Page 4 of 15 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast
    My Team
    New England Patriots
    Post Count
    seems like once again the league is doing its best to make the pats look smarter

My Team
    New England Patriots
    Post Count
    seems like once again the league is doing its best to make the pats look smarter
    It’s not a very good free agency class and there’s a fuck load of cap room, this was bound to happen.

im not saying he's going to be a star... but they're going about it the right way. it's why they're always competitive. they rarely overpay and have backup plans in place. teams that are not only lacking a plan A but dont have backups in the wing are the ones who need to spend 16 million on the Trent Browns of the world
    I would not have given him the contract either but he could play like he did last year and it would be a decent deal. meanwhile the achilles guy could be a scrub and this would be a disaster. Maybe they can get some veteran for depth who could surprise them like Brown did. Maybe that Penn guy you were talking about could be signed by the Pats and have a resurgence.

Believe.
    Post Count
    Everytime I see Carlos Hyde play he impresses me, as he moves from team to team.......hmmmm?

Believe.
    Post Count
    Nick Foles 4 seasons 88 mill, Jags.

Wentz will go down in week 6-9 and the Eagles will be sorry they let Foles go.

My Team
    New England Patriots
    Post Count
    I would not have given him the contract either but he could play like he did last year and it would be a decent deal. meanwhile the achilles guy could be a scrub and this would be a disaster. Maybe they can get some veteran for depth who could surprise them like Brown did. Maybe that Penn guy you were talking about could be signed by the Pats and have a resurgence.
    It wouldn’t be an awful deal if he duplicated last year but he’d still be overpaid. He was a good run blocker and an average pass blocker (especially against quicker pass rushers) and elite left tackles are generally getting paid for their pass blocking. IOW he was good but didn’t play well enough to warrant being the highest paid lineman in the NFL.

It's Money Making Season Millennial_Messiah's Avatar
    My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    It wouldn’t be an awful deal if he duplicated last year but he’d still be overpaid. He was a good run blocker and an average pass blocker (especially against quicker pass rushers) and elite left tackles are generally getting paid for their pass blocking. IOW he was good but didn’t play well enough to warrant being the highest paid lineman in the NFL.
    Agreed. With that huge frame though he was elite in run blocking, especially in power man blocking with Sony Michel.

The Pats o'line is going to be cooked soon enough when Thuney and Andrews (the heart and soul of that line) are up and due 10m+ each, Pats won't pay that much for those positions but someone will and the Pats will sorely regret losing them.

2019 Goals:

-$125,000 or Greater W2 Income
    -Move out of Texas
    -Gain at least 10 pounds of muscle and weigh >135
    -Find a new serious girl
    -Don't die

#LifeLongLibertarian
    #PulloutRockstar

My Team
    New England Patriots
    Post Count
    Agreed. With that huge frame though he was elite in run blocking, especially in power man blocking with Sony Michel.

The Pats o'line is going to be cooked soon enough when Thuney and Andrews (the heart and soul of that line) are up and due 10m+ each, Pats won't pay that much for those positions but someone will and the Pats will sorely regret losing them.
    Mason is better than Thuney (Mason is the best guard no one talks about because of one missed block that came at the worst possible time, but he’s top 5 according to PFF), however agreed that Andrews is the most important player on the line. Mason is already signed long term and my guess is Andrews also signs long term while Thuney gets a huge deal somewhere else. If they lost Andrews they’d be in trouble with or without Thuney, which is why I think they keep him. Belichick is obviously willing to let players leave in free agency but he’s got a great sense for knowing when to stop the bleeding (ie, after the 2009 season when it looked like the Pats were ready to fall off a cliff, he ponied up the money Wilfork’s fat wife was asking for because it wasn’t a situation where they could afford to lose him).

Worst case scenario with Wynn is that if he doesn’t work at left tackle they move him inside when Thuney hits free agency a year from now, he might not have the length/size needed for a tackle but he could definitely play inside.

Belichick is also extremely overrated when it comes to drafting most positions (particularly receivers, pass rushers, corners or anyone who Urban Meyer recommends), but one thing he’s been able to do is find good interior o-line talent in the middle rounds.

My Team
    Oakland Raiders
    Post Count
    Mason is better than Thuney (Mason is the best guard no one talks about because of one missed block that came at the worst possible time, but he’s top 5 according to PFF), however agreed that Andrews is the most important player on the line. Mason is already signed long term and my guess is Andrews also signs long term while Thuney gets a huge deal somewhere else. If they lost Andrews they’d be in trouble with or without Thuney, which is why I think they keep him. Belichick is obviously willing to let players leave in free agency but he’s got a great sense for knowing when to stop the bleeding (ie, after the 2009 season when it looked like the Pats were ready to fall off a cliff, he ponied up the money Wilfork’s fat wife was asking for because it wasn’t a situation where they could afford to lose him).

Worst case scenario with Wynn is that if he doesn’t work at left tackle they move him inside when Thuney hits free agency a year from now, he might not have the length/size needed for a tackle but he could definitely play inside.

Belichick is also extremely overrated when it comes to drafting most positions (particularly receivers, pass rushers, corners or anyone who Urban Meyer recommends), but one thing he’s been able to do is find good interior o-line talent in the middle rounds.
    he found louis murphy 2.0 tbh

We've got a job to do. Darth_Pelican's Avatar
    My Team
    New Orleans Saints
    Post Count
    Saints just signed Latavius Murray which means Mark Ingram won't be a Saint next year.

My Team
    New England Patriots
    Post Count
    he found louis murphy 2.0 tbh
    Him and Chad Jackson (way worse) were the two whiffs that came to mind at WR.

Still nothing to compared to how many whiffs he's had at corner or with pass rushers though.

My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    Bills got two mediocre slot receivers in John Brown and Cole Beasley for about $8 million/year apiece.

My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    Looks like Anthony Barr just pulled a DeAndre Jordan in Dallas (2015) deal by going back to the Vikings after committing to the Jets.

My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    Him and Chad Jackson (way worse) were the two whiffs that came to mind at WR.

Still nothing to compared to how many whiffs he's had at corner or with pass rushers though.
    The one time he did overpay for a corner a few years ago... he just saved the SB from likely going to OT or worse with the game saving interception.

My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    Bills got two mediocre slot receivers in John Brown and Cole Beasley for about $8 million/year apiece.
    You're retarded. Do you do this on purpose? Or do you really just not watch football. Brown isn't a slot receiver.

My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    You're retarded. Do you do this on purpose? Or do you really just not watch football. Brown isn't a slot receiver.
    He's a Z receiver in Baltimore but he played a lot of slot in Arizona, swapped with Fitzgerald.

The main issue that even the best pure Z receivers in the NFL (Tyreek Hill, Desean Jackson, etc) face is, how are they going to thrive in the face of press coverage? Because they're usually not at all big enough to win a fist fight with the corner bullying him at the LOS.

My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    He's a Z receiver in Baltimore but he played a lot of slot in Arizona, swapped with Fitzgerald.
    In Arizona, he ran 83% of plays not in the slot.

My Team
    Oakland Raiders
    Post Count
    Saints just signed Latavius Murray which means Mark Ingram won't be a Saint next year.
    i'd love the raiders to take a look at ingram

My Team
    Oakland Raiders
    Post Count
    In Arizona, he ran 83% of plays not in the slot.
    the guy doesnt watch football. he checks the players espn profile and makes assumptions based on height/weight.

jon brown small? therefore must be slot!

same guy said khalil mack was only productive because some guy named benson mayowa ate up blocks and freed him up

My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    the guy doesnt watch football. he checks the players espn profile and makes assumptions based on height/weight.

same guy said khalil mack was only productive because some guy named benson mayowa ate up blocks and freed him up
    spring or summer 2016? lol.

I was just trying to stay positive about the Cowboys' anemic pass rush back then. DeMarcus Lawrence wasn't really a thing yet.

My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count

I was going to start a thread to aggregate all of his bad takes. His comparison of James White to Robert Horry was pretty amusing.
    Also his comment that Brees has "lost it" already.

My Team
    New England Patriots
    Post Count
    I was going to start a thread to aggregate all of his bad takes. His comparison of James White to Robert Horry was pretty amusing.
    Also his comment that Brees has "lost it" already.
    His constant contradictions about how to beat Tom Brady were also hilarious.

My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    spring or summer 2016? lol.

I was just trying to stay positive about the Cowboys' anemic pass rush back then. DeMarcus Lawrence wasn't really a thing yet.
    hey...you never answered as to which receivers left the Saints and were not productive?

My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    I'll reiterate it:: you beat Brady by playing him the way Belichick beat Jared Goof. Bring the house, tight man coverage, don't give up anything shallow and easy, and make him take chances.

My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    It's always entertaining when he brings the Pats into a conversation. Like it's apples to apples.

Thread Information