Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Pronouns: Your/Dad TheGreatYacht's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I've got some bad news for you.
    He said principle players. Sorry that the principle players on the roster now are hard to root for career losers. That's Buford's fault and only his.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It's weird that you even call yourself a fan of the Spurs... you hate the coach, the GM, and most of the principle players. Why are you a fan of the Spurs?
    Don't mind him. He's just a dumb that likes to troll on here. He doesn't really watch the games, just likes to study the box scores and google analytics.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Don't mind him. He's just a dumb that likes to troll on here. He doesn't really watch the games, just likes to study the box scores and google analytics.
    I'm in more game threads than you, Popsucker. I'm not the one filling the front page with "DeRozan has to go", "Aldridge isn't a winning formula", "White is a better fit than Murray" threads. Those are the other people that know this team sucks.

Sorry other people have opinions that agree with me more than with your ball massager ass.

RC blows and so does your mother.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'm in more game threads than you, Popsucker. I'm not the one filling the front page with "DeRozan has to go", "Aldridge isn't a winning formula", "White is a better fit than Murray" threads. Those are the other people that know this team sucks.

Sorry other people have opinions that agree with me more than with your ball massager ass.

RC blows and so does your mother.
    Its okay to admit you don't know a lot about basketball. I'm sure a lot of people on here will help you. But pretending to know makes you look like a dumbass.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    No, he doesn't have it. He's a lazy conservative that got carried by Duncan and Parker.

He would've drafted Valenciunas with the Pacers pick if he was still on the board. That's just a fact. Kawhi just happened to be the best wing defender available and got lucky that the kid had an insane hunger to be a star.

- Murray is alright. We still don't know what he is going on to his 4th season.
    - White is a stud but that draft had an insane amount of late talent. Kuzma, White, Hart, Bell, Ojeleye, T. Bryant, Dotson, D. Brooks, Monte Morris (who is as good as White)
    - Walker was injury prone in college and still is. Hasn't proved anything at all.

As for the other scrubs he drafted in the first round in recent years... Fathead, Milutinov, Jean-Charles, Oseph, James Anderson. All of them are what they are. Scrubs.

Won't even get started about his performance in free agency or trading...
    Please link us to all the threads where pre-draft you advocated drafting all the late round sleepers over the years.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Please link us to all the threads where pre-draft you advocated drafting all the late round sleepers over the years.
    Not sure if I did any pre draft boards other than in 2017. Don't watch college basketball, since it's not my job to scout these guys. Cant remember if I did other years other than that one and don't feel like searching now that the SB is starting.

Trade up for John Collins at all costs
    Great take from myself as per usual. Collins is a 20 & 10 guy in only his second year.

There's a handful of nice prospects likely to be available in the second round. I hope the Spurs buy themselves a couple of 2nd rnd picks since we're going to need cheap contracts with CP3 coming...

My Top 5 2nd rnd targets:

1. Johnathan Motley (6'9, PF/C, Baylor, 22.1yo)

2016-2017 stats
    17.3ppg, 9.9rpg, 2.3apg, 0.4spg, 1.1bpg, 52.2FG%, 28.1 3P%, 26.7PER, .208 WS/48, 9.9BPM

2. Dillon Brooks (6'7, SF, Oregon, 21.4yo)

2016-2017 stats
    16.1ppg, 3.2rpg, 2.7apg, 1.1spg, 0.5bpg, 48.8FG%, 40.1 3P%, 25.6PER, .214 WS/48, 8.6BPM

3. Frank Mason III (5'11, PG, Kansas, 23.2yo)

2016-2017 stats
    20.9ppg, 4.2rpg, 5.2apg, 1.3spg, 0.1bpg, 49.0FG%, 47.1 3P%, 25.5PER, .230 WS/48, 10.7BPM

4. Derrick White (6'5, PG, Colorado, 23yo)

2016-2017 stats
    18.1ppg, 4.1rpg, 4.4apg, 1.2spg, 1.4bpg, 50.7FG%, 39.6 3P%, 27.3PER, .211 WS/48, 11.8BPM

5. Sindarius Thornwell (6'5, SG, South Carolina, 22.8yo)

2016-2017 stats
    21.4ppg, 7.2rpg, 2.8apg, 2.1spg, 1.0bpg, 44.5FG%, 39.5 3P%, 30.3PER, .274 WS/48, 16.2BPM
    I wanted us to buy an early 2nd round pick, which the Warriors beat us to. White was on my board to take in the early 30's. I still believe Motley has Harrell-type potential, so I don't regret listing him above White. Dillon Brooks is a nice scoring option to have off the bench, which we needed over Fathead who I've always hated. Frank Mason is an unknown at this point being a third string PG, which would've been the same problem White would have had if Murray was healthy. Thornwell sucks though.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Russell was traded for two guys, Ed McCauley and Cliff Hagan, who eventually got into the HOF. Not exactly theft.

Bird at 6 wasn’t exactly a stroke of genius, either. Back then, before 1 and done, any of the top 10 picks were likely to be All NBA or better. Draft picks were a more finished product. Show me anything remotely like HOFs Parker and Manu.
    Two guys who are top 20 all time, each of them has a part in the GOAT conversation, taken without a number 1 pick... The only player we've ever drafted who's part of that conversation is Duncan, and we took him with first overall...

There are some BIG fish in the "who is the best drafter of all time" pool!

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    What principle players do I hate? I'm a fan of Parker, Duncan, and Kawhi. Any others that are considered "most"? PATFO fluffer?

I meant principle players that are actually on the team now.

Make a trade steal
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    No, he doesn't have it. He's a lazy conservative that got carried by Duncan and Parker.

He would've drafted Valenciunas with the Pacers pick if he was still on the board. That's just a fact. Kawhi just happened to be the best wing defender available and got lucky that the kid had an insane hunger to be a star.

- Murray is alright. We still don't know what he is going on to his 4th season.
    - White is a stud but that draft had an insane amount of late talent. Kuzma, White, Hart, Bell, Ojeleye, T. Bryant, Dotson, D. Brooks, Monte Morris (who is as good as White)
    - Walker was injury prone in college and still is. Hasn't proved anything at all.

As for the other scrubs he drafted in the first round in recent years... Fathead, Milutinov, Jean-Charles, Oseph, James Anderson. All of them are what they are. Scrubs.

Won't even get started about his performance in free agency or trading...
    Agree way over rated, Duncan has carried this franchise. There were no les before Duncan and there won't be any after. There will never be another le ever in San Antonio now without Duncan. The Spurs will probably move before they ever get close to another le.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    One of the best GM's to ever do it. Him and Pop should both have a banner raised in the rafters when they retire

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Of course we still wanna see how far this 2019 Playoffs can go.
    But it's now established White is real deal in playoffs as well as reg season.

Winner. Great pick RC.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Very happy with White, Walker, and Murray hopefully they can hit dirt with our two first rounders.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    We still need wings. Between White/Murray/Walker/Forbes we have enough backcourt talent. aldridge is still playing at a high level and is under contract for 2 more seasons, and poodle looks like a good center going forward. one of eubanks/milutinov should be able to make the roster next year.

derozan is here fore the time being... and i do like bertans as a backup. but we lack a legit defender at those positions. thats gotta be the focus of this offseason/draft

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Agree, great young pool of players to further develop, but also to potentially package down the road once some tough salary choices need to be made.

Much is said about Boston having the best pool of “young assets” namely Tatum and Brown. But Between Browns (and less extent Tatums) down year, Whites emergence, and the promise of Murray, I think the Spurs give them a run for their money. I’d say Forbes, Bert, Yak, and Lonnie are at least as good (if not better) than there next traunch of young players.

Sure, Boston has 3 firsts in this draft, but (a) it’s a down draft according to the pundit class, (b) they’re not Lotto caliber picks, and (c) their war chest of picks dried up after this year. Oh, and the Spurs have two in the same draft...

Thread Information