Page 22 of 30 FirstFirst ... 12181920212223242526 ... LastLast
    Enemy of the System Millennial_Messiah's Avatar
    My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    Not sure, but I think The Bot tried to emulate the Mike Martz offense from St Louis which was re ed since everybody saw that system get exposed at the end of his tenure with the Rams. They only won the Super Bowl because Vermeil was able to keep him in check by forcing more run plays into the playbook. Once Martz took full control, Warner kept getting killed back there which led to all those injuries. No wonder he went back to the Pro Bowl once he left and went to Arizona.

Speaking of The Bot not knowing his personnel, you could actually argue that his fetish for this type of offense ruined the team during the trio of 8-8 seasons. There were a handful of games (2011 against Detroit and 2013 against Green Bay come to mind) where they would get off to a big lead early by establishing the run only to go full Air Raid in the second half to let the other team back in for no reason whatso ingever. They had to stick to the run in 2014 because it was just too dominant, and they had to keep the defense off the field after the disastrous season they had the year before.

However, none of this compares to the “Garrett gimmicks” that other teams always sniffed out. Lining up the athletic, backup TE (Bennett, Escobar, Gathers) our wide for the goal line fade that never worked. rofl and who can forget about the FB dive with Marion Barber. I think it worked the first time, and then after that every team sniffed it out and would tackle him for a loss

In short, Garrett. This guy has squandered so many potential seasons at his helm and HE'S STILL HERE!
    I wish I could give 5 likes to this post. Quality.

2013, was my freshman semester in college and my first time living in the Dallas metro area (Denton). It was my first time intimately watching all 16 games plus pretty much every game from the rest of the league. The Green Bay game was the worst because we were up 28-3 and the Packers had Matt Flynn not Rodgers at QB, but there were a handful of other games that year that were lost on that same concept. The Detroit road game..... ugh, maybe the most sickening loss ever. Even in week 2 they refused to run the ball against the Chiefs even though Frederick was getting his lunch eaten by Poe in pass protection all game. They had success running in week 4 but didn't stick to it and let Philip Rivers tear them a new asshole. Even in their wins it was a problem.

How did Garrett keep his job after going 8-8 in three straight seasons, tbh? I know he had a solid Year 4 but he shouldn't have been given that chance. Losing to a hapless Green Bay after going up 4 scores should have gotten him fired on the spot. Don't give me Kyle Orton week 17... if Romo didn't bail out Garrett in the very last minute of the previous game @ Redskins, they never would have had a chance.

My Team
    New York Giants
    Post Count
    Not sure, but I think The Bot tried to emulate the Mike Martz offense from St Louis which was re ed since everybody saw that system get exposed at the end of his tenure with the Rams. They only won the Super Bowl because Vermeil was able to keep him in check by forcing more run plays into the playbook. Once Martz took full control, Warner kept getting killed back there which led to all those injuries. No wonder he went back to the Pro Bowl once he left and went to Arizona.

Speaking of The Bot not knowing his personnel, you could actually argue that his fetish for this type of offense ruined the team during the trio of 8-8 seasons. There were a handful of games (2011 against Detroit and 2013 against Green Bay come to mind) where they would get off to a big lead early by establishing the run only to go full Air Raid in the second half to let the other team back in for no reason whatso ingever. They had to stick to the run in 2014 because it was just too dominant, and they had to keep the defense off the field after the disastrous season they had the year before.

However, none of this compares to the “Garrett gimmicks” that other teams always sniffed out. Lining up the athletic, backup TE (Bennett, Escobar, Gathers) our wide for the goal line fade that never worked. rofl and who can forget about the FB dive with Marion Barber. I think it worked the first time, and then after that every team sniffed it out and would tackle him for a loss

In short, Garrett. This guy has squandered so many potential seasons at his helm and HE'S STILL HERE!
    my robotic phallus is getting hard just thinking about what a genius idea that was...gonna go back and look at the tape, grab a fleshlight, and execute in all three phases the act of me masturbating to that creative playcall

My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    October 19, 2019

Garrett is still the head coach

My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    yeah, that year was trash too. but not quite as bad. Romo was a pussy for not playing with a strained pinky finger, tbh. Elite QBs play through that. Brady, Rodgers, and Brees have all played through finger injuries.
    Romo was tough and played through incredible injuries so if he was out it must have been serious.

My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    Romo was tough and played through incredible injuries so if he was out it must have been serious.
    Pinky finger, seriously?

He played through bad backs when he was older, true. Should have played week 17 2013, though.

My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    October 20, 2019

October 20, 2019

October 20,2019 - @ 5:49 Central Time

Garrett STILL head coach!

My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    October 20,2019 - @ 5:49 Central Time

Garrett STILL head coach!
    hopefully not in 4 more hours

Fly Eagles Fly

hopefully not in 4 more hours

Fly Eagles Fly

I would never root against my team - but here is the really ED UP part...

If I did root for a loss - just to see Garrett fired -

the cowboys would lose -

and ing Jerry Jones - STILL WILL NOT FIRE HIM!

So the eagles - gotta hope the boyz surprise themselves and play like super bowl champs
    (then next game out - back to sucking again - .500 team suckiness lol)

My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count

Well ...

jekyll and hyde .500 coached team goes above .500

i guess next game they will suck again and let fans down again...

I cannot grok its fullnes leemajors's Avatar
    My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    Bennett seems like an upgrade over Crawford at basically no cost, hope it works out.

faggy opinion + certainty Mark Celibate's Avatar
    My Team
    San Diego Chargers
    Post Count
    Can any of the resident Pats fans comment on whether or not he has anything left in the tank?

If he can still produce, great otherwise I'm afraid his ooga booga antics will become problematic since The Bot has always been a doormat for these kinds of players

My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    Bennett was actually good last year with the Eagles despite his old age. He had a fairly late start to his career so he might be better longer, ala Grant Hill.

He'll bring the nasty, but will the drama be worth it? Could be a Hardy 2.0 situation. Cowboys had his brother and they're pretty much the same personality. Can't wait for the first time him and Witten get into a punching match in practice.

My Team
    Oakland Raiders
    Post Count
    Bennett was actually good last year with the Eagles despite his old age. He had a fairly late start to his career so he might be better longer, ala Grant Hill.

He'll bring the nasty, but will the drama be worth it? Could be a Hardy 2.0 situation. Cowboys had his brother and they're pretty much the same personality. Can't wait for the first time him and Witten get into a punching match in practice.
    no

My Team
    San Diego Chargers
    Post Count
    I think he's referring to the potential to be a locker room cancer, not actual ability or level of play

My Team
    Oakland Raiders
    Post Count
    I think he's referring to the potential to be a locker room cancer, not actual ability or level of play
    thats the funny part. comparing hardy's locker room issues to bennett is absurd. their on field effectiveness was actually comparable at bennett's peak

My Team
    San Diego Chargers
    Post Count
    thats the funny part. comparing hardy's locker room issues to bennett is absurd. their on field effectiveness was actually comparable at bennett's peak
    yeah it's two different issues. my problem with Bennett is that it seems as if he's unhappy everywhere he's been. his brother already talked Dallas because they didn't play him over Witten

Hardy actually was ok in the locker room in Dallas. the problem was the huge media circus he brought with him especially considering this was around the time the NFL was really zeroing in on domestic violence after him and Ray Rice. Once those pictures were posted, his production plummeted...all the negative backlash eventually got to him

My Team
    New York Giants
    Post Count
    Here at the Dallas Football Cowboys organization we pride ourselves in hiring young men .... AND women ..... with character ....... character.......

With that being said, I am proud to welcome the newest member of the Dallas Football Cowboys to the Dallas Football Cowboys.....character is the reason we brought in Michael Bennett....

Now if you define character by being a three time pro bowler .... then I would say Michael Bennett has character....character....

And if you ask me how character fits in with him and his brother trashing every team they've been with.....my answer to you would be.....

"Hey look we're just focused on the New York Football Giants right now....not gonna get into any of that....we're just taking it day by day.....we're just focused on the New York Football Giants right now....not gonna get into any of that....we're just taking it day by day.....we're just focused on the New York Football Giants right now....not gonna get into any of that....we're just taking it day by day.....we're just focused on the New York Football Giants right now....not gonna get into any of that....we're just taking it day by day.....we're just focused on the New York Football Giants right now....not gonna get into any of that....we're just taking it day by day.....we're just focused on the New York Football Giants right now....not gonna get into any of that....we're just taking it day by day.....we're just focused on the New York Football Giants right now....not gonna get into any of that....we're just taking it day by day.....we're just focused on the New York Football Giants right now....not gonna get into any of that....we're just taking it day by day.....we're just focused on the New York Football Giants right now....not gonna get into any of that....we're just taking it day by day.....we're just focused on the New York Football Giants right now....not gonna get into any of that....we're just taking it day by day.....we're just focused on the New York Football Giants right now....not gonna get into any of that....we're just taking it day by day.....we're just focused on the New York Football Giants right now....not gonna get into any of that....we're just taking it day by day.....we're just focused on the New York Football Giants right now....not gonna get into any of that....we're just taking it day by day.....we're just focused on the New York Football Giants right now....not gonna get into any of that....we're just taking it day by day.....we're just focused on the New York Football Giants right now....not gonna get into any of that....we're just taking it day by day.....we're just focused on the New York Football Giants right now....not gonna get into any of that....we're just taking it day by day.....we're just focused on the New York Football Giants right now....not gonna get into any of that....we're just taking it day by day.....we're just focused on the New York Football Giants right now....not gonna get into any of that....we're just taking it day by day.....we're just focused on the New York Football Giants right now....not gonna get into any of that....we're just taking it day by day.....we're just focused on the New York Football Giants right now....not gonna get into any of that....we're just taking it day by day.....we're just focused on the New York Football Giants right now....not gonna get into any of that....we're just taking it day by day.....we're just focused on the New York Football Giants right now....not gonna get into any of that....we're just taking it day by day.....we're just focused on the New York Football Giants right now....not gonna get into any of that....we're just taking it day by day.....we're just focused on the New York Football Giants right now....not gonna get into any of that....we're just taking it day by day.....we're just focused on the New York Football Giants right now....not gonna get into any of that....we're just taking it day by day.....we're just focused on the New York Football Giants right now....not gonna get into any of that....we're just taking it day by day.....we're just focused on the New York Football Giants right now....not gonna get into any of that....we're just taking it day by day.....we're just focused on the New York Football Giants right now....not gonna get into any of that....we're just taking it day by day.....we're just focused on the New York Football Giants right now....not gonna get into any of that....we're just taking it day by day.....we're just focused on the New York Football Giants right now....not gonna get into any of that....we're just taking it day by day.....we're just focused on the New York Football Giants right now....not gonna get into any of that....we're just taking it day by day.....we're just focused on the New York Football Giants right now....not gonna get into any of that....we're just taking it day by day.....we're just focused on the New York Football Giants right now....not gonna get into any of that....we're just taking it day by day.....we're just focused on the New York Football Giants right now....not gonna get into any of that....we're just taking it day by day.....we're just focused on the New York Football Giants right now....not gonna get into any of that....we're just taking it day by day.....we're just focused on the New York Football Giants right now....not gonna get into any of that....we're just taking it day by day.....we're just focused on the New York Football Giants right now....not gonna get into any of that....we're just taking it day by day.....we're just focused on the New York Football Giants right now....not gonna get into any of that....we're just taking it day by day.....we're just focused on the New York Football Giants right now....not gonna get into any of that....we're just taking it day by day.....we're just focused on the New York Football Giants right now....not gonna get into any of that....we're just taking it day by day.....we're just focused on the New York Football Giants right now....not gonna get into any of that....we're just taking it day by day.....we're just focused on the New York Football Giants right now....not gonna get into any of that....we're just taking it day by day.....we're just focused on the New York Football Giants right now....not gonna get into any of that....we're just taking it day by day.....we're just focused on the New York Football Giants right now....not gonna get into any of that....we're just taking it day by day.....we're just focused on the New York Football Giants right now....not gonna get into any of that....we're just taking it day by day.....we're just focused on the New York Football Giants right now....not gonna get into any of that....we're just taking it day by day.....we're just focused on the New York Football Giants right now....not gonna get into any of that....we're just taking it day by day.....we're just focused on the New York Football Giants right now....not gonna get into any of that....we're just taking it day by day.....we're just focused on the New York Football Giants right now....not gonna get into any of that....we're just taking it day by day.....we're just focused on the New York Football Giants right now....not gonna get into any of that....we're just taking it day by day.....we're just focused on the New York Football Giants right now....not gonna get into any of that....we're just taking it day by day.....we're just focused on the New York Football Giants right now....not gonna get into any of that....we're just taking it day by day.....we're just focused on the New York Football Giants right now....not gonna get into any of that....we're just taking it day by day.....we're just focused on the New York Football Giants right now....not gonna get into any of that....we're just taking it day by day.....we're just focused on the New York Football Giants right now....not gonna get into any of that....we're just taking it day by day.....we're just focused on the New York Football Giants right now....not gonna get into any of that....we're just taking it day by day.....we're just focused on the New York Football Giants right now....not gonna get into any of that....we're just taking it day by day.....we're just focused on the New York Football Giants right now....not gonna get into any of that....we're just taking it day by day.....we're just focused on the New York Football Giants right now....not gonna get into any of that....we're just taking it day by day.....we're just focused on the New York Football Giants right now....not gonna get into any of that....we're just taking it day by day.....we're just focused on the New York Football Giants right now....not gonna get into any of that....we're just taking it day by day.....we're just focused on the New York Football Giants right now....not gonna get into any of that....we're just taking it day by day.....we're just focused on the New York Football Giants right now....not gonna get into any of that....we're just taking it day by day.....we're just focused on the New York Football Giants right now....not gonna get into any of that....we're just taking it day by day.....we're just focused on the New York Football Giants right now....not gonna get into any of that....we're just taking it day by day.....we're just focused on the New York Football Giants right now....not gonna get into any of that....we're just taking it day by day.....we're just focused on the New York Football Giants right now....not gonna get into any of that....we're just taking it day by day.....we're just focused on the New York Football Giants right now....not gonna get into any of that....we're just taking it day by day.....we're just focused on the New York Football Giants right now....not gonna get into any of that....we're just taking it day by day.....we're just focused on the New York Football Giants right now....not gonna get into any of that....we're just taking it day by day.....we're just focused on the New York Football Giants right now....not gonna get into any of that....we're just taking it day by day.....we're just focused on the New York Football Giants right now....not gonna get into any of that....we're just taking it day by day.....we're just focused on the New York Football Giants right now....not gonna get into any of that....we're just taking it day by day.....we're just focused on the New York Football Giants right now....not gonna get into any of that....we're just taking it day by day.....we're just focused on the New York Football Giants right now....not gonna get into any of that....we're just taking it day by day.....we're just focused on the New York Football Giants right now....not gonna get into any of that....we're just taking it day by day.....we're just focused on the New York Football Giants right now....not gonna get into any of that....we're just taking it day by day.....we're just focused on the New York Football Giants right now....not gonna get into any of that....we're just taking it day by day.....we're just focused on the New York Football Giants right now....not gonna get into any of that....we're just taking it day by day.....we're just focused on the New York Football Giants right now....not gonna get into any of that....we're just taking it day by day.....we're just focused on the New York Football Giants right now....not gonna get into any of that....we're just taking it day by day.....we're just focused on the New York Football Giants right now....not gonna get into any of that....we're just taking it day by day.....we're just focused on the New York Football Giants right now....not gonna get into any of that....we're just taking it day by day.....we're just focused on the New York Football Giants right now....not gonna get into any of that....we're just taking it day by day.....we're just focused on the New York Football Giants right now....not gonna get into any of that....we're just taking it day by day.....we're just focused on the New York Football Giants right now....not gonna get into any of that....we're just taking it day by day.....we're just focused on the New York Football Giants right now....not gonna get into any of that....we're just taking it day by day.....we're just focused on the New York Football Giants right now....not gonna get into any of that....we're just taking it day by day.....we're just focused on the New York Football Giants right now....not gonna get into any of that....we're just taking it day by day.....we're just focused on the New York Football Giants right now....not gonna get into any of that....we're just taking it day by day.....we're just focused on the New York Football Giants right now....not gonna get into any of that....we're just taking it day by day.....we're just focused on the New York Football Giants right now....not gonna get into any of that....we're just taking it day by day.....we're just focused on the New York Football Giants right now....not gonna get into any of that....we're just taking it day by day.....we're just focused on the New York Football Giants right now....not gonna get into any of that....we're just taking it day by day.....we're just focused on the New York Football Giants right now....not gonna get into any of that....we're just taking it day by day.....we're just focused on the New York Football Giants right now....not gonna get into any of that....we're just taking it day by day.....we're just focused on the New York Football Giants right now....not gonna get into any of that....we're just taking it day by day.....we're just focused on the New York Football Giants right now....not gonna get into any of that....we're just taking it day by day.....we're just focused on the New York Football Giants right now....not gonna get into any of that....we're just taking it day by day.....we're just focused on the New York Football Giants right now....not gonna get into any of that....we're just taking it day by day.....we're just focused on the New York Football Giants right now....not gonna get into any of that....we're just taking it day by day.....we're just focused on the New York Football Giants right now....not gonna get into any of that....we're just taking it day by day.....we're just focused on the New York Football Giants right now....not gonna get into any of that....we're just taking it day by day.....we're just focused on the New York Football Giants right now....not gonna get into any of that....we're just taking it day by day.....we're just focused on the New York Football Giants right now....not gonna get into any of that....we're just taking it day by day.....we're just focused on the New York Football Giants right now....not gonna get into any of that....we're just taking it day by day.....we're just focused on the New York Football Giants right now....not gonna get into any of that....we're just taking it day by day.....we're just focused on the New York Football Giants right now....not gonna get into any of that....we're just taking it day by day.....we're just focused on the New York Football Giants right now....not gonna get into any of that....we're just taking it day by day.....we're just focused on the New York Football Giants right now....not gonna get into any of that....we're just taking it day by day.....we're just focused on the New York Football Giants right now....not gonna get into any of that....we're just taking it day by day.....we're just focused on the New York Football Giants right now....not gonna get into any of that....we're just taking it day by day.....we're just focused on the New York Football Giants right now....not gonna get into any of that....we're just taking it day by day.....we're just focused on the New York Football Giants right now....not gonna get into any of that....we're just taking it day by day.....we're just focused on the New York Football Giants right now....not gonna get into any of that....we're just taking it day by day.....we're just focused on the New York Football Giants right now....not gonna get into any of that....we're just taking it day by day.....we're just focused on the New York Football Giants right now....not gonna get into any of that....we're just taking it day by day.....we're just focused on the New York Football Giants right now....not gonna get into any of that....we're just taking it day by day.....we're just focused on the New York Football Giants right now....not gonna get into any of that....we're just taking it day by day.....we're just focused on the New York Football Giants right now....not gonna get into any of that....we're just taking it day by day.....we're just focused on the New York Football Giants right now....not gonna get into any of that....we're just taking it day by day.....we're just focused on the New York Football Giants right now....not gonna get into any of that....we're just taking it day by day.....we're just focused on the New York Football Giants right now....not gonna get into any of that....we're just taking it day by day.....we're just focused on the New York Football Giants right now....not gonna get into any of that....we're just taking it day by day.....we're just focused on the New York Football Giants right now....not gonna get into any of that....we're just taking it day by day.....we're just focused on the New York Football Giants right now....not gonna get into any of that....we're just taking it day by day.....we're just focused on the New York Football Giants right now....not gonna get into any of that....we're just taking it day by day.....we're just focused on the New York Football Giants right now....not gonna get into any of that....we're just taking it day by day.....we're just focused on the New York Football Giants right now....not gonna get into any of that....we're just taking it day by day.....we're just focused on the New York Football Giants right now....not gonna get into any of that....we're just taking it day by day.....we're just focused on the New York Football Giants right now....not gonna get into any of that....we're just taking it day by day.....we're just focused on the New York Football Giants right now....not gonna get into any of that....we're just taking it day by day.....we're just focused on the New York Football Giants right now....not gonna get into any of that....we're just taking it day by day.....we're just focused on the New York Football Giants right now....not gonna get into any of that....we're just taking it day by day.....we're just focused on the New York Football Giants right now....not gonna get into any of that....we're just taking it day by day.....we're just focused on the New York Football Giants right now....not gonna get into any of that....we're just taking it day by day.....we're just focused on the New York Football Giants right now....not gonna get into any of that....we're just taking it day by day.....we're just focused on the New York Football Giants right now....not gonna get into any of that....we're just taking it day by day.....we're just focused on the New York Football Giants right now....not gonna get into any of that....we're just taking it day by day.....we're just focused on the New York Football Giants right now....not gonna get into any of that....we're just taking it day by day.....we're just focused on the New York Football Giants right now....not gonna get into any of that....we're just taking it day by day.....we're just focused on the New York Football Giants right now....not gonna get into any of that....we're just taking it day by day.....we're just focused on the New York Football Giants right now....not gonna get into any of that....we're just taking it day by day.....we're just focused on the New York Football Giants right now....not gonna get into any of that....we're just taking it day by day.....we're just focused on the New York Football Giants right now....not gonna get into any of that....we're just taking it day by day.....we're just focused on the New York Football Giants right now....not gonna get into any of that....we're just taking it day by day.....we're just focused on the New York Football Giants right now....not gonna get into any of that....we're just taking it day by day.....we're just focused on the New York Football Giants right now....not gonna get into any of that....we're just taking it day by day.....we're just focused on the New York Football Giants right now....not gonna get into any of that....we're just taking it day by day.....we're just focused on the New York Football Giants right now....not gonna get into any of that....we're just taking it day by day.....we're just focused on the New York Football Giants right now....not gonna get into any of that....we're just taking it day by day.....we're just focused on the New York Football Giants right now....not gonna get into any of that....we're just taking it day by day.....we're just focused on the New York Football Giants right now....not gonna get into any of that....we're just taking it day by day.....we're just focused on the New York Football Giants right now....not gonna get into any of that....we're just taking it day by day.....we're just focused on the New York Football Giants right now....not gonna get into any of that....we're just taking it day by day.....we're just focused on the New York Football Giants right now....not gonna get into any of that....we're just taking it day by

day....."

My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    yeah it's two different issues. my problem with Bennett is that it seems as if he's unhappy everywhere he's been. his brother already talked Dallas because they didn't play him over Witten

Hardy actually was ok in the locker room in Dallas. the problem was the huge media circus he brought with him especially considering this was around the time the NFL was really zeroing in on domestic violence after him and Ray Rice. Once those pictures were posted, his production plummeted...all the negative backlash eventually got to him
    He was ok in the locker room until they went on that long losing streak and he gave a hard, violent shove to the special teams coach at the time (Bissachia) over giving up the game winning kickoff return to the Giants' Dwayne ing Harris of all people.

My Team
    San Diego Chargers
    Post Count
    He was ok in the locker room until they went on that long losing streak and he gave a hard, violent shove to the special teams coach at the time (Bissachia) over giving up the game winning kickoff return to the Giants' Dwayne ing Harris of all people.
    yeah that one was obviously bush league, but i think that was the only incident that i can recall

My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    yeah that one was obviously bush league, but i think that was the only incident that i can recall
    That was one of a handful.

Before the game against the Patriots that year, he said in an interview that he'd come out against Brady "guns blazing" (poor taste after the incident with pushing the girl onto a couch full of loaded guns) and he kept waffling back and forth about whether he even did that in the first place despite the video evidence. And Jerry actually called him a "team leader" at one point, whatever that meant.

My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count

Happy Halloween 2019, mother ers.

My Team
    San Diego Chargers
    Post Count
    That was one of a handful.

Before the game against the Patriots that year, he said in an interview that he'd come out against Brady "guns blazing" (poor taste after the incident with pushing the girl onto a couch full of loaded guns) and he kept waffling back and forth about whether he even did that in the first place despite the video evidence. And Jerry actually called him a "team leader" at one point, whatever that meant.
    I remember that, but that was just a witchunt by the media. i remember the interview, and there's no way he was actually referring to the same incident

My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    I remember that, but that was just a witchunt by the media. i remember the interview, and there's no way he was actually referring to the same incident
    right, he wasn't referring to the incident with Nicole Holder, but it was a very poor choice of words considering that.

Thread Information