Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    Bend over, I'll in show you gotry.
    got

faggy opinion + certainty Mark Celibate's Avatar
    My Team
    San Diego Chargers
    Post Count
    Prescott still missing Gallup on the go route. He underthrew it and it was only complete after Gallup had to comeback and make a great play over a Rams backup corner

Post Count
    they need a qb

Where were the Lions with Barry Sanders?

What did the Vikings do with Adrian Peterson?

You don't win because of running backs.

The amazing Gale Sayers Bears never did .

Every RB in the NFL can average 4.0 a carry behind that Dallas Line and most can catch a pass. That is all any team needs.

Trade him.

Since Dak is iinvolved....

We could see....

Dak Cowboys
    Wilson Seahawks
    Winston Buc's
    Cam Panthers
    Haskins Redskins
    Murray Cards
    Watson Texans
    Jackson Ravens
    Mahomes Chiefs
    Bissett Cots

Start in week one, that has to be a record for black QB;s on opening day.

Enemy of the System Millennial_Messiah's Avatar
    My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    Prescott still missing Gallup on the go route. He underthrew it and it was only complete after Gallup had to comeback and make a great play over a Rams backup corner
    Like I said since a long time, Gallup is special. He's going to be a top 10-ish receiver very soon. It doesn't mean you have to trade Cooper; that's a good problem to have two elite outside WRs. The issue is that the Cowboys really need an elite QB if they're going to pay a QB 30+ million annually.

The idea is to go all in this year with what we have (getting Cooper and Zeke locked up in the process), franchise Dak, look for a suitor, hopefully get a 1st round pick for him, roll into 2020 with Cooper Rush/Mike White as your starting QB tandem, hopefully finish near last in the NFL next year due to godawful QB play and draft Trevor Lawrence.

My Team
    Houston Texans
    Post Count

My Team
    San Francisco 49ers
    Post Count
    National Feelings League

Muh kneeling
    Muh helmet
    Muh jokes

My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    I said the exact same .. ing terrible throw.. and this clown is the reason our Owner and best back in the league are now in a relationship that could go south in a hurry..

My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    I said the exact same .. ing terrible throw.. and this clown is the reason our Owner and best back in the league are now in a relationship that could go south in a hurry..
    Like I said... Play out the year with Prescott on current deal... Tag and Trade Dak next spring... Play Rush/White next year... Draft Trevor Lawrence in '21.

My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    Disrespectful is quitting on the team when you got 2 years left on your contract. Looks like Jerruh isn't going to budge and good on him for it.

My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    Disrespectful is quitting on the team when you got 2 years left on your contract. Looks like Jerruh isn't going to budge and good on him for it.
    I wouldn't either, but I'd budge on him before I'd budge on Quack. I don't care if he shows up on time, that he's a better guy than Zeke and more humble, etc. but regardless of position, if the option is to pay long-term the 19th best player in the league at his position $30M+ a year <<OR>> to pay the BEST player in the league at his position $15M a year, I'm going with the latter 10 times out of 10.

My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    I wouldn't either, but I'd budge on him before I'd budge on Quack. I don't care if he shows up on time, that he's a better guy than Zeke and more humble, etc. but regardless of position, if the option is to pay long-term the 19th best player in the league at his position $30M+ a year <<OR>> to pay the BEST player in the league at his position $15M a year, I'm going with the latter 10 times out of 10.
    Zeke should just fire his agent and throw him under the bus. Then he can come back hat in hand.

Enjoyed seeing the ole raisin give a jab to Zeke.

My Team
    Baltimore Ravens
    Post Count
    National Feelings League

Muh kneeling
    Muh helmet
    Muh jokes
    "Muh favorite forum"

My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count

My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count

Priorities

My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count

Haymakers

My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    12.8M/year is slightly more than what Kuechly is getting, but Kuechly signed his deal a long time ago, and Smith's deal is a bargain compared to the Mosley's and Barr's of the world. And the Wagner contract... zomg. This is a relative hometown discount.

54/55 are going to patrol the middle of the defense for a loooooooooooooooong time

My Team
    Oakland Raiders
    Post Count
    if smith stays on the field, he should be worth that kind of money.

but they should absolutely play hardball with dak. cant believe that dude is actually looking for 40

with zeke... its tough man. he's their best offensive player right now, maybe besides zack martin, but its sad business for running backs. they tend to break down first, so it doesnt make sense to give him another 4-5 years. they still control him on his rookie deal for another 2 seasons, and then can tag him. he doesnt really have leverage to be holding out right now

My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count

but they should absolutely play hardball with dak. cant believe that dude is actually looking for 40

with zeke... its tough man. he's their best offensive player right now, maybe besides zack martin, but its sad business for running backs. they tend to break down first, so it doesnt make sense to give him another 4-5 years. they still control him on his rookie deal for another 2 seasons, and then can tag him. he doesnt really have leverage to be holding out right now
    Smith actually isn't an injury prone player. He has had a grand total of 1 injury since middle school, albeit a really severe one, but not one he didn't ultimately overcome. He's not in the Sean Lee or Luke Kuechly or Jordan Hicks mold of injury prone.

I would love for Stephen, Jerry, Will and company to have the balls to play out Prescott this year and then tag him, and consider looking for suitors before the draft if someone is willing to throw a mid-late 1st at him (maybe a team like Pittsburgh? LAC? Patriots? Saints? a team with an aging great QB but nobody will trade a top 10 pick for him most likely). Prescott just is simply put a league average starting QB and one of the least talented starters on a talented starting 23. (I consider SLB and NCB to both be starters in today's NFL.)

As for Zeke, he does have quite a bit of leverage in one sense; the Cowboys aren't winning many games without him as currently constructed. If the QB was Mahomes or Rodgers or Luck or Wentz then maybe yes, but it's not. Without Zeke the Cowboys will be forced to win a bunch of 13-10 type games (like the Saints win last year) where the defense dominates and holds even though they're out on the field the majority of the game. Not really a winning formula long term and could get some of your defensive stars injured at some point. Cowboys have a top 3 defense as currently constructed and they're all young for the most part. The best complement to a great defense is a great running game, look at Seattle in 12-14 and the Bears of the mid-80s. Building your offense on the pass when you have a great defense seems to make your defense less effective because they have to be out there a majority of the game which isn't good. See the LA Chargers.

My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count

The problem is the flawed system the NFL has in place for RB's considering today's RB lifespan.. To take a 1st round RB with both parties knowing that the rookie deal is already the majority of that potential lifespan makes no sense for the player.. Signing them to a lucrative deal before ever playing a down in the league makes no sense for the team.

The NFL needs to come up with a system similar to the NBA to allow teams to go over the cap to keep their own guys they draft without any penalty. The Cowboys should not be penalized for drafting well with the majority of the last 5 years of picks. Every new deal that comes out is basically setting the market, it makes no sense that the rules aren't adjusting with inflation of salaries.

My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    Glad to see Jerry has really bought into the team's current philosophy. Let him worry about business, and let Stephen and Will handle personnel. I would love to keep the best RB in football, but if he isn't interested in "sharing the pie" for the sake of winning rings, then him, wouldn't bother me to see him traded. As long as the Cowboys get some good picks in return from a non-contender it will only make the team deeper in the next few years.

I really hope the rookie plays well.

My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    The problem is the flawed system the NFL has in place for RB's considering today's RB lifespan.. To take a 1st round RB with both parties knowing that the rookie deal is already the majority of that potential lifespan makes no sense for the player.. Signing them to a lucrative deal before ever playing a down in the league makes no sense for the team.

The NFL needs to come up with a system similar to the NBA to allow teams to go over the cap to keep their own guys they draft without any penalty. The Cowboys should not be penalized for drafting well with the majority of the last 5 years of picks. Every new deal that comes out is basically setting the market, it makes no sense that the rules aren't adjusting with inflation of salaries.
    OKC Thunder had the same problem in '12, so yes it happens in basketball

Thread Information