Page 30 of 93 FirstFirst ... 202627282930313233344080 ... LastLast
    My Team
    Charlotte Bobcats
    Post Count
    Exactly. LeBron is a great player, but his influence in the NBA has started to ruin this league. He's the most influential player in this league and guys wanna do what he's been doing, which is to call all the shots. He's never demanded a trade, but he's demanded coaches to be fired, players to be traded so that this and that player could come play with him.
    before him all the power rested in the white billionaire owners, that's supposed to be better? leGOAT has done more for labor empowerment in sports than any player in history...

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    this Lebron League. Its getting old. Feel sorry for New Orleans. They deserve better than this Lebron orchestrated crap.
    It would be awesome if the trade goes down and then Silver vetoes it like the Paul trade. If only NO was still owned by the league.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    before him all the power rested in the white billionaire owners, that's supposed to be better? leGOAT has done more for labor empowerment in sports than any player in history...

Believe that was Oscar Robertson? And I'm supposed to be happy for Lebron's empowerment of the league that negatively impacts the team I support? I honestly don't care about people making millions of dollars to play a game needing to feel empowered against ultra rich individuals. What is that empowerment doing? Its creating a bicostal league again... If thats empowerment, then its not a good thing for the league or the Spurs.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Well now small market teams are farm teams that develop talent and once a player develops, he forces a trade to LA or NY. You might as well relocate all the teams to those two cities.

And it's still a white billionaire league. The owners get paid one way or the other. It's the fans in small markets that get screwed.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You make it seem like the players are making minimum wage working in harsh conditions. Get outta here with that.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    LMA would throw a hissy fit if we added Kyrie to play along with DDR. Not enough touches
    The first thing you do, if you are getting involved in such a talk, is ask DDR if he's willing to try to fill the Manu Ginobili role (taking over the game as 6th man):

1st unit : Irving, White, ?Belinelli?, Bertans/Gay, LMA
    2nd unit: Mills, ?Forbes?, DDR, Gay/Bertans, Poetl

My Team
    Charlotte Bobcats
    Post Count
    Well now small market teams are farm teams that develop talent and once a player develops, he forces a trade to LA or NY. You might as well relocate all the teams to those two cities.

And it's still a white billionaire league. The owners get paid one way or the other. It's the fans in small markets that get screwed.
    new orleans had AD under contract for 7 years they had their chance. why should he be forced to toil? it's not like the white billionaires wont trade their asses in a second if the right deal comes up...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Also, it can't really be empowering to be one of those teammates of Lebron's knowing that he's cheering you on from the sidelines while, behind the scenes, he's working overtime to have you traded so he can have his usual cakewalk to the Finals.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    With that said, good for AD. NO has done next to nothing to put a winning team around him.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You know whats forgotten in this whole owners vs players crap, the fans. We enable all of this. We are seen as the constant in this. Its because all of us that this works. We watch TV that has led to the rich TV contracts. We pay for tickets. We sign off on stadium deals, funding, etc.

Would *love* to orchestrate a "walk out" where fans didn't show up to games on a single day or turned off of sporting games on tv in protest of all this crap. Just to get the attention of everyone else that we should matter more in this small elitist world.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Send his ass to New York ... Lebron will have to wait another season to get him .. sick of Lebron's

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You know whats forgotten in this whole owners vs players crap, the fans. We enable all of this. We are seen as the constant in this. Its because all of us that this works. We watch TV that has led to the rich TV contracts. We pay for tickets. We sign off on stadium deals, funding, etc.

Would *love* to orchestrate a "walk out" where fans didn't show up to games on a single day or turned off of sporting games on tv in protest of all this crap. Just to get the attention of everyone else that we should matter more in this small elitist world.
    The political forum is that way----->

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    With that said, good for AD. NO has done next to nothing to put a winning team around him.
    Plus I think they have been the #1 most injured team since he’s gotten there.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yea this has LA written all over it sadly. With Boston hand-cuffed right now, I really don’t see another team being able to offer more than LA can, even if their young core is overrated as . Brooklyn maaybe, with their abundance of picks and young talent, but doubtful. Lebron is going to get his way one way or the other, me thinks.

Hope the Pels don’t rush it and just wait til the offseason where the C’s can offer the best package.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Can’t, obviously. NOP frontcourt can banish him to Toronto like Pop and RC did with Nephew. Only leverage AD has is if he throws a fit and says he won’t re-sign anywhere but a contender, severely lowering his trade value.
    If he specifies LA, his trade value would be lowered significantly, as of rn Boston has the best assets to offer of any team (contending or otherwise).

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    new orleans had AD under contract for 7 years they had their chance. why should he be forced to toil? it's not like the white billionaires wont trade their asses in a second if the right deal comes up...
    When AD is a free agent, he can go wherever he wants. But when he's under contract, he should not go public and damage his trade value. Again, this is not about rich owners, who will get paid regardless. But if you are a NO fan that is paying $$$ for season tickets in the nose bleeds and they trade AD mid-season for Laker crap, then I think you have a legit gripe. The Spurs fans had the same gripe with Kawhi.

And no, a white billionaire would never trade Davis unless Davis forced his way out. But even if they did, who cares? That's what having guaranteed contracts are all about. If players want more ability to switch teams, give up on guaranteed contracts and then they don't have to worry about being stuck on a team for 7 years and then they also don't have to walk around and in a tone deaf way, act like they are being treated like slaves.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Curt Flood, tbh.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Crazy

DeRozan and/or Aldridge for Davis. I can only wish PATFO had the balls to make such move.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    this Lebron League. Its getting old. Feel sorry for New Orleans. They deserve better than this Lebron orchestrated crap.
    lol wut? eight years of incompetence was not enough? Davis is the only one who deserves more, he did not have Westbrook, peak Ibaka and Harden in his team

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    lol wut? eight years of incompetence was not enough? Davis is the only one who deserves more, he did not have Westbrook, peak Ibaka and Harden in his team
    It begs the question of how good Davis really is. NO didn't have bad talent. Certainly as good as David Robins pre-Duncan. So why can't he consistently get his team into the playoffs and do special things? To be honest, I think the Supermax only hurts teams that could re-sign their superstar. Especially when the superstar can't carry his team to the playoffs.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It begs the question of how good Davis really is. NO didn't have bad talent. Certainly as good as David Robins pre-Duncan. So why can't he consistently get his team into the playoffs and do special things? To be honest, I think the Supermax only hurts teams that could re-sign their superstar. Especially when the superstar can't carry his team to the playoffs.
    maybe he is like Durant, Kawhi, Lebron, Curry or any superstar in the league, unable to win without another star on his team, Durant did not win anything on his own even having a top 3 roster in every season after the Westbrok draft, change the situations of Davis (pelicans) and Durant (Warriors) and today Davis would have two rings and Durant 0

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The timing on this is a little sketchy though, Lebron and Co. must be getting desperate tbh.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The timing on this is a little sketchy though, Lebron and Co. must be getting desperate tbh.
    this is definitely a push from AD/Lebron agency team to pressure the Lakers into making a move for him.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I still don't see why the media is putting the Lakers as frontrunners if a trade goes down. They're players are overrated garbage, they're without Lebron. Why would NO trade for a bunch of overrated scrubs? It's ridiculous.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I like Davis but I can't ignore the lack of success this guy has had as a #1. He's had some ok talent on those rosters so if he was a true generational talent how has this guy managed to only win 1 playoff series in like 7 or 8 years. Plus he's always injured and leads the league at in game trips to the locker room

In reality he is a beta and just the kind of player lebron needs. His health is a big concern though

Thread Information