Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    adolis is altuve’s father monosylab1k's Avatar
    My Team
    New England Patriots
    Post Count
    6 rings, 10 wins.

Honestly tho, losing Big Brian Flores will kill the defense. Whoever comes in to coach the D will probably run the cuckball “bend don’t break” “never blitz” “always play it safe” brand of ty defense that Bill tends to sign off on. Flores is going to be a fantastic coach in Miami, and they’ll do better next season without Tnnehill.

Also Brady is going to suck next season for sure.

And I don’t even care, CUZ WE GOT SIX, ES.

My Team
    Detroit Lions
    Post Count
    never too soon for a nice anti jinx

If pats can manage another bye week anything is possible

My Team
    New England Patriots
    Post Count
    I think it'll depend on how many of the Pats free agents get overpaid by another team this offseason. Trenton Brown is definitely a goner but they have a replacement for him waiting in the wings, I'm hoping Tre Flowers doesn't get massively overpaid.

Board Man Comes Home Clipper Nation's Avatar
    Post Count
    Meanwhile in reality, the Patriots will cakewalk to another easy ring against a weak AFC and the latest NFC fraud.

My Team
    New England Patriots
    Post Count
    Really don't expect anything next season, Tbh. Brady gets older, defense isn't going to be as good and some teams will be pretty damn hard to beat if they improve like kc.

My Team
    New England Patriots
    Post Count
    Meanwhile in reality, the Patriots will cakewalk to another easy ring against a weak AFC and the latest NFC fraud.
    I think injuries do them in. They had next to no injuries to deal with this year (unless you want to count Gordon's suspension) and that rarely happens two seasons in a row.

If they don't have significant injuries then I don't see how they don't at the very least win their ty division. The O-line stays intact sans Trent Brown so they can lean more on the run game, the secondary will still be elite unless Devin McCourty retires, and as good as Brian Flores was this year Belichick is still the brains behind the defense.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Francisco 49ers
    Post Count
    They feel like a lock to win the division, so the question is can they get a 1st round bye again.

Other than the Chiefs, who I think will be a top 2 AFC team again next year, what team is creeping up on the Patriots in the AFC even?

My Team
    New England Patriots
    Post Count
    They feel like a lock to win the division, so the question is can they get a 1st round bye again.

Other than the Chiefs, who I think will be a top 2 AFC team again next year, what team is creeping up on the Patriots in the AFC even?
    Watch out for Miami. They’ve got a lot of talent, but been held back by bad coaches and quarterbacks. They got the coach part fixed, and it can’t be that hard to upgrade from Tannehill.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Francisco 49ers
    Post Count
    Looking at their schedule next year, it seems like their toughest games are at home (KC, Pitt, Cleveland)... they play @PHI/@WAS/vDAL/vNYG and v PITT/@ BAL/@ CIN/v CLE, 6 division games, and @ Houston/v KC

My Team
    New England Patriots
    Post Count

Colts are the big wildcard that will have a pretty binary outcome imo. I could see them taking the next step if they have another great offseason adding players in the trenches but there's also the chance that drunk ass Jim Irsay starts meddling and wanting them to blow their cap space/draft p on overrated skill position players like Leveon Bell.

I see the Texans and Chargers having letdown seasons next year. Similar to what happened to the Bengals after constantly making the playoffs and losing, I think it's psychologically hard to go out and perform in the regular season knowing your chances of playoff success are so low.

Board Man Comes Home Clipper Nation's Avatar
    Post Count

Even the Chiefs still aren't a threat. They're still a Reid-coached team, and they managed to replace Sutton with an even worse DC. The AFC has nothing, absolutely nothing, to compete with the Patriots.

My Team
    New England Patriots
    Post Count
    Watch out for Miami. They’ve got a lot of talent, but been held back by bad coaches and quarterbacks. They got the coach part fixed, and it can’t be that hard to upgrade from Tannehill.
    Are you really that convinced Flores will be a good head coach? The track record for Belichick assistants is ty and I don't see why Flores will buck that trend, at least not in his first year.

Their record was also really fluky, they were one of the worst teams in the NFL statistically but did randomly well in 1 possession games (they lost 8 games by 10 or more points and went 7-1 in games decided by one possession or less, there wasn't one game they won by more than 1 possession ).

I'm more scared of the Bills. Josh Allen definitely has potential and they finished the season pretty well.

My Team
    New England Patriots
    Post Count
    Are you really that convinced Flores will be a good head coach? The track record for Belichick assistants is ty and I don't see why Flores will buck that trend, at least not in his first year.

Their record was also really fluky, they were one of the worst teams in the NFL statistically but did randomly well in 1 possession games (they lost 8 games by 10 or more points and went 7-1 in games decided by one possession or less, there wasn't one game they won by more than 1 possession ).

I'm more scared of the Bills. Josh Allen definitely has potential and they finished the season pretty well.
    I’ve liked Flores for a long time, just from the random interviews where he always sounded way smarter than Matt Patricia. And while Bill is getting the credit, Flores was still the playcaller for the greatest defensive performance in Super Bowl history. Doesn’t guarantee that he’ll succeed as a head coach, but I think the fact that he convinced Bill to stop playing defensive cuckball shows he’s not the usual Belichick lackey, and he’s got the confidence and football IQ to be a good head coach.

My Team
    Oakland Raiders
    Post Count
    how are the dolphins going to improve from tannehill though? flacco/foles? not even sure those would b upgrades. and even if they go draft one, are they going to be an improvement day 1, or the more typical "shows flashes but actually sucks 80% of the time"

Post Count
    how are the dolphins going to improve from tannehill though? flacco/foles? not even sure those would b upgrades. and even if they go draft one, are they going to be an improvement day 1, or the more typical "shows flashes but actually sucks 80% of the time"
    Dolphins are supposed to be tanking next year supposedly:

https://sports.yahoo.com/report-dolp...053122204.html

Enemy of the System Millennial_Messiah's Avatar
    My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    I don't see a threat in the AFC East, unless the Dolphins get BDN as their quarterback. Yes the Jets and Bills have decent young QBs, but the rest of their rosters still stink badly. Miami's roster isn't bad. They have a lot of nice young parts on defense. They just need a competent HC and QB to compete.

Looking at their schedule next year, it seems like their toughest games are at home (KC, Pitt, Cleveland)... they play @PHI/@WAS/vDAL/vNYG and v PITT/@ BAL/@ CIN/v CLE, 6 division games, and @ Houston/v KC
    Stoolers, really? If the Bungles weren't in that division I'd say the Steelers would be last place. They're losing their 2 best players and they already weren't a playoff team WITH the best receiver in football on the team. Their QB is an aging carcass with a very inconsistent arm and without that firepower, they're significantly worse than the 2012-2013 era Steelers (or last year). Steelers are a 5-6 win team next year.

Browns are winning the AFC North next year.

Not sure the Pats can get past KC again since Mahomes has more experience now. Pats will likely lose a few in the regular season like this past year, they won't get 1st place but as long as they have Belichick and Brady they'll have a chance.

My Team
    Oakland Raiders
    Post Count
    Dolphins are supposed to be tanking next year supposedly:

https://sports.yahoo.com/report-dolp...053122204.html
    yeah which would defeat the notion that they might challenge the pats in any way

Post Count
    yeah which would defeat the notion that they might challenge the pats in any way
    Yeah, I was reinforcing your point dodo

My Team
    Oakland Raiders
    Post Count
    Yeah, I was reinforcing your point dodo
    GFY

My Team
    New England Patriots
    Post Count
    Dolphins further made an announcement today more or less admitting they have a 2-3 year rebuild ahead of them.

They might be the worst team in the AFCE next year.

My Team
    New England Patriots
    Post Count
    Tannehill is awful. Foles is a definite upgrade, and Flacco at least a minor one.

Also, upper management can talk about tanking, but if the coach is too good, they’ll reverse course pretty quick. See the Celtics and Brad Stevens.

My Team
    New England Patriots
    Post Count
    It’s also really stupid to tank while pinning all your hopes on getting one guy in the draft (in the NFL at least). That’s one of the worst ways to build a team. No way Flores would jump on board if ownership was really that stupid.

36/7/7
    My Team
    Baltimore Ravens
    Post Count
    Matt Patricia is the reason Brady doesn't have 7 or 8 right now

My Team
    New England Patriots
    Post Count
    Matt Patricia is the reason Brady doesn't have 7 or 8 right now
    Patricia & McDaniels both tbh, they both have had horrific gameplans that lost Brady some rings.

Enemy of the System Millennial_Messiah's Avatar
    My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    Dolphins further made an announcement today more or less admitting they have a 2-3 year rebuild ahead of them.

They might be the worst team in the AFCE next year.
    they might go 1-15 like in 2007

....with the one win being at home vs. patriots, of course

Thread Information