Page 14 of 16 FirstFirst ... 410111213141516 LastLast
    My Team
    New Orleans Saints
    Post Count
    asks how they can pay a guy so much money?

then proceeds to have him as a top 10 QB in the league at age 26
    I was thinking the same thing

Enemy of the System Millennial_Messiah's Avatar
    My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    I don't think you can justify Big Ben or Matt Ryan in the top 10 anymore. The Failcons completely crumbled last year even with Julio doing his usual thing. Pittsburgh is going to be below average next year with their 2 best players both gone for good now, and this time around (unlike 2011-2013) they don't have a top defense to atone for that and even get them to the 8-9 win range. Pittsburgh is a 5-6 win team this year.

My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count

My Team
    Oakland Raiders
    Post Count
    raiders confirmed for hard knocks

My Team
    New England Patriots
    Post Count
    https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/...-roberts-lions

Patriots seem to be desperate for a tight end and they're not even trying to keep a poker face like they normally would. Roberts should be a good Dwayne Allen replacement but he's not a pass catching threat at all.

Gronk did them by waiting as long as he did to retire but they should have had a plan in place either way, he wasn't going to be an every down TE even if he came back this year.

Got my yearly Lindy's Football mag.

According to them, there are six QB's who rate a 9/9.5

9.5....Brees, Mahommes, Brady
    9.0....Wilson, Luck, Rivers

The only 10 was....Coach Belichick

The lowest rating was a 5.5, that was the Raiders DL, Buc's DB's.

Here are the 9's

RB....Cowboys, Giants
    WR....Browns
    OL....Eagles
    DL...Redskins
    LB....Bears
    DB...none

Their SB pick....Saints beat Chargers

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Adrian Peterson gains 400 yard this season he moves past Bettis into 7th all time rushing. If he has another1000 yard season, he will end up in 5th place.

Brees will pass Peyton for All time TD passes when he throws his 20th TD pass this season.

Jerry Rice is so far out there his records will never be broken. Over 22,000 yards receiving, nobody else with even 17,000 that is hard to believe.

My Team
    Carolina Panthers
    Post Count
    and Gerald McCoy to the Panthers. their front looks loaded right now.

3-4 with Gerald McCoy and Kawann Short surrounding Dontari Poe.

pass rushing OLB's will be Mario Addison, Brian Burns, and Bruce Irvin. Shaq Thompson still in the mix.

they need the passing game to work though, dumpoffs to CMC are nice but Cam needs to get the downfield game working. a lot of pressure on youngsters like DJ Moore and Curtis Samuel to make it work. they still seem ridiculously reliant on CMC, but he's known for his durability
    You’ve been doing your research. Impressed.

My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/...-roberts-lions

Patriots seem to be desperate for a tight end and they're not even trying to keep a poker face like they normally would. Roberts should be a good Dwayne Allen replacement but he's not a pass catching threat at all.

Gronk did them by waiting as long as he did to retire but they should have had a plan in place either way, he wasn't going to be an every down TE even if he came back this year.
    They're all JAGs. Losing Hogan sucked, too. But I think Dontrelle Inman is a true #1 receiver who can get over 1k yards and 12+ TDs if he plays a full season. I don't think D.Thomas is good anymore and he's slow and injured. Josh Gordon isn't walking through that door anytime soon.

I think the rookie WR they picked high isn't really a WR but instead is a good WR/TE hybrid and line up in similar places to Gronk, though, and eventually take his place with about 20 more pounds of muscle, though it could take a year or two for him to settle into the league.

My Team
    Oakland Raiders
    Post Count
    lol inman is nowhere near that

My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    lol inman is nowhere near that
    He's been excellent in limited snaps whenever he's played with a decent QB (Rivers and Luck). He does just about everything well. He's 6'3", 4.4 speed, terrific route runner and excellent at winning contested catches. The problem has been staying healthy and getting enough snaps to make his stats look good enough to get him paid because he wasn't a top draft prospect out of UVA so he doesn't have the name pedigree that a guy like Sammy Watkins does even though Inman is 5x the player Watkins is.

My Team
    Oakland Raiders
    Post Count
    He's been excellent in limited snaps whenever he's played with a decent QB (Rivers and Luck). He does just about everything well. He's 6'3", 4.4 speed, terrific route runner and excellent at winning contested catches. The problem has been staying healthy and getting enough snaps to make his stats look good enough to get him paid because he wasn't a top draft prospect out of UVA so he doesn't have the name pedigree that a guy like Sammy Watkins does even though Inman is 5x the player Watkins is.
    a lot of guys have good heigh and speed, that doesnt made you a bona fide #1 receiver. look at brice butler.

inman has never produced anything resembling #1 numbers

My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    a lot of guys have good heigh and speed, that doesnt made you a bona fide #1 receiver. look at brice butler.

in the Chargers' lost 2016 season he had some pretty impressive game splits, even though he didn't get to play much he had over 800 yards.

Inman is way better than Brice Butler, though I get your point, Butler was very limited on the route tree (outside receiver only; good at only streaks and comebacks which made him easier to defend) but that's in part because his agility was limited compared to Inman's.

Inman is 30 so he's not going to make the HOF but he had that level of talent if he had been in the right system. If he makes the Pats he's going to be their best receiver in due time, could see the biggest numbers they've had since Cooks or even Moss.

As far as the Pats go in general, I think they have a league-average roster talent wise (12-17 range) but you could say that about them last year as well even with Gronk, or in 2016 when Gronk went out... they have by far the best coaches in the league (HC, OC, OL coach) so they'll make it work and almost certainly be the #1 seed considering KC is taking a big step backward without Hill and the Browns are just too young to be the best team in the AFC.

My Team
    Oakland Raiders
    Post Count
    in the Chargers' lost 2016 season he had some pretty impressive game splits, even though he didn't get to play much he had over 800 yards.

Inman is way better than Brice Butler, though I get your point, Butler was very limited on the route tree (outside receiver only; good at only streaks and comebacks which made him easier to defend) but that's in part because his agility was limited compared to Inman's.

Inman is 30 so he's not going to make the HOF but he had that level of talent if he had been in the right system. If he makes the Pats he's going to be their best receiver in due time, could see the biggest numbers they've had since Cooks or even Moss.

As far as the Pats go in general, I think they have a league-average roster talent wise (12-17 range) but you could say that about them last year as well even with Gronk, or in 2016 when Gronk went out... they have by far the best coaches in the league (HC, OC, OL coach) so they'll make it work and almost certainly be the #1 seed considering KC is taking a big step backward without Hill and the Browns are just too young to be the best team in the AFC.
    so take the best season he ever had in a perfect situation where the #1 receiver was out for the year, thrusting him into a starting role, and the team's defense was poor, forcing them to go very pass heavy, he put up 800 yards and 4 TD's while playing with a pro bowl QB. and you think he's a bona fide #1 who you have pegged for 1k yards and 12+ TD's

My Team
    New England Patriots
    Post Count

He has like a 20% chance at making the roster , I have no idea why MM thinks he’a going to be some big piece this year.

My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    so take the best season he ever had in a perfect situation where the #1 receiver was out for the year, thrusting him into a starting role, and the team's defense was poor, forcing them to go very pass heavy, he put up 800 yards and 4 TD's while playing with a pro bowl QB. and you think he's a bona fide #1 who you have pegged for 1k yards and 12+ TD's
    If he makes the team, yes. One weakness about the Pats is they tend to cut good receivers who sometimes go other places and do well. But I think with a good system in place he can get those numbers. The issue for him is always snap count, whenever he gets snaps he gets open and produces.

My Team
    New England Patriots
    Post Count
    If he makes the team, yes. One weakness about the Pats is they tend to cut good receivers who sometimes go other places and do well. But I think with a good system in place he can get those numbers. The issue for him is always snap count, whenever he gets snaps he gets open and produces.
    The fact you’re qualifying it with “if he makes the team” negates everything else you’re saying. If he’s a true #1 receiver then there wouldn’t be a snowballs chance in of him getting cut.

My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    The fact you’re qualifying it with “if he makes the team” negates everything else you’re saying. If he’s a true #1 receiver then there wouldn’t be a snowballs chance in of him getting cut.
    He's one of those guys who surprises, doing better on the field than practicing or in games that don't count. He's a clutch performer. I remember his game where he and Tyrell Williams tag teamed to make about 20 spectacular catches in the second half and came back from 3 scores down and beat the Falcons in Atlanta, the same year the Falcons ended up making the Super Bowl.

My Team
    New England Patriots
    Post Count
    He's one of those guys who surprises, doing better on the field than practicing or in games that don't count. He's a clutch performer. I remember his game where he and Tyrell Williams tag teamed to make about 20 spectacular catches in the second half and came back from 3 scores down and beat the Falcons in Atlanta, the same year the Falcons ended up making the Super Bowl.
    https://www.pro-football-reference.c...1610230atl.htm

He had 3 receptions for 58 yards in that game (24 of those yards came in the 1st half, so only 34 yards in this amazing 2nd half he allegedly had). Tyrell Williams had 7 receptions for 140 yards. I guess you can say he and Tyrell Williams "tag teamed" to make a 2nd half comeback, but I'd hardly call a 3 reception 58 yard game some amazingly clutch performance and evidence that he's a #1 receiver.

As usual, you're making up.

My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    https://www.pro-football-reference.c...1610230atl.htm

He had 3 receptions for 58 yards in that game (24 of those yards came in the 1st half, so only 34 yards in this amazing 2nd half he allegedly had). Tyrell Williams had 7 receptions for 140 yards. I guess you can say he and Tyrell Williams "tag teamed" to make a 2nd half comeback, but I'd hardly call a 3 reception 58 yard game some amazingly clutch performance and evidence that he's a #1 receiver.

As usual, you're making up.
    It's just from personal memory. I believe the Falcons were up like 31-7 or 31-10 and lost in OT. Pretty much a harbinger or foreshadowing type of game for what would end up happening to them at the bitter end of the season.

My Team
    Oakland Raiders
    Post Count
    same idiot who tried to argue benson mayowa was the second coming of khalil mack now thinks dontrelle inman is going to be a bona fide #1 receiver

because of height/weight

My Team
    New England Patriots
    Post Count
    It's just from personal memory. I believe the Falcons were up like 31-7 or 31-10 and lost in OT. Pretty much a harbinger or foreshadowing type of game for what would end up happening to them at the bitter end of the season.
    They were up by 17 at the very most.

Once again you completely change the subject (in this case, from Inman to the Falcons) once someone calls you out on your bull .

My Team
    New England Patriots
    Post Count
    same idiot who tried to argue benson mayowa was the second coming of khalil mack now thinks dontrelle inman is going to be a bona fide #1 receiver

because of height/weight
    And because of all the potential he flashed in a 3 reception, 58 yard performance.

My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    And because of all the potential he flashed in a 3 reception, 58 yard performance.
    Look, he's my pet cat and he's the best outside receiver on the team. The rookie could be better eventually if he doesn't move to TE, but as of now, it's Inman.

My Team
    New England Patriots
    Post Count
    Look, he's my pet cat and he's the best outside receiver on the team. The rookie could be better eventually if he doesn't move to TE, but as of now, it's Inman.
    Great argument.

”Hes my pet cat and is really good because I say so!!”

My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    Great argument.

”Hes my pet cat and is really good because I say so!!”
    He's been my pet cat since 2016, though. Lobbied for the Cowboys to trade Terrance Williams and get him at one point. Has nothing to do with the Patriots.

Off topic slightly, I think the Pats defense is going to surprise some people this year. DE might be weak still, but DT is loaded, they have 3 quality big LBs plus another big young guy named Bentley who was good before he got hurt last year, and still a top 5 secondary IMO.

Thread Information