Enemy of the System Millennial_Messiah's Avatar
    My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count

A neverending cycle Trainwreck2100's Avatar
    My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    It'll be great once Jason is gone and cuckboy fans are scrambling for different excuses as to why their team sucks . Probably gonna fall back on the ol standby of blaming Jerruh?

I've said it so many times but axing garret does nothing because jerry will just put another yes man in his place. I don't think jerruh pays for dak now that paying for zeke has resulted in a loss of production

Cowboys trying really hard to give the division to the Eagles...

but the Eagles are having none of it!

!

just happened to chg channels and found out cowboys are playing? Wtf?

already getting killed 24-7

me

My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    Cowboys trying really hard to give the division to the Eagles...

but the Eagles are having none of it!
    @ 3-9 don't count out the Redskins

@ 3-9 don't count out the Redskins

lol

redskins want no part of it either!

faggy opinion + certainty Mark Celibate's Avatar
    My Team
    San Diego Chargers
    Post Count
    obviously happy as everyone else with how our offense looks, but us being hyped as a Superbowl contender already is typical marketing BS. None of our opponents have won a game, heck even Tampa Bay is putting it on the Giants. '

These next two weeks are going to be big. If we can handle Green Bay, I'll start buying into this being a potentially special season but if we lose another shoot out to Aaron Rodgers then it's same old Cowboys IMO
    damn. posted this right after the 3-0 start , pretty much exactly on point

My Team
    San Diego Chargers
    Post Count
    Bot's inability to ever craft a unique gameplan when certain players are in and out cost the team again against Chicago. They had Trevaythan, Hicks, and Smith out yet The Bot did nothing to target that area of the field. It's like this that we've seen over and over and over for years. He just rides with the stupid "we do what we do" mentality, which is basically just run it down their throat no matter what the opponent is showing. In today's game that approach just doesn't work. You can't just line up and mow down your opponent week after week, the talent gap just isn't that large, you have to be creative

My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    Bot's inability to ever craft a unique gameplan when certain players are in and out cost the team again against Chicago. They had Trevaythan, Hicks, and Smith out yet The Bot did nothing to target that area of the field. It's like this that we've seen over and over and over for years. He just rides with the stupid "we do what we do" mentality, which is basically just run it down their throat no matter what the opponent is showing. In today's game that approach just doesn't work. You can't just line up and mow down your opponent week after week, the talent gap just isn't that large, you have to be creative
    Yeah, Garrett is essentially the CPU in a game of Madden. His idea is run whatever he wants on any given play regardless of anything to do with the opponent. Basically the antiquated Tom Landry stuff. I hate it

...on the bright side...

i am confident that the .500 lifetime coach

will get back to .500 with a win today ...its just who he is and will always be

My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    ...on the bright side...

i am confident that the .500 lifetime coach

will get back to .500 with a win today ...its just who he is and will always be
    There won't be a win today. Rams are peaking and will win out.

We'll get back to .500 with a loss today and then 2 wins to end the season against crappy inferior compe ion, and finish the season 8-8. That was my prediction all along since last month. There you have it.

We'll get back to .500 with a loss today and then 2 wins to end the season against crappy inferior compe ion, and finish the season 8-8. That was my prediction all along since last month. There you have it.
    yup cannot really disagree-

and as a matter of fact that was my original prediction- BEFORE my last post...

but then i thought some more...and told myself, “this ing coach/team will probably shock everyone and beat the rams and get people’s hope up again...only to lose to inferior teams and STILL end up 8-8.”

lol

either scenario would not surprise me at all

My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    yup cannot really disagree-

and as a matter of fact that was my original prediction- BEFORE my last post...

but then i thought some more...and told myself, “this ing coach/team will probably shock everyone and beat the rams and get people’s hope up again...only to lose to inferior teams and STILL end up 8-8.”

lol

either scenario would not surprise me at all
    Nah, the last 2 are division games. The one thing about Garrett is he tends to bring his "A" game in division games.

Nah, the last 2 are division games. The one thing about Garrett is he tends to bring his "A" game in division games.
    just watch...lol

My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    Have you seen the Eagles lately? They're not just awful, they're on a whole, different level of bad on offense... literally half their offense is out with long term injuries, including their star RT and best 3 WRs.

Have you seen the Eagles lately? They're not just awful, they're on a whole, different level of bad on offense... literally half their offense is out with long term injuries, including their star RT and best 3 WRs.

eagles about to win

My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    eagles about to win
    barely beat the zero-talent skins and G-Strings on the last play of the game

barely beat the zero-talent skins and G-Strings on the last play of the game
    yup

they suck as bad as dallas and are tied lol

welp...

im NOT the kind of guy that would say “i told you so...”

but...

My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    welp...

im NOT the kind of guy that would say “i told you so...”

but...
    whelp, Garrett saves his job with another winning season. 9-7 instead of 8-8, folks.

whelp, Garrett saves his job with another winning season. 9-7 instead of 8-8, folks.

nope

they will return to their nature and still up

lol

My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    nope

they will return to their nature and still up

lol
    They're not losing to the ty Eagles. Though I wouldn't be shocked if they rested their starters in week 17 assuming they win next week.

My Team
    Green Bay Packers
    Post Count
    Them boys gonna back into the playoffs and Rodgers gonna creampie them

Board Man Comes Home Clipper Nation's Avatar
    Post Count
    The Eagles are another blatantly obvious "Bot Bounceback" game just like the Rams were.

The Clapper is never getting fired.

My Team
    San Diego Chargers
    Post Count
    The Eagles are another blatantly obvious "Bot Bounceback" game just like the Rams were.

The Clapper is never getting fired.
    http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap300...re-for-cowboys

IRVING, TX -- This moment -- the bounce in Jerry Jones' step as he made his way into the locker room, the extra sparkle in the glittery star on his left lapel, the smile that finally creased his face again -- was thick with irony.It was, after all, nearly a year ago, when the Dallas Cowboys' crushing playoff loss to the Los Angeles Rams first made Jerry Jones seriously consider life after Jason Garrett. Now, it is the Cowboys' 44-21 crushing of the Rams Sunday afternoon that may give Garrett renewed life. Jerry Jones believes again. In the Cowboys. In Garrett. In all that is good about football.
    "You would be pretty shallow if you said this game changes a lot of your mind about Jason," Jones said. "And I say that positively about Jason. I've said that many times in speaking about Jason Garrett. Jason Garrett checks a lot of boxes for me, the Cowboys, sports and the NFL, checks a lot of boxes positively. This game didn't change that. It shows, though, he can coach the team to come out here to get physical when they are down, when the situations are a challenge. Nothing I'd like better than to ride his coattails to a fairy tale here."

Jones feels the ups and downs of his team as acutely as any fan does and this victory, after three straight losses and a month of misery, may have been as important to his psyche as it was to the team's. It came after a miserable start -- a screwy coin flip fiasco, an opening kickoff that sailed out of bounds, defensive penalties on third downs that extended the first two Rams drives -- that seemed to portend more disaster ahead. It came with the offensive line physically overwhelming the Rams to the tune of 263 yards rushing. It came with two beloved and aging Cowboys providing big-play heroics -- a one-handed touchdown catch by Jason Witten, an interception by Sean Lee -- that Jones called inspirational.
    Jones has a gift for storytelling and this is the kind of narrative he aches to believe the Cowboys can still write, full of the resilience and grit of any good western. A win over the Philadelphia Eagles next Sunday, improbably, will give the Cowboys the NFC East le.
    More immediately, a win like this -- against the defending NFC champion that had so much at stake, too -- gives the Cowboys a shot of credibility, just as the loss to the Jets stripped away their early overinflated sense of selves. That it seemingly came out of nowhere, with the season slipping away, only enhanced the surrealness. It is their first victory against an opponent with a winning record, their first at home since Oct. 20. The locker room was ebullient, of course. Dak Prescott was able to joke about his role in the coin flip confusion. Where was all of this -- the physicality, the urgency, the energy -- all season? Jones didn't want to go there. He is just happy the Cowboys are going to get a renewed sense of confidence when they so desperately need it.
    It also, not incidentally, quiets for a few days the narrative that has dominated a large chunk of NFL chatter for the last month, since Jones set fire to the seat beneath Garrett after the Cowboys lost a winnable game to the Patriots. That night, he noted that for the makeup of this team, he should not be as frustrated as he has been. That was Jones, the Cowboys' general manager, saying that for the high-priced talent on his roster, the results should be a lot better. He was not wrong then and he would not be wrong now. That the Cowboys are clawing for a playoff spot with as much offensive talent as they have points the biggest fingers at the coaching staff. As the losses piled up, the decision seemed all but made, with Jones even musing about the relative merits of college coaches making the leap to the pros. Garrett tried everything to rally his team. Last week, he showed them a highlight reel of good plays, many taken from last year. It seemed hokey and desperate. It also may have worked.
    And for a least a week, the seemingly-inevitable trajectory has been rerouted.

"That implies that I had concluded and had assessed the future and that's not correct," Jones said. "I had not reached that, and wouldn't under these cir stances until this season is over. What it does remind me is that the season is not over."
    Jones is an inveterate optimist and he sincerely believes that big things could still be in store for his 7-7 team, despite the fact that they could win the division as a .500 team, the kings of a very low hill. The celebration Sunday notwithstanding, it seems nearly certain that Garrett will have to take the Cowboys on a deep playoff run to get a new contract. That seems unlikely, given that if the Cowboys win the division, they will have to host a wild card team that will have a much better record.
    Whatever. There is plenty of time for that later. Sunday was about Jones spinning the team's shortcomings into the launching point for an inspirational turnaround, a plot point on which to build a stirring ending.
    "We've seen how we played on balance for several weeks," he said. "When I see a team that can take it on the chin the way this team has and turn around and have a game like today against the Rams, that shows me it's there. I've seen these guys individually and as a team really handle adversity."
    They have. After all, if this game was a reminder that the season is not over, that means that even Jones -- who took a brief oratorical detour Sunday to talk about seeing dreams made -- thought, it fact, that the season might be over. He did, as it turns out. The dreamer is a pragmatist, too, after all. And Jones knows that as good as Sunday was, he is only now waking up from his earlier nightmare. And as with any dream, there are still so many questions left to answer about what this all means in the end.
    "I can sure count in terms of knowing where you are statistically," Jones said. "That loss against Chicago set me down pretty hard. We've had other disappointing losses, but I didn't expect that against Chicago. I didn't expect Chicago to play as well against us as they played. I must tell you, our team played above my expectations tonight. I'm really proud of them. Just as much above my expectations tonight as we played below expectations in Chicago."

FUUUUUUUUUUUUU

Thread Information