Page 7 of 30 FirstFirst ... 3456789101117 ... LastLast
    Enemy of the System Millennial_Messiah's Avatar
    My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    I did watch all the games. And he's a fine for what he does. But he's not "at least as good" as Cooper. That's just foolish and another indication of you not really understanding football.

And bull about him having 1100 yards and 10 TD.

He was #101 in true catch rate vs. Cooper who was #7.

And if being "WIIIIDE" open is a good metric for you, Cooper ranks WAYYYY ahead of Gallup in separation and cushion.
    Cooper is awesome. I'm not downplaying that. But so is Gallup. I don't think Cowboys can afford to let either get away. With a real QB cooper gets 1500/14 and Gallup gets 1100/10. Add in 600 for Cobb and several hundred for Zeke in addition to his rushing yards. Then you have the tight ends. Cowboys are very talented at skill position. QB is the issue.

My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    Cooper is awesome. I'm not downplaying that. But so is Gallup. I don't think Cowboys can afford to let either get away. With a real QB cooper gets 1500/14 and Gallup gets 1100/10. Add in 600 for Cobb and several hundred for Zeke in addition to his rushing yards. Then you have the tight ends. Cowboys are very talented at skill position. QB is the issue.
    I'm not arguing that Gallup isn't a good receiver. But you said, "Gallup is at least as good as Cooper". I don't think there is anything to back that up.

My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    I'm not arguing that Gallup isn't a good receiver. But you said, "Gallup is at least as good as Cooper". I don't think there is anything to back that up.
    Okay... but Gallup is a better DEEP receiver. Cooper is more... catch one and elude a bunch of guys and take it the distance. Cobb is the same way. Beasley couldn't elude a soul, sadly.

My Team
    Oakland Raiders
    Post Count
    Cobb was productive when he was healthy last year....I posted the film reel. Witten decided to come back to us because he wanted to play again so I don't see how that's desperation from the front office.
    Cobb took a 5 yard pass deep in GB territory all the way to the house with about a minute left on opening Sunday night. That was the game winning score. People give Aaron Rodgers credit for the comeback, but Cobb was the one who eluded about 7 Bears in 70 yards, sort of Marshawn Lynch in 2010-style.
    i said like 10 words about cobb and half of them were about him being a bigger threat than beasley was.

but "marshawna lynch in 2010-style"

as for witten, the desperation isn't on his behalf. if the guy wants to play again, more power to him. the desperation is on the cowboys side or going back to a retired, declining player. the raiders did so with lynch and it paid off tbh, but witten is significantly older than lynch

I think he's still bitter about losing Cooper
    not at all, and im glad he did well with the cowboys. he needed a change of scenery imho, so it works out for both sides. he wasn't playing well here for the last 2 seasons. besides, we got a first round pick for him, and only needed to flip a 3 and 5 for antonio brown ... so we got to move up in the draft and upgrade at WR collectively.

My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    If I'm the Raiders I'm not too thrilled about getting an old diva Antonio Brown when they're as far from "win now" mode as possible. 90% chance he retires ringless.

My Team
    Oakland Raiders
    Post Count
    If I'm the Raiders I'm not too thrilled about getting an old diva Antonio Brown when they're as far from "win now" mode as possible. 90% chance he retires ringless.
    if the Raiders offered the Cowboys Antonio Brown and a 1st round pick for Amari Cooper, a 3rd, and a 5th, what would you say?

My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    if the Raiders offered the Cowboys Antonio Brown and a 1st round pick for Amari Cooper, a 3rd, and a 5th, what would you say?
    Yes because of the first round pick and the fact the Cowboys are in win now mode (with so many young stars up for new contracts soon).

But Antonio Brown on a rebuilding team is a match made in .

My Team
    Oakland Raiders
    Post Count
    ok then you should just

Watching the collapse benefactor's Avatar
    My Team
    Houston Oilers
    Post Count
    ^

My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    ok then you should just

Broken image.

I'm saying the Cooper trade was good for the Raiders, but giving up an early mid rounder and a late mid rounder for a locker room cancer who's going to decline and retire soon (when he's no longer worth 15m+ per year) when you're NOT trying to add wins, but rather trying to tank like the 76ers earlier this decade to build a stacked roster of young premium talent for Gruden to work with... just doesn't really compute.

I cannot grok its fullnes leemajors's Avatar
    My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    jj and any other reasonable person would take it in a heartbeat.

My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    Robert Quinn is still 28. He's getting a 1-year prove it deal. Hopefully this means the end of Lawrence, but knowing the Joneses they'll kow tow.

My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    not at all, and im glad he did well with the cowboys. he needed a change of scenery imho, so it works out for both sides. he wasn't playing well here for the last 2 seasons. besides, we got a first round pick for him, and only needed to flip a 3 and 5 for antonio brown ... so we got to move up in the draft and upgrade at WR collectively.
    AB is damaged goods homey you got a Diva wide recieva lmao!!!

My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count

My Team
    Oakland Raiders
    Post Count
    Chris doing the troll thing

My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    Chris doing the troll thing
    21 doing the tap out thing. Not good for much but searching through people's post history looking for anomalies.

My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    can't we just trade Lawrence already?

On a good news note: Michael Irvin's throat tumor came back negative for malignancy. For now. Huge unexpected break because both his (smoker) dad and brother died around age 50 of a similar cancer, and Mike is 53.

My Team
    Oakland Raiders
    Post Count
    21 doing the tap out thing. Not good for much but searching through people's post history looking for anomalies.
    not tapping out. i'll gladly defend my position on the merits. brown led the NFL in receiving TD's last year and is coming off a 100 catch 1300 yard season in which we played in 15 games. he's not "damaged goods" by any stretch and is still at the top of his game. but posts like the one below are pure trolling and not worthy of engaging

faggy opinion + certainty Mark Celibate's Avatar
    My Team
    San Diego Chargers
    Post Count
    happy late birthday to the surefire HOF'er and already Cowboy legend....good interview here

http://www.theunticket.com/fake-jaso...sinks-3-28-19/

My Team
    Oakland Raiders
    Post Count
    DeMarcus Lawrence signed

5 years, 105 mil. 21 per year. unconfirmed but read 65 ml guaranteed

My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    excellent.

My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    DeMarcus Lawrence signed

Ouch.

Now that this did happen unfortunately, I would make sure to get Cooper, Byron Jones, and Jaylon Smith locked up ASAP.

Elliott can get option'd and then tagged. Quack can sign somewhere else like Miami and we'll take the 3rd round comp pick, tbh.

My Team
    San Francisco 49ers
    Post Count
    DeMarcus Lawrence signed

Saw this ESPN headline

Feels good to have no idea who this is

My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    Ouch.

Now that this did happen unfortunately, I would make sure to get Cooper, Byron Jones, and Jaylon Smith locked up ASAP.

Elliott can get option'd and then tagged. Quack can sign somewhere else like Miami and we'll take the 3rd round comp pick, tbh.
    I think things are going to get ugly with Zeke. All these guys getting paid and he could be the odd man out. Will even be more difficult if Dak publicly supports him. Dak better toe the company line once he gets paid.

My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    his cap hit is only 11 mill next season, so they opened up 9 mill more for the season as opposed to the franchise tender.

Thread Information