Page 1 of 30 1234511 ... LastLast
    Enemy of the System Millennial_Messiah's Avatar
    My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    Good step up this year from the horror of 2017. Won a playoff game and was a stop and score away from winning another. Team is the youngest in the NFL and definitely on the up-swing...

Who to re-sign, trade, or let go?

Who to trade for?

Sign Earl Thomas #29 for sure (Heath needs to be replaced big time), do we also go after Antonio Brown if we let go of Beasley? We seem to have 2 young stars at outside receiver already in Cooper and Gallup.

Could Antonio Brown in the slot put Dak and the team over the hump next year?? Especially since we'll be getting our full healthy OL back intact with #72 Travis Frederick returning from his nerve damage.

My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    Yup Heath either has to bulk up or go. Sadly Lee looks done and might not even play again...we need a good backup for Zeke and draft some O-line/D-line/cornerbacks in that order.

My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    Yup Heath either has to bulk up or go. Sadly Lee looks done and might not even play again...we need a good backup for Zeke and draft some O-line/D-line/cornerbacks in that order.
    Someone on the Cowboys board posted that this season for us was a lot like the Seahawks in 2012, with the upcoming of the defense and the way they fought to the end in a tough division matchup. Also, because Leroy Hill was the Seahawks' long-time reliable starting LB for many years (sort of like Sean Lee) who was oft-injured and broken in 2012 and retired after that year after being supplanted by young Bobby Wagner and K.J. Wright. Very reminiscent of our situation with Jaylon and LVE.

Great news is Kris Richard is back, likely D-coordinator full time which makes tons of sense. I'd give Garrett another year but they really have to take the big leap up as teams like the Saints decline a bit with the slow decline or retirement of Brees.

I don't think there's any way we don't sign Earl Thomas. Jeff Heath has another year on his contract, but he should be exclusively playing special teams (which he's good at). Definitely not defense, and lack of "bulkiness" is far down the list of his problems.

We need to draft a reliable scatback behind Zeke who can catch and run outside the tackles, it's obvious we didn't have that at all in our offense all season, and that is something that can easily be found in the 3rd round (see Alvin Kamara).

My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    They just need three pieces to advance further next year. New QB, new coach, and new OC.

My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    They just need three pieces to advance further next year. New QB, new coach, and new OC.
    Dak can improve, he's smart enough, he just needs to make better reads, correctable.

New HC won't happen this year, but we can hope for a new OC.

My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    Dak can improve, he's smart enough, he just needs to make better reads, correctable.

The reads are only part of the problem. The big issue is that he can’t make relatively easy passes to open receivers. He can’t even consistently make the short passes. With Dak as QB, they’ll never really be able to realize the potential of having Cooper and Gallup.

I hope I’m wrong but I don’t believe he’s going to ever be an accurate QB.

My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    The reads are only part of the problem. The big issue is that he can’t make relatively easy passes to open receivers. He can’t even consistently make the short passes. With Dak as QB, they’ll never really be able to realize the potential of having Cooper and Gallup.

I hope I’m wrong but I don’t believe he’s going to ever be an accurate QB.
    well, if they really up next year they can let Dak walk and get Justin Herbert or the left handed Hawaiian guy (who I don't like but some pundits do) early in the 1st round

My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    FOUR.

We need a new owner too.

A neverending cycle Trainwreck2100's Avatar
    My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    It's great that they gave up a first round pick for 1 playoff win.

My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    It's great that they gave up a first round pick for 1 playoff win.
    That's silly logic. 2019 draft class looks awful especially on offense, and it looks unlikely they would even get a receiver half as good as Cooper with a mid or even earlier first round pick if they didn't trade for Cooper

We need a slot receiver, a tight end and scatback to complete our offense and we can have as good of offense as the Rams and Saints, yes with Dak. The loss of Travis Frederick was enormous for the run game this year. All the times Zeke got stopped on 3rd & 1, 4th & 1 this year -- that never, ever happens with Frederick in the game.

The Cowboys had THE YOUNGEST team in the NFL in 2018 in terms of their most-used 30 offense and defense players. The notion that Jerry went "all in on 2018" is stupid. Amari Cooper is Dez Bryant's replacement and far better at separation and route running than Dez ever was.
    Last edited by Millennial_Messiah; 01-14-2019 at 12:48 AM.

My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    Garrett expects Linehan to be back.

I cannot grok its fullnes leemajors's Avatar
    My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    Garrett expects Linehan to be back.
    awful news.

My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    Yep. It was the only change that I thought was possible this off-season but now...another year of the same.
    I don't think Dak looks like the long term solution at QB but I would have liked to see how he'd do with different play calling.
    I hope they at least get a new QB coach.

My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    Yep. It was the only change that I thought was possible this off-season but now...another year of the same.
    I don't think Dak looks like the long term solution at QB but I would have liked to see how he'd do with different play calling.
    I hope they at least get a new QB coach.
    Stephen Jones just said it's a bit early to speculate on who is staying and who is going, so there is still hope.

My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    Stephen Jones just said it's a bit early to speculate on who is staying and who is going, so there is still hope.

optimistically, I read that as them saying that they're gonna get rid of Linehan

My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    Pressed about his answer on Monday morning regarding Scott Linehan returning in 2019, Jason Garrett sort of pleaded the fifth. He said that he “didn’t know” how he answered the question earlier in the day. For a coach with a strong memory that’s awfully odd.

My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count

My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    I think that's a good sign that Line might get the axe. We can hope.

My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    If we do go the college route for OC to replace Linehan, I'm kind of secretly hoping for Seth Littrell. Dude is a young stud but not too terribly young.

faggy opinion + certainty Mark Celibate's Avatar
    My Team
    San Diego Chargers
    Post Count
    rofl

My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    My guess is they'll pressure him and it'll seem like he stepped down on his own. I can't fathom Dallas rolling into next season with Linehan.

My Team
    New England Patriots
    Post Count

it surely is the hardest to notice if it happens, but I have a hard time thinking of a qb that doesn't make more than two reads, suddenly start making them without scrambling.. May be harder to fix than any accuracy issue.

My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    My guess is they'll pressure him and it'll seem like he stepped down on his own. I can't fathom Dallas rolling into next season with Linehan.
    I hope so. It would be disappointing to go into next season status quo.
    It'd be like wanting to buy a foot long coney dog and only being able to get the sloppy 6" coney dog....

My Team
    New York Giants
    Post Count
    Listen guys...I thought I made it quite clear...made it quite clear...Scott Linehan will be our offensive coordinator next year...maybe...if we decide to bring him back...gotta look at the tape first...gotta look at the tape...

My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    Linehan gets the axe!

Thread Information