Page 24 of 30 FirstFirst ... 14202122232425262728 ... LastLast
    Enemy of the System Millennial_Messiah's Avatar
    My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    Dak Prescott headed to tag after no progress on new deal

Long-term contract extensions are rare during the season. If there is a window, however, the bye week can present it.
    However, with the Cowboys and quarterback Dak Prescott, no progress was made on contract talks during the off week, sources say. In fact, negotiations in earnest have not gone on for some time.
    This means Prescott is headed toward the franchise tag this offseason. At this point in the season, with a tag looming, it's hard to imagine a new deal getting done. That said, neither side has put a deadline on it and talks could kick into gear at any point.As Dallas is set to face the Minnesota Vikings tonight, there is "nothing going on," per one source.
    If the Cowboys gave Prescott the exclusive franchise tag, it would cost them more than $33 million. If he's tagged again in 2021, it would eclipse $40 million, and he could become a free agent in 2022 if they haven't struck a pact.
    For Prescott, his play for the NFC East-leading Cowboys has earned him a spot among the game's richest players. His passer rating of 102.5 is among the best efforts in his career, despite the pressure to perform in a contract year.
    This sets up an interesting situation for two looming contracts. With Prescott slated for the franchise tag, receiver Amari Cooper is also in a contract year. Cooper has said he's comfortable waiting until after the season for a new deal.
    Could Dallas tag Prescott and then transition tag Cooper? In the final year of the Collective Bargaining Agreement only, they can. Time will tell how they handle it.

My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    Garrett gets a D+ for the Vikings loss. Only "+" because a) he actually did let Dak air it out more than usual, and b) because he didn't squander any precious second half timeouts until he actually needed to use them.

But those inexplicably horrible, mind-numbingly stupid run calls when the run game wasn't working all night... just awful.

A neverending cycle Trainwreck2100's Avatar
    My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    Garrett gets a D+ for the Vikings loss. Only "+" because a) he actually did let Dak air it out more than usual, and b) because he didn't squander any precious second half timeouts until he actually needed to use them.

But those inexplicably horrible, mind-numbingly stupid run calls when the run game wasn't working all night... just awful.
    that wasn't him that was moore

My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    also, at you foolish clowns who wouldn't have traded Zack Martin straight up for Jamal Adams. Adams is a superstar Kam Chancellor clone (who would probably cost less than Martin on a per year basis), while the Cowboys' pathetic interior offensive line got royally butt ed in the run game again for the 3rd time just this season alone.

This team would win a super bowl with Dak, Cooper, more resources allocated to defense (DTs, a star SS), maybe another stud receiver and tight end, and less money hogged up by this way-underachieving offensive line. Keep Tyron Smith and L. Collins, but Frederick and Martin can go. They just don't get the push they used to before they got paid.

And get rid of the Zeke contract, too. RBs are replaceable, jeez. Draft and replace.

My Team
    Oakland Raiders
    Post Count
    while i dont think zeke's talent is easily replaceable (i do think he's a top 3 or top 5 back in the league), i think it's pretty redundant to pay huge money to your entire OL while also paying huge money for the back.

the cowboys are projected to have a healthy amount of cap space next summer, but on top of paying dak and cooper, they have some other pending FA's like byron jones, bennett/quinn, jeff heath (he's not very good, but is still a starter).

if they want to re-up dak and cooper, they're not going to be able to substantially upgrade via FA, so just roll with what they have and hope draft picks pan out

My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    while i dont think zeke's talent is easily replaceable (i do think he's a top 3 or top 5 back in the league), i think it's pretty redundant to pay huge money to your entire OL while also paying huge money for the back.

the cowboys are projected to have a healthy amount of cap space next summer, but on top of paying dak and cooper, they have some other pending FA's like byron jones, bennett/quinn, jeff heath (he's not very good, but is still a starter).

if they want to re-up dak and cooper, they're not going to be able to substantially upgrade via FA, so just roll with what they have and hope draft picks pan out
    He got benched last week, Darian Thompson has started at SS since.

My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count

This 100%.

Having a great O-line should allow you to make do with just a decent RB. With this offense, I don't think Zeke is getting them any extra wins they wouldn't have had without him.

lol Garret "overachieving" at 5-4

I'll say it again -

Garrett is a .500 coach and he will never be anything more than that - ever.

My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    TheOnion.com

Jerry Jones Announces The Cowboys Are Always "Great In Eight-and-Eight"

"We really consider eight wins to be a successful season," described Jerry Jones, the Arkansas-based multi-billionaire owner of the Dallas Cowboys. "We always set out every season, every training camp, for the ultimate goal of achieving an eight-win season. Eight wins is a really successful season, and I definitely think that we, really, should all consider ourselves really, really fortunate that we have the ideal head coach in place to acheive our goals as a franchise. We're always great in eight-and-eight."

faggy opinion + certainty Mark Celibate's Avatar
    My Team
    San Diego Chargers
    Post Count
    The Front Office still has memories of 2015 when they cut Murray and gambled that the underwear thief would step in and produce just as much with that offensive line, which obviously backfired big time. That whole season was a trainwreck though for many other reasons, but you can tell Bot and the front office are scared of it happening again hence paying the O-line and Zeke

My Team
    Oakland Raiders
    Post Count
    The Front Office still has memories of 2015 when they cut Murray and gambled that the underwear thief would step in and produce just as much with that offensive line, which obviously backfired big time. That whole season was a trainwreck though for many other reasons, but you can tell Bot and the front office are scared of it happening again hence paying the O-line and Zeke
    mcfadden had a good year in 2015 tho

Garrett
    Very impressive passing and scrambling/passing on that would-be tying-winning drive. I was also thinking keep passing, it's working well.

My Team
    San Diego Chargers
    Post Count
    mcfadden had a good year in 2015 tho
    yeah he did, i think they just forgot about him since he wasn't the bellcow that Murray was the year before or Zeke after. That and the season was so ty (not due to McFadden)

My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    yeah he did, i think they just forgot about him since he wasn't the bellcow that Murray was the year before or Zeke after. That and the season was so ty (not due to McFadden)
    yeah, and part of the reason McFadden didn't do even better was the fact there was no respect for the historically lousy passing game. Lamar Jackson is prime Peyton Manning compared to the options we had at QB in 2015.

Garrett has not been and never will be more than an average coach. Continuing to waste the prime seasons of this current roster (which is a very talented group) is not acceptable. I wish I knew the right person for the job, but I don't. The current coaching staff (which is managed by Garrett) does not add enough juice to the overall team. Losing two very winnable home games to GB and Minn along with the horrible performance against the Jets is enough ammunition to end Garrett's tenure in Dallas.

My Team
    San Diego Chargers
    Post Count
    yeah, and part of the reason McFadden didn't do even better was the fact there was no respect for the historically lousy passing game. Lamar Jackson is prime Peyton Manning compared to the options we had at QB in 2015.
    yeah and The Bot's answer to that was to check it down to Witten/Dunbar every game. Rarely did a pass go over 10 yards and teams figured that out quickly and the moron never even tried to adjust

My Team
    San Diego Chargers
    Post Count
    Garrett has not been and never will be more than an average coach. Continuing to waste the prime seasons of this current roster (which is a very talented group) is not acceptable. I wish I knew the right person for the job, but I don't. The current coaching staff (which is managed by Garrett) does not add enough juice to the overall team. Losing two very winnable home games to GB and Minn along with the horrible performance against the Jets is enough ammunition to end Garrett's tenure in Dallas.

Off the very top of my head I can think of a handful of games before this season which showed The Bot is not a quality head coach

2013 vs Green Bay - historic meltdown where they blew a 26-3 lead to Matt Flynn at home. The Boys were gashing the Packers in the run game, but The Bot for some reason up by 20+ decided to go full Air Raid on offense and let the Packers back in. Even Packers players after the game were laughing at Garrett for giving up on the run game

2011 @ Arizona - historic "icing his own kicker" game which wasn't even the worst part. They were right on the edge of FG range with 30 seconds left and two timeouts with the clock running. The Bot having no clue what to do just stood there "deer in the headlights" and waited for Romo to e it with a few seconds left. Could've easily gotten 2-3 more plays in before the FG attempt

2012 @ Baltimore - another game where they were gashing the opponent only for him to turn into Mike Leach letting the other team back into the game. Terrible clock management at the end, led to a long missed FG where they could've easily gotten a closer attempt if the re could actually make calm decisions under pressure

2015 vs Atlanta - The Bot's offensive gameplan in their first game after the Romo injury was to check it down to the RB every play. Falcons eventually crowded the LOS and game over, no adjustment

2017 vs Atlanta - classic case of The Bot unable to adjust when one key player is out with an injury. Tyron Smith is out with an injury, and Adrian Clayborn all of a sudden looks Canton-bound with a six sack game against the backup left tackle. The Bot refused to adjust by never giving help and running his stupid Air Coryell offense instead of shortening the routes

Most of the 2008 season - went into more detail about this one earlier, but The Bot's horrible "Mike Martz-style" offense was a terrible fit with this extremely talented personnel. Other defenses adjusted to it, and one of the most talented Cowboy teams ever flamed out and completely missed the playoffs due to the offense completely getting shutdown the second half of the season.

2013 vs Minnesota - rofl, the "4 carry game" for Demarco Murray when he was averaging 8 YPC. Cowboys got dragged into an unnecessary nailbiter with a bad team by abandoning the successful running game once again

2014 vs SF - Once again, the running game was grinding up yards but Bot went pass happy with a rusty Tony Romo who just came back from injury and cost them the game with one backbreaking INT after another. Romo gets his share of the blame, but he was clearly rusty as evidenced by his MVP-level play the rest of the year. No reason for the Bot to abandon the ground game

2017 vs SEA - Sounding like a broken record, Cowboys were moving the ball against the Seahawks, but Dez went full ooga booga on the sidelines over not getting the ball even though they were winning. Bot being the doormat he was, called for the offense to force it to Bryant leading to turnover and stalled drives. Seahawks eventually came back and won of course

My Team
    San Francisco 49ers
    Post Count
    Seahawks should off back to AFC

My Team
    Oakland Raiders
    Post Count
    Seahawks should off back to AFC
    ship the chargers ass to london and bring the seahawks back to the AFC-W

Garrett TWO games over .500

re-sign him lololol

My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    This defense is pretty concerning. Giving up 27 to a team without its starting QB and WR.

My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    This defense is pretty concerning. Giving up 27 to a team without its starting QB and WR.
    which WR? Jones, Galoaday and Amendola are the starters and they all played.

do you mean halfback? Kerryon Johnson has been out awhile

My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    I'm ok with the defense coasting tbh I'm more concerned with special teams coverage and Zeke looking like he's still in Cabo

My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    which WR? Jones, Galoaday and Amendola are the starters and they all played.

do you mean halfback? Kerryon Johnson has been out awhile
    Yep...meant RB...thinking of Johnson.

My Team
    Carolina Panthers
    Post Count
    Dak and zeke are gonna get cucked in their own market the next decade by luka

Thread Information