Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Enemy of the System Millennial_Messiah's Avatar
    My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    Excited to be #BackToFootball tonight for the HOF game. Looking forward to watching this new-look Broncos team with Fangio at the helm. They are one of my sleeper teams this year. I predict they will go 10-6 and earn a wild card playoff birth in the AFC in 2019.

My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    I remember when Schaub was considered a "good" QB. Seems like forever.

My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    The Failcons fired Matt Bryant in favor of this pathetic dagowop?

The first player to score in this the 100th season....Khafani Muhammad.

Not sure where this guy has been, when he left HS he was nations number one 100m and some of his Cal runs were spectacular. I was wondering what happened to him.

Collinsworth...."this Muhammad kid has some speed".........he didn't know about.

Other Cali State 100m champs who played in the NFL.

Javid Best
    Justin Fargas....a lot bigger by the time he joined the Raiders. Son of Huggy Bear.
    Curtis Conway
    Napolean Kaufman

While at Cal....

Last edited by Sir Johnny; 08-01-2019 at 09:53 PM.

The first big night of NFL football, life is good.

My Team
    San Francisco 49ers
    Post Count
    Cardinals defense already sucks

My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    Cardinals defense already sucks
    Still will manage to beat the 49ers twice as they have every year since like 2014

My Team
    Oakland Raiders
    Post Count
    anybody read this recent antonio brown ?

My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    anybody read this recent antonio brown ?
    he's a nut

Antonio Brown WR, Oakland Raiders

According to Sports Illustrated's Michael Silver, Antonio Brown's "vocal" frustration over the league's new helmet rules has "contributed to a disconnect" with the Raiders.

Silver's thread is worth reading in its entirety. Brown, who flamed out of Pittsburgh in spectacular fashion last season, has reportedly been a similar headache since arriving in Oakland, lashing out over the league's new helmet requirements. Of the 32 players required to change helmets this year including Aaron Rodgers and Tom Brady, only Brown has refused to comply, going as far as to repaint his old helmet in hopes that the Raiders wouldn't notice (spoiler: it didn't work). One member of the Raiders organization called Brown's continued resistance "honestly the most insane thing I've ever heard" while another noted that AB "hasn't been here for awhile, and no one knows where he's at." Silver adds that Brown has also ruffled feathers by barely paying attention in team meetings, often showing up late while spending most of the time glued to his phone. The Raiders may be feeling buyer's remorse after seeing some of Brown's recent antics

My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    oops...meant to post this one...the latest latest

Antonio Brown WR, Oakland Raiders

ESPN's Adam Schefter reports Antonio Brown has told the Raiders he will "not play football again" if the league does not allow him to wear his preferred helmet.

Brown has reportedly played hooky from the team since late last week. It was believed he had left to seek a second opinion on his injured feet (he's dealing with severe frostbite from a cryotherapy mishap in France), but apparently the real reason for his absence is that Brown is unhappy over the league's new helmet requirements, a sticking point that has led to a "disconnect" between AB and his bewildered teammates. According to Schefter, Brown feels other helmets impede his vision and has flatly rejected any of the alternatives the Raiders have offered him. The seven-time Pro Bowler filed a grievance over the league's new helmet policy, which will be heard next week. Brown is a ticking time bomb right now

My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    still a top 5 WR is a top 5 WR, diva or not

We've got a job to do. Darth_Pelican's Avatar
    My Team
    New Orleans Saints
    Post Count
    He has cold feet whether or not he wants to keep playing football.

My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    LOL. I saw a good one yesterday...

"I was going to draft him on my fantasy team but I got cold feet"

Board Man Comes Home Clipper Nation's Avatar
    Post Count
    Raiders
    GM Gruden

My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    LOL. I saw a good one yesterday...

"I was going to draft him on my fantasy team but I got cold feet"
    Josh Gordon... I was gonna play pro football, but then I got high...

My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    Cowboys 9pm central??

Frosty the Toe Man

Football SZN (drool emoji)

My Team
    Oakland Raiders
    Post Count
    Raiders offense looked really smooth. Josh Jacobs picking up chunks on the ground. Carr throwing down the field to Tyrell Williams. One drive, one touchdown.

And AB was making plenty of sharp cuts during pre-game warmups. Looks like he should be good to start practicing this week.

My Team
    Oakland Raiders
    Post Count
    cardinals look like a trainwreck. its not that murray is bad, but the roster lacks so much talent, and mistakes galore. so many penalties in one quarter. reminds me of the awful mid-late 2000's raiders

The Buffalo Bills lost every preseason game for years in their 4 SB in a row years, nobody but fringe players care about preseason. It tells us nothing actually.

QB's without the starting line, will look different. RB's vs second/third string defenders will look different.

The first half of game three we will see something, but other than that all that matters is injuries.

They really do need to cut it down to two preseason games. Or have none.
    Last edited by Sir Johnny; 08-15-2019 at 08:10 PM.

My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    Raiders offense looked really smooth. Josh Jacobs picking up chunks on the ground. Carr throwing down the field to Tyrell Williams. One drive, one touchdown.

And AB was making plenty of sharp cuts during pre-game warmups. Looks like he should be good to start practicing this week.
    that's why I have the raiders going 8-8 this year... too many people are writing them off just because of their elite division and they've completely written Carr off just because he hasn't had a decent offensive line since 2016. I think their offense will be good enough to get them back into the mix after maybe a slow start due to their rough early schedule. Their defense still stinks.

I was wrong about preseason not meaning anything, yes it does. We are seeing a lot of guys looking to make a roster who are shiniing. If they don't catch on with their current team somebody will bring them in.

That Gilbert kid who was the top QB in that league that just folded looks great, as do a few RB's.

Finally get to see Jimmy G n acton tonight, still afraid he might be a fake. His body of work is just too small.

Love our skills position guys, especially Jalen Hurd, the guy is a stud.

Check out Broncos RB Khafani Muhammad, he came out of HS the fastest kid in the nation, was the fastest player in the NCAA. This cat can motor.

My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    Jeffrey Wilson!! That's my dude, hope he makes the 49ers or another team and lands a big role. He did have major fumbling problems @ UNT, as I remember too well.

Thread Information