Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
    My Team
    San Francisco 49ers
    Post Count
    http://bleacherreport.com/nfl-new-an...aign=editorial

This was meant to bring people back and renew interest, but it's having the opposite effect. Public outcry.

My Team
    Oakland Raiders
    Post Count
    NFL cant stop ting on itself tbh... unnecessarily stroking the flame

Banned
    My Team
    San Francisco 49ers
    Post Count
    There are thousands of colleges out there that play football, TONS of Coe, Furman, Tiffen etc. Millions of players over the years and only a tiny fraction make it to the NFL and a roster spot. They should wake up every morning and....thank you Jesus, thank you Lord. Who wouldn't love to play NFL football?

Nobody is cool watching the blessed acting like idiots on a sidelines. Knowing they'd love to be down there and social injustices that they actually brought on themselves. A HUGE % of these black players were raised in one parent homes, stats tell us how that goes.

Kaepernick should have been told the first time he took a knee to cool that silly and if he does it again he is gone. The NFL dropped the ball on this and it cost them.

Social injustices ain't got a damn thing to do with pro football, worry about that on your own time.

NFL cant stop ting on itself tbh... unnecessarily stroking the flame
    What should the NFL do?

My Team
    Oakland Raiders
    Post Count
    What should the NFL do?
    stop stroking the flame. why bring attention back to this issue when nobody had cared about it for months?

Banned
    My Team
    San Francisco 49ers
    Post Count
    What should the NFL do?
    They did do something. They should have done something the second it started. A simple memo to all the teams....anyone taking a knee in any kind of protest will not play so no paycheck.

Once you walk onto the field you enter the work place, we all have rules and regulations at work. Who can take a knee on the job?

This issue will arise again when the season begins.

Actually agree with Avante in that it should have been addressed the moment it began. Hopefully we don’t hear about this anymore.

It’s simple: if you want to be out on the field when the anthem is played be prepared to pay respect. If you ain’t about that life, keep your ass in the locker.

I like it.

Banned
    My Team
    San Francisco 49ers
    Post Count
    This issue will arise again when the season begins.

Actually agree with Avante in that it should have been addressed the moment it began. Hopefully we don’t hear about this anymore.

It’s simple: if you want to be out on the field when the anthem is played be prepared to pay respect. If you ain’t about that life, keep your ass in the locker.

I like it.
    All this.....we aren't disrespecting the anthem......showed us just how damn unaware of what is going on the kneelers were. When everybody else is showing respect and you are into your own personal agenda......what in the is that if not disrespect? You are saying....I'm not joining in, the with that.

All this.....we aren't disrespecting the anthem......showed us just how damn unaware of what is going on the kneelers were. When everybody else is showing respect and you are into your own personal agenda......what in the is that if not disrespect? You are saying....I'm not joining in, the with that.
    I think its disrespectful to kneel. So I like this new rule. If you aren’t going to respect the flag keep your ass in the locker room. What’s worse is in doing so, your teammates are out there standing for the flag in unity, while your “muh rights as a person” ass is away in a locker room creating a form of divisiveness.

Banned
    My Team
    San Francisco 49ers
    Post Count
    I think its disrespectful to kneel. So I like this new rule. If you aren’t going to respect the flag keep your ass in the locker room. What’s worse is in doing so, your teammates are out there standing for the flag in unity, while your “muh rights as a person” ass is away in a locker room creating a form of divisiveness.
    What will happen is the guys hanging in the locker room will realize nobody cares and they are being ignored (over time). The thing was to be seen. Without that they will dump it and be like everyone else........ eventually.

If nobody had talked about it, the TV cameras had stayed off them, it would have went....kaplunk.

Good. I lean left, but I dislike these shallow movements that really have no impact beyond getting praise from the Huffington Post. "Kneeling" and then continuing to play for those owners/organization while you retire to your mansion every night doesn't do a in thing. Just like all those jackass celebrities whining on twitter that they're moving to Canada following Trump's election. Star athletes and celebrities actually have a modi of power to perform protest that can actually matter. If these players are really devoted to social justice, here's an idea: Band together and don't play one in' snap this season. Cost the owners/NFL billions. Deny the NFL fanbase (who I'm sure are majority right-leaning) their proverbial "bread and circuses." But they won't do that because, "they have to feed their families" . Maybe so, but guess what? Protesting isn't supposed to be comfortable and/or easy. Kneeling is easy. Actually doing something that matters isn't.

My Team
    San Francisco 49ers
    Post Count
    Good. I lean left, but I dislike these shallow movements that really have no impact beyond getting praise from the Huffington Post. "Kneeling" and then continuing to play for those owners/organization while you retire to your mansion every night doesn't do a in thing. Just like all those jackass celebrities whining on twitter that they're moving to Canada following Trump's election. Star athletes and celebrities actually have a modi of power to perform protest that can actually matter. If these players are really devoted to social justice, here's an idea: Band together and don't play one in' snap this season. Cost the owners/NFL billions. Deny the NFL fanbase (who I'm sure are majority right-leaning) their proverbial "bread and circuses." But they won't do that because, "they have to feed their families" . Maybe so, but guess what? Protesting isn't supposed to be comfortable and/or easy. Kneeling is easy. Actually doing something that matters isn't.
    This isn't 60s level though as you point out. It's millionaire athletes doing to get publicity

My Team
    Jacksonville Jaguars
    Post Count
    I’m seeing a lot of liberals online attacking people as racists if they don’t agree with the right to kneel at those athletes job.

Well considering that some of these guys don't have their jobs anymore I wouldn't say the gesture is empty. And how is it not more offensive that the NFL only cares because they receive money from the military? This isn't about respecting the flag, it's about protecting a source of income.

My Team
    Oakland Raiders
    Post Count
    I’m seeing a lot of liberals online attacking people as racists if they don’t agree with the right to kneel at those athletes job.
    I'm seeing a lot of conservatives online attacking people as unpatriotic if they agree with the right to kneel at those athletes job.

My Favorite Faded Fantasy The Gemini Method's Avatar
    My Team
    St. Louis Rams
    Post Count
    Leave the anthem to those whom are in the stand sporting Confederate flag shirts and go back to the pre-2009 rules.

Banned
    My Team
    San Francisco 49ers
    Post Count
    All the kneelers really accomplished was to prove that blacks will be a problem. They won't go with what's right, they will do their thing. We see that on the streets. The cops see it.

My Team
    Jacksonville Jaguars
    Post Count
    I'm seeing a lot of conservatives online attacking people as unpatriotic if they agree with the right to kneel at those athletes job.
    Which one is worse?

My Team
    Oakland Raiders
    Post Count
    Which one is worse?
    probably the ones who blew this whole thing up into a bigger deal than it needed to be

realistically, until the kap thing, you never gave a about the players during the anthem. nobody ever paid attention to the anthem. if anything, if the anthem was playing on one game, you would switch channels to another game that kicked off 45 seconds ago. if somebody did kneel (as kaep had done even before this blew up into a news story), you would have never noticed it.

now suddenly we have to act like this is an attack on our troops and country? get the out of here.

My Team
    Oakland Raiders
    Post Count
    do i think kneeling for the anthem is the best way to get the message across? nah. but the people who have blown this up into a national divisive story... with some idiots saying they'll never watch the nfl again because of players kneeling. ing snowflakes

My Team
    Jacksonville Jaguars
    Post Count
    probably the ones who blew this whole thing up into a bigger deal than it needed to be

realistically, until the kap thing, you never gave a about the players during the anthem. nobody ever paid attention to the anthem. if anything, if the anthem was playing on one game, you would switch channels to another game that kicked off 45 seconds ago. if somebody did kneel (as kaep had done even before this blew up into a news story), you would have never noticed it.

now suddenly we have to act like this is an attack on our troops and country? get the out of here.
    Oh does it bother you that people have a different opinion than this one? It’s very easy for people to casually say things like “ no one gave a before” or “if you disagree you’re a racist” Thats ok?

My Team
    Oakland Raiders
    Post Count
    Oh does it bother you that people have a different opinion than this one? It’s very easy for people to casually say things like “ no one gave a before” or “if you disagree you’re a racist” Thats ok?
    doesnt bother me that people have a different opinion.

you literally asked for my opinion on which one is worse. i gave my opinion. now you're upset by it.

but yeah, maybe i'm wrong and for the last 15 years you've been methodically charting the behavior of each NFL player during the national anthem

you're a phony Holden_Caulfield's Avatar
    My Team
    Jacksonville Jaguars
    Post Count
    maybe this rule will make it like the NBA where it was a non issue and we can just enjoy the game.

My Team
    Jacksonville Jaguars
    Post Count
    doesnt bother me that people have a different opinion.

you literally asked for my opinion on which one is worse. i gave my opinion. now you're upset by it.

but yeah, maybe i'm wrong and for the last 15 years you've been methodically charting the behavior of each NFL player during the national anthem
    No im not mad either. We’re having a discussion. But you mentioned that most people don’t give a about the anthem. Every time I go to a sporting event and the anthem is played it seems most people do give a . That includes all races. So I’m confused by that statement and also by the trend online to call someone a racist if you don’t agree with kneeling. To be clear I support the right to kneel. But I don’t agree with people flat out labeling people as racists if they don’t agree with the reason behind kneeling.

My Team
    Oakland Raiders
    Post Count
    No im not mad either. We’re having a discussion. But you mentioned that most people don’t give a about the anthem. Every time I go to a sporting event and the anthem is played it seems most people do give a . That includes all races. So I’m confused by that statement and also by the trend online to call someone a racist if you don’t agree with kneeling. To be clear I support the right to kneel. But I don’t agree with people flat out labeling people as racists if they don’t agree with the reason behind kneeling.
    A) I’m primarily referring to TV audiences
    b) even at the games... yes fans do care about the anthem and stand for it. But do they really go inspecting the actions of players on the field? Definitely not before kaep
    c) don’t thiink i ever mentioned it being racist

Thread Information