screw him, is he even in America? I haven't seen him in a Spurs jersey yet

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    screw him, is he even in America? I haven't seen him in a Spurs jersey yet

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Best PF/C at the 2018 summer league,working all year long with Giannis and Bud,can't find minutes cause of Giannis/Lopez/Mirotic/Ilyasova/Wilson/Gasol () frontline rotation in the #1 seed in the league,dominating the G-League,waived cause of guard injuries.23 years old.

Labelled a scrub in consideration for a team that has Aldridge/Poodle/Eubanks (?)/Metu (?).Still no idea where Motiejunas is.

Smh tbh imho
    I wondered why we didn't give him a chance, although I admit I have not seen as much of him as you. Was there an off-court question about him during his college career? It was most peculiar that he went undrafted in the first place.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Wood was claimed off waivers and I could be wrong but I believe the Pelicans had the higher place on the waiver wire, so even if the Spurs wanted Wood they would have lost out unless my memory is wrong

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I wondered why we didn't give him a chance, although I admit I have not seen as much of him as you. Was there an off-court question about him during his college career? It was most peculiar that he went undrafted in the first place.
    No idea,although it was quite odd,cause he was projected 25-35.
    If i had to take a guess i'd say that he was considered too "small" to dominate inside as a C and lacking an outside game to be a stretch PF.
    But imho the problem with him was that he was never developed as a player and worked on his game with the proper staff.I think he was in Philly during the tanking years.

Wood was claimed off waivers and I could be wrong but I believe the Pelicans had the higher place on the waiver wire, so even if the Spurs wanted Wood they would have lost out unless my memory is wrong
    He was indeed claimed in waivers,i have no idea what the clear waivers order was.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Wood isn't eligible for the playoffs. He was waived too late. DMo is. Clear?

Oh, Gusty, while we're telling people how to post, don't attribute positions to me that I don't hold. I've never gushed over Lonnie's g-league performances. He did look better, later, but he's been overall meh. White, and even Kyle Anderson were much better g-league players. It doesn't really matter. g-league means . Kyle was a veritable god down there, and couldn't put up even half the numbers in the NBA that he did down there. Wood hasn't shown in the NBA yet, other than a couple of outlier games like Cabolco did.
    Last edited by exstatic; 03-29-2019 at 10:04 AM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    So,he's not a scrub?

Spurs fan in Las Vegas Drom John's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The waiver order is by worst winning percentage at time of waiver.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    So,he's not a scrub?
    Not in the g-league, but yes, in the NBA, he's still a scrub.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Oh, Gusty, while we're telling people how to post, don't attribute positions to me that I don't hold. I've never gushed over Lonnie's g-league performances. He did look better, later, but he's been overall meh. White, and even Kyle Anderson were much better g-league players. It doesn't really matter. g-league means . Kyle was a veritable god down there, and couldn't put up even half the numbers in the NBA that he did down there. Wood hasn't shown in the NBA yet, other than a couple of outlier games like Cabolco did.
    Thank god for Austin. LW IV seems to have his mojo back, and he never would have played enough in SA for that to happen.

Oh, and I don’t give a flying if Austin ever wins. Their purpose is to instill fundamentals in young players like Lonnie. He needs a crossover. He needs a rocker step move. He needs to learn to post up smaller players. He needs to learn both team and individual defense. That’s why farm teams exist: so any mistakes and growing pains are inconsequential.
    Moore won't change that. He's a d-leaguer with potential, but would immediately be the 15th man on the roster if he were signed.
    He'll turn 24 at the end of May. If they get him into camp next year, I think he has a good shot. He has the one thing you can't teach: an understanding of the game. Larry Brown said he just always knew the right play to make. I think he can transition to the wing with a lot of hard work.
    G-league means for any other team apart from Austin cause i think you might be following them more than you follow the Spurs.The Austin Toros thread is like your playground.

The issue is,when other posters mention a player/prospect/talent that plays somewhere else you take a surprisingly hostile at ude towards that mention.

Here's the thing.I don't think Eubanks,Metu,Motiejunas or Wood would get minutes in the playoffs. i don't know if we'll make it out of the first round,how on earth will they get minutes.
    In a Popovich team,in the playoffs,were rotations tighten,and you play 8 man rotation? Nah,he's not trusting anybody in 2-3 weeks.

But we are in a seeding battle and we will be till the season ends.A seeding battle that will most likely determine if we have a chance in the first round.

My take was,Wood,will help.The team.Right now.Your take was "He's a scrub.Caboclo is also a scrub"

I think i've established he's not a scrub.I think we've also established that playoffs or not,he's playing for his career,for a contract next year and he will do anything to get it till the season ends.

So,we've established you posted an uneducated,bad take.And then you moved the goal posts.It's okay to take an L,now and then.Also it's okay to recognize talent in players/prospects in other teams.The sky will not fall on our heads if we do.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Not in the g-league, but yes, in the NBA, he's still a scrub.
    If he was posting 29 and 14 for Austin i very much doubt you'd call him a scrub.

It's okay tho.We agree to disagree.And time will tell who was right.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If he was posting 29 and 14 for Austin i very much doubt you'd call him a scrub.

It's okay tho.We agree to disagree.And time will tell who was right.
    Not only is he a scrub, he's an unavailable scrub that we don't have a roster spot for...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Thread Information