points on and the QB just missed the throw)?

Gallup would have had 1100+ yards and 10 TDs easily last year with a QB who could properly throw deep streaks/double move route throws.

My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    Did you actually watch the games or just look at the stats where he "missed" some targets (that, if you had watched the games, discovered he was WIIIIDE open for an easy 6 points on and the QB just missed the throw)?

Gallup would have had 1100+ yards and 10 TDs easily last year with a QB who could properly throw deep streaks/double move route throws.
    I did watch all the games. And he's a fine for what he does. But he's not "at least as good" as Cooper. That's just foolish and another indication of you not really understanding football.

And bull about him having 1100 yards and 10 TD.

He was #101 in true catch rate vs. Cooper who was #7.

And if being "WIIIIDE" open is a good metric for you, Cooper ranks WAYYYY ahead of Gallup in separation and cushion.
    Last edited by SpursforSix; 03-26-2019 at 09:36 AM.

Thread Information