Page 8 of 30 FirstFirst ... 45678910111218 ... LastLast
    Enemy of the System Millennial_Messiah's Avatar
    My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    I think things are going to get ugly with Zeke. All these guys getting paid and he could be the odd man out. Will even be more difficult if Dak publicly supports him. Dak better toe the company line once he gets paid.
    If we win the SB next year and Zeke is the MVP, I'd re-sign Zeke for Todd Gurley's money and let Dak choose his next team and take our 2021 3rd round compensatory pick like the Eagles got for Foles. Then we trade up in the draft and draft our QB of the future (who we'll have cost-controlled for 4-5 years).

My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count

My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    Sure didn't feel like it though in last night's sleepfest.

My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    All late but .....

My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    Cowboys making little progress in negotiations with Amari Cooper as contract demands ‘shockingly high’

https://www.silverandblackpride.com/...hockingly-high

As much as I like Cooper on the team, I don't know if it makes sense to pay a WR the kind of money it sounds like he wants.

Cowboys are about to be in a tough spot with having to overpay Cooper and Zeke. Presumably after overpaying Dak.

My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    Cowboys making little progress in negotiations with Amari Cooper as contract demands ‘shockingly high’

https://www.silverandblackpride.com/...hockingly-high

As much as I like Cooper on the team, I don't know if it makes sense to pay a WR the kind of money it sounds like he wants.

Cowboys are about to be in a tough spot with having to overpay Cooper and Zeke. Presumably after overpaying Dak.
    You don't blow a 1st round pick for nothing... we're likely picking top 15 without Cooper. You can't trade a 2019 1st round pick for a 2021 3rd round compensation pick, that's just horrid business practice that should get the GM exported to ISIS.

You pay Cooper, Zeke, the OLine and the defense, and draft your QB of the future next year. Simple as that.

My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    You don't blow a 1st round pick for nothing... we're likely picking top 15 without Cooper. You can't trade a 2019 1st round pick for a 2021 3rd round compensation pick, that's just horrid business practice that should get the GM exported to ISIS.

You pay Cooper, Zeke, the OLine and the defense, and draft your QB of the future next year. Simple as that.
    I agree that they're stuck with Cooper. And he's a great player. But looking back through the last several Super Bowls, I don't really see that many teams that got there that had a top shelf WR. Much less with an overpaid one.

My Team
    Oakland Raiders
    Post Count

Watching the collapse benefactor's Avatar
    My Team
    Houston Oilers
    Post Count
    And this is a surprise? Cooper knows he has all the leverage and he's approaching it as such. If he leaves he'll go to another team for less but with Dallas burning a first to acquire him they are painted in a corner and he won't have to.

Just bend over and take it Jerrah.

My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    I agree that they're stuck with Cooper. And he's a great player. But looking back through the last several Super Bowls, I don't really see that many teams that got there that had a top shelf WR. Much less with an overpaid one.
    Falcons essentially won it all 2 years ago. And Julio was big time, too. He made the ridiculous, otherworldly catch that put the Falcons in comfortable field goal range to go up 11 points which would have iced the game.

We've got a job to do. Darth_Pelican's Avatar
    My Team
    New Orleans Saints
    Post Count
    Yep, it’s crazy that all of the top WRs in the NFL have a combined zero rings: OBJ, Julio, AJ Green, Hopkins, Brown, Thomas, Hill, Evans, TY, Adams, Landry, etc. I might have missed a couple, those just popped in my head.

My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    And this is a surprise? Cooper knows he has all the leverage and he's approaching it as such. If he leaves he'll go to another team for less but with Dallas burning a first to acquire him they are painted in a corner and he won't have to.

Just bend over and take it Jerrah.
    The only alternative I see is to trade Cooper for a 2020 1st, Dak for a 2020 1st (if you can get one out of him; if not, a couple 2020 2nds), ride on Mike White, Michael Gallup and the defense this year and draft either Herbert or Tagovailoa next year + a star rookie receiver with all those premium picks, factoring in a likely trade-up.

My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    Yep, it’s crazy that all of the top WRs in the NFL have a combined zero rings: OBJ, Julio, AJ Green, Hopkins, Brown, Thomas, Hill, Evans, TY, Adams, Landry, etc. I might have missed a couple, those just popped in my head.
    Prime Deh Bryant
    Megatron

Though Alshon is top 10 and he has one.
    Jerry Rice has a collection of 'em.

We've got a job to do. Darth_Pelican's Avatar
    My Team
    New Orleans Saints
    Post Count
    Prime Deh Bryant
    Megatron

Though Alshon is top 10 and he has one.
    Jerry Rice has a collection of 'em.
    I meant the current top guys have zero.

My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    Alshon.

But the rest of them... yep.

My Team
    Oakland Raiders
    Post Count
    you'd have to go back to demaryius thomas but its not like they won cause of their passing game

My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    Falcons essentially won it all 2 years ago. And Julio was big time, too. He made the ridiculous, otherworldly catch that put the Falcons in comfortable field goal range to go up 11 points which would have iced the game.
    That’s why I said “that many”. He’s the one that cane to mind.

My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    That’s why I said “that many”. He’s the one that cane to mind.
    I still like to think of the Falcons as the actual 16-17 champions

My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    I still like to think of the Falcons as the actual 16-17 champions
    Who gives a . It has nothing to do with the conversation.

Believe.
    Post Count
    I'm about a month away from sitting down with my Lindy NFL Mag and delving deeply into the 2019 season.

But....in the NFL it's just you vs the division. The Cowboys will win the.....

Skins no QB
    Eagles....Wentz will be injured by week 8
    Giants....Eli is done.

...division.

Don't need any study to get this.

The game is always better with the Niners, Cowboys, Raiders in the mix.

My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    I'm about a month away from sitting down with my Lindy NFL Mag and delving deeply into the 2019 season.

But....in the NFL it's just you vs the division. The Cowboys will win the.....

Skins no QB
    Eagles....Wentz will be injured by week 8
    Giants....Eli is done.

...division.

Don't need any study to get this.
    DeMarcus Lawrence is going to kill Eli

Believe.
    Post Count
    DeMarcus Lawrence is going to kill Eli

That is a very real possibility.

My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    That is a very real possibility.
    Especially since it's a 4:30 PM EDT game so Eli will be staring into the sun..

My Team
    Oakland Raiders
    Post Count
    wow this thread smells awful

My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    Jon Gruden looking like a ing genius at this point.. avoided a potential Mack 2.0

The Cowboys front office has evolved into one of the better in the league as of late, they really learned their lesson after the Brandon Carr lube free ing they took.. We all saw the difference he made after Cooper arrived, and one would expect him to get better with more time working w/ Dak.. However, if the last 4 games of last season are any indicator, they also have to feel pretty good about Gallup's potential to take the #1 spot assuming they have to ship this sexual off somewhere for a first.

He understandably wants to get paid, but the Cowboys are not in a position where they cannot him equally in return if he wants to play hard ball. Nobody is gonna pay him what he wants when you look at his career so if he doesn't come in and have his best year of football. He's going to end up getting stuck on some ty team for a fraction of what he would have if he simply worked hard and remained patient.. like he said he was just 3 weeks ago

Thread Information