Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    hasta la victoria, siempre cheguevara's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Working miracles with this team. Don’t know what your ignorant ass is talking about.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Everyone is. Skip Bayless is on this kick right now that Brady is GOD, and Bill Belichick is only what he is because of Brady. Skip thinks Bill Walsh is the best coach in NFL history. Pretty sure he had some guys named Montana and Rice..

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    OK?!?! Stay in your lane, bro.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Should change his name to stinKING

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Is .... just an 'ok' coach without Hall of Famers?

Fill the blank: Pat Riley, Red Auerbach, Phil Jackson, Jerry Sloan, Larry Brown, Don Nelson...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Pop is the GOAT coach. Obviously at this point, he is way past his prime but his biggest assesst as a coach is player and organizational managment. Hes had a great cast of assistant
    .most notbly coach bud who was more responsible for 2014 from an x and o standpoint but 99% of coaches would hane not pulled it off.

I should say Pop is a better President of Basketbal operation that he is a coach. But again he is way past prime.
    Bud was in Atlanta in 2014, tbh.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    There were people in the past that dared to compare the best coach ever with B.Stevens. If Pop was in charge of the current Celtics roster we wouldn't be having doubts about who's coming out of the East, we have a lot of doubt right now. Pop will get this team to the playoffs with the most inexperienced backcourt ever and backcourt play is everything in today's NBA.
    Last edited by GreekSpursfan; 01-27-2019 at 05:55 PM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Bud was in Atlanta in 2014, tbh.
    Yes but that beautiful game is buds offensive system. You can tell with Mil and Atlanta. He orcehstrated that offense. The spurs played that way before Bud left.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If you look at Pop's ability to sustain a winning culture over an extended period of time, there's nobody better. A small market basketball team from south Texas has been one of the most dominant teams in pro sports for almost a quarter of a century. I'm not sure any coach other than Pop could have built this team, with these players, kept so many stars here for so long, built a tradition of team first, unselfish basketball that was 100% necessary to keep any team relevant, but especially a team without the resources or attractions of a larger market. People take shots at the current roster for its holes, but if you look at the fact that the Spurs have drafted at the end of the first round, or not in the first round at all, and don't have the ability to attract top tier free agents when compared to the likes of LA, it's truly remarkable.

I've complained at some of Pop's in-game coaching decisions from time to time, and as a Monday morning quarterback you can always go back and criticize some of those in-game coaching choices, but if you assess the overall body of work, there's nobody better than Pop, especially for San Antonio. David Robinson was a blessing for this, TD is the GOAT, but Pop's a big part of why the Spurs are the franchise they are.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If you look at Pop's ability to sustain a winning culture over an extended period of time, there's nobody better. A small market basketball team from south Texas has been one of the most dominant teams in pro sports for almost a quarter of a century. I'm not sure any coach other than Pop could have built this team, with these players, kept so many stars here for so long, built a tradition of team first, unselfish basketball that was 100% necessary to keep any team relevant, but especially a team without the resources or attractions of a larger market. People take shots at the current roster for its holes, but if you look at the fact that the Spurs have drafted at the end of the first round, or not in the first round at all, and don't have the ability to attract top tier free agents when compared to the likes of LA, it's truly remarkable.

I've complained at some of Pop's in-game coaching decisions from time to time, and as a Monday morning quarterback you can always go back and criticize some of those in-game coaching choices, but if you assess the overall body of work, there's nobody better than Pop, especially for San Antonio. David Robinson was a blessing for this, TD is the GOAT, but Pop's a big part of why the Spurs are the franchise they are.
    I endorse every word.

I still remember how much I disliked Popovich on his first seasons in San Antonio. I didn't like him until 2005 or so so. I was young and didn't know basketball. Now I still don't know basketball but at least I have acquired some life experience. IMO, he's one of the best coaches ever.

Sure I disagree with him sometimes, so I think of his career and accomplishments, I realize I don't have the information he has, nor his knowledge or experience, I shrug my shoulders and I think that he knows what he's doing. And time proves he was right most of the times no matter what he tries.

Respect the old man, he's a ing legend.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    There were people in the past that dared to compare the best coach ever with B.Stevens. If Pop was in charge of the current Celtics roster we wouldn't be having doubts about who's coming out of the East, we have a lot of doubt right now. Pop will get this team to the playoffs with the most inexperienced backcourt ever and backcourt play is everything in today's NBA.
    Exactly. Give Boston's current roster to Pop, in the East, and they'd be far and away the best team out there. If you take that same approach, team by team, you could argue that most would be performing better with Pop at the helm. GSW doesn't really need a coach, more of an ego management consultant, and the Lakers are coached by Lebron. Beyond those two, and perhaps Milwaukee who is playing extremely well, one could argue that the rest of the league would run better under Pop.

Veteran
    My Team
    Atlanta Hawks
    Post Count
    Phil > Pop... 3 different 3 peats and a back2back
    Last edited by JohnnyMax; 01-29-2019 at 03:20 PM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Phil Jackson is the GOAT. 3 different 3 peats and a back2back.
    Doesn't develop young players.
    Runs only one offense, and actually had Tex Winter on staff to run it for him.
    Retired when Winters got too old to coach and travel.
    Each team that he went to had already been to a conference finals before he got there.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

+1

Thread Information