Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Listening to the Lowe Post. He would give final bench spot to either Jrue Holiday, Tobias Harris, or Danilo Galinari over both Spurs players. Would rather have Pelican’ts or Clippers have two spots over one Spur. Co-host just went along with his crappy logic. Lowe has gotten dumber with each passing year.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Would rather have no Spurs on allstar game too. They look like they can use the rest.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Meh, all star team has been a joke since player fans have been allowed to vote

tv screen baseline bum sananspursfan21's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It’s a popularity contest. Aldridge is the an hesis of what’s sexy in the NBA and DeRozan hasn’t been his high-flying self so no surprise there. Team success plays a major factor too and they’re not nearly as successful as usual.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    all star teams have become a joke ever since spurs player stopped regularly making it

and lol lowe has gotten worse and worse as he praises the spurs less and less

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    all star teams have become a joke ever since spurs player stopped regularly making it

��

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    everyone has the right to an opinion, whatever

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    So Pelicans with a ty record deserve two all stars

My Team
    Milwaukee Bucks
    Post Count
    austin now has a pro sports team wont be long before spurs make the move to the more attractive city............if spurs were in austin they would definitely host the all star game many times...........spurs players would be more popular because of espn loving to come to games in austin

Pronouns: Your/Dad TheGreatYacht's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Not sure why people listen to these nerds talking basketball podcasts.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Would rather have no Spurs on allstar game too. They look like they can use the rest.
    They can all rest after they lose in the first round. This may be the last chance for LMA, he’s getting up there in age. Stupid like All-Star appearances can get you in the Hall of Fame.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Not sure why people listen to these nerds talking basketball podcasts.
    Lowe was decent before but these nerds have become chinooks in a microphone. "Acting way too smart" in reality they've been atrocious the last couple years. So many "advanced" stat now have very littlr context.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I can see Tobias Harris. But Jrue and Galinari are a joke of a pick. Honestly who were his other picks? Bc if he says Draymond then I'm gonna lose it

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Ok, all valid points

but not as Valid as

this team has no LEGIT all-star level player playing at an all-star level as established by the past.

That's why they are barely gonna make the 8th seed if they are lucky

how many teams in the past 40 years who were the last seed were sending all-stars in any era
    Well according to Lowe, he thinks the 12th seed Pelicans should have two.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Still don't see why they don't expand the rosters to 15 considering there hasn't been 12 man rosters in years.

Still, unlikely DDR or LMA are going to make it, compe ion just too stiff.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    So Pelicans with a ty record deserve two all stars
    Good point, tbh. I don't care about the All-Star game but unless the Pelicans get hot, they can't have two All-Stars. If the Clippers have a better record than the Spurs, then I guess one of their players could be argued to be worthy of a spot ahead of DD and LMA ... but I think even that is a longshot. DeRozan has been bad for a while now but he's still having a better season than either Harris or Gallinari ... and Aldridge is having a better season than all three, IMO.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If it would light a fire under their asses and cause them to take the league by storm post ASG,leading to another Spurs WCF appearance,by all means,let them miss the All-star game.

But it's LMA and DDR we're talking about so i don't really see that happening.

Also you people forget that this year's All-star teams will be selected for the first time live on TV.Do our allstars strike you as the dudes that had no issue being picked dead last in teams growing up?

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Pelicans outside of AD dont deserve another all star but unfortunately i agree with Lowe, we dont either. LA sucked the first quarter of the season and Derozan the second. Being in the All star is an individual award not team related.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Why don't they do it like baseball then, 1 player per team.. Fans vote in the remaining players or some crap like that. Pelicans don't deserve two. If west wasn't so tight, I'd say its a stretch to put AD in.

Also think its a joke if Golden state sends 3/4 players to the game. They've not been a dominant team this year. Denver has been a top of the standing most of the season.

Curry and Durant prob voted as starters. Leave it as that. Green and Klay shouldn't go in just cause ...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    DeRozan: 22 ppg, 6.4 apg, 6.2 rpg, 1 spg on 47% shooting.
    Aldridge: 21 ppg, 8.6 rpg, 1.1 bpg, 51% shooting.

Both for a playoffs team.

Holiday: 21 ppg, 8.2 apg, 4.6 rpg, 1.7 spg, 47.5 % shooting for a losing team
    Harris: 21 ppg, 8 rpg, on 50 % shooting for a playoffs team
    Danilo Gallinari: 19.7 ppg, 6 rpg, 46% shooting for a playoffs team

The Clippers and Spurs are pretty similar in terms of record. Having two of them over both Spurs players is just re ed, specially because it can be argued that Aldridge has been a better fornt court player than both Clippers' front court players.

Then, having Holiday over DeRozan as a guard is re ed too. How do you justify having two players from a lottery team over any from a playoffs team? specially when the two players from the playoffs team post better numbers than the second player from that lottery team. Just re ness all around.

Truth be told is that if the Spurs can get their together by the time of deciding the all-star reserves, both DeMar and LaMarcus should be there.

Absolute locks:

Curry
    Harden
    Westbrook
    Lillard
    Lebron
    Durant
    Davis
    Jokic
    George

After that is anyone's game.

One of Aldridge or DeRozan should get in - that's 10
    A Clipper (Harris) should probably make it too - that's 11

The last place should be decided between whoever doesn't go from the Spurs, Mitc or Fox.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    ^Thanks for the stats. Lowe mentioned giving spots to Luka and Gobert over the Spurs players too.

Take the fcking keys away baseline bum's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

also nba has become a product as spurs win less and less

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    ^Thanks for the stats. Lowe mentioned giving spots to Luka and Gobert over the Spurs players too.
    Doncic: 20 ppg, 6.7 rpg, 5 apg on 43% shooting for a lottery team. So, no.

Gobert: 15 ppg, 13 rpg, 2 bpg on 65% shooting.

If you add to that that his biggest contribution comes on the defensive side a case could be made for Gobert. But on that case you take Mitc out. No way the Jazz deserve two spots.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Mitc has been pretty damn bad this season. No way he's an All-Star.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Mitc has been pretty damn bad this season. No way he's an All-Star.
    I agree, but he has those volume scoring stats, which is still somewhat valuable to determine all-stars.

Thread Information