My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Verizscam, ATT, Sprint, T-Mobile.

Do any of them really have the "best" coverage?

T-Mobile currently has a killer good deal on a plan, that being the Veterans plan. Unlimited. Starts out at 60 a month for the vet. But check out the per person / or per line cost as you add people:
    1=60
    2=80
    3-90
    4=100 (I don't have a math PHD but that is $25 each).
    No taxes on the vets plan.
    each successive line is only +10 a month all the way up to 10 people. That's $16 a month for those who have 10 trustworthy cooperators. Salesman tells me his family is all military and it's completely legit. Only the account holder has to be Vet. He says the VFW club is all over this, but that is because among their membership, if any has a financial deal go bust they are out of the club.

But, how is T-Mobiles coverage?
    Maybe it's a regional thing so different answers from different users.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Bandwidth saver:
    I'm a multimillionaire Fabbs and board and can spend whatever on a plan. I'm sure you're impressed and i declare e victory. I feel the need to lie about his on ST.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    tbh, I have a few fam with the unlimited $45/mo ($40/mo if autopay enabled on a credit card) AT&T Prepaid plan and it's pretty good. If you go over your data limit, it throttles, but no overcharge. The only caveat is that it doesn't allow wifi calling (for obvious reasons), but things like mobile hotspot works.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The only caveat is that it doesn't allow wifi calling (for obvious reasons), but things like mobile hotspot works.
    Practical application:
    So I'm in Mexico in an area with below average coverage. Will phone work?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

This is Fabbs. I'm trying to call ElNono from Mexico.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Practical application:
    So I'm in Mexico in an area with below average coverage. Will phone work?
    The phone will work, but it'll connect to a Mexican carrier if you have roaming on, and you'll be charged roaming rates (25c/min for Mexico). If you're planning to call a lot from overseas, AT&T offers some international plans (https://www.att.com/shop/wireless/in...t-prepaid.html)

You can always connect to Wifi and use Whatsapp to call you gay boyfriends for free though, tbh...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    When I posted this:
    This is Fabbs. I'm trying to call ElNono from Mexico.
    Your response is not what I had in mind:
    You can always connect to Wifi and use Whatsapp to call you gay boyfriends for free though, tbh...
    But um, thanks.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You can always connect to Wifi and use Whatsapp to call you
    I've got all kinds of chicks sending me requests on WhatsApp. What is the legal age in Mexico? Espcially some of those Guats and El Sals etc. They can be 30 and look like 17.

Ok so we are back to needing that Wifi thing? Or can WhatsApp function without wifi?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I've got all kinds of chicks sending me requests on WhatsApp. What is the legal age in Mexico? Espcially some of those Guats and El Sals etc. They can be 30 and look like 17.

Ok so we are back to needing that Wifi thing? Or can WhatsApp function without wifi?
    You gotta ask Avante about legal age, tbh... Whatsapp works without wifi, but you use mobile data, which costs money.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Whatsapp works without wifi, but you use mobile data, which costs money.
    They get us one way or another, huh?
    That T-Mobile Vet plan is looking like the greed beater. If it delivers proper service.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    tbh, I have a few fam with the unlimited $45/mo ($40/mo if autopay enabled on a credit card) AT&T Prepaid plan and it's pretty good. If you go over your data limit, it throttles, but no overcharge. The only caveat is that it doesn't allow wifi calling (for obvious reasons), but things like mobile hotspot works.
    well i'm dumb dumb

what are the obvious reasons?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    well i'm dumb dumb

what are the obvious reasons?
    Well, with Wifi calling, your phone connects to the carrier network through the internet. You're still billed minutes of air time (unless you have unlimited talk), but as long as you're calling where your plan allows, they count as regular minutes. For example, if you go to Mexico with Fabbs, and you have wifi-calling enabled, even if you don't have an international plan, you can connect to the hotel's wifi, and make or receive calls on your phone just as if you were in the US using your carrier's network, with no roaming charges. So it's pretty convenient, but it kills one avenue of revenue for the carriers.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Well, with Wifi calling, your phone connects to the carrier network through the internet. You're still billed minutes of air time (unless you have unlimited talk), but as long as you're calling where your plan allows, they count as regular minutes. For example, if you go to Mexico with Fabbs, and you have wifi-calling enabled, even if you don't have an international plan, you can connect to the hotel's wifi, and make or receive calls on your phone just as if you were in the US using your carrier's network, with no roaming charges. So it's pretty convenient, but it kills one avenue of revenue for the carriers.
    i feel you. i use wifi calling from home since my area has crap reception

but you described the 45/mo plan as unlimited, so if there's already unlimited calling, why would there be a bar on wifi calling?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I pretty much game the system. I'll have a burner phone set up on a fake account that I connect to the network and use it as a hot spot. And then connect my main phone to that one via wifi.
    And then when I'm done, I'll throw away the burner and never have to pay the data charges.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    i feel you. i use wifi calling from home since my area has crap reception

but you described the 45/mo plan as unlimited, so if there's already unlimited calling, why would there be a bar on wifi calling?
    Because unlimited pre-paid plans normally do not include international calling, which are an extra fee. Wifi calling would enable making and receiving calls while overseas without having to pay extra for the international fee.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Because unlimited pre-paid plans normally do not include international calling, which are an extra fee. Wifi calling would enable making and receiving calls while overseas without having to pay extra for the international fee.
    gotcha

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Thread Information