Page 2 of 16 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast
    My Team
    New England Patriots
    Post Count
    Patriots cut ty Dwayne Allen. Next up need to extent Brady to lower his cap hit, cut Clayborn and restructure McCourty/Gronk (assuming Gronk doesn’t retire). That probably creates another $10mm in cap space and makes it more likely that they can retain Flowers. Trent Brown is as good as gone and I’m curious why they didn’t franchise Gostkowski. He might be gone too.

My Team
    Oakland Raiders
    Post Count
    Case Keenum traded to the Redskins

crofl "upgrading" from colt mccoy by acquiring marginally better version of colt mccoy

still cant believe denver actually traded for flacco

My Team
    Oakland Raiders
    Post Count
    also... looks like the AB trade is bound to happen by tomorrow. raiders keep popping up as an interested party, and both the ans and redskins have "withdrawn" from the sweepstakes so its looking more likely. reports have said nobody has offered a first for him.

Believe.
    Post Count
    Poor AB he messed up with Big Ben and now will have Derek Carr........the dude ed up.

BUT......the Raiders will be in more come from behind must throw games so.....hmmmm?

My Team
    Oakland Raiders
    Post Count
    Raiders just paid Trent Brown a load of money. a year after spending their first round pick on that turd Kolton Miller, who predictably struggled

My Team
    New England Patriots
    Post Count
    No surprise at all that the Patriots were going to let Brown go when they have Isaiah Wynn waiting in the wings as his replacement. I can't believe that a team made him the highest paid o-lineman in the NFL though, at least when the Giants did it with Solder a year ago Solder was (maybe wrongfully) considered a near elite LT, Brown was probably an above average starter last year who had an assistant coach who's maybe the best in NFL history at coaching up offensive linemen.

If this is any indication of how free agency goes this year then not optimistic New England will be able to keep Flowers.

My Team
    Oakland Raiders
    Post Count
    No surprise at all that the Patriots were going to let Brown go when they have Isaiah Wynn waiting in the wings as his replacement. I can't believe that a team made him the highest paid o-lineman in the NFL though, at least when the Giants did it with Solder a year ago Solder was (maybe wrongfully) considered a near elite LT, Brown was probably an above average starter last year who had an assistant coach who's maybe the best in NFL history at coaching up offensive linemen.

If this is any indication of how free agency goes this year then not optimistic New England will be able to keep Flowers.
    seeing solder and brown get monster contracts in consecutive years, while the pats have their first round pick replacement waiting in the wings is just another sign that the pats are doing it right and will continue to succeed. meanwhile the raiders had their first round pick tackle play so poorly that they felt the need to overpay a free agent.

gruden/cable really did a number on our OL.

1) miller was always a reach where he was taken. they really wanted mcglinchey and panicked when he didnt make it to them in the draft. he was better fit to play RT in the NFL, so at least they have a chance to right that wrong
    2) they insisted on playing miller at LT immediately when they still had a capable donald penn. they instead chose to shift penn to right (where he has NEVER played) to accommodate the unproven rookie. penn was awful at RT then got injured. miller flopped at LT
    3) now instead of just admitting the mistake and moving Penn back to LT, they're likely going to release Penn to clear up some of the space they needed to sign Brown. only good explanation is that Penn is old/declining and coming off injury while brown is young and coming off a career year

Enemy of the System Millennial_Messiah's Avatar
    My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count

no issue... you get 2 more third round comp picks in 2020 after having 2 third round comp picks this year! Talk about a luxury of riches

Believe.
    Post Count
    What can be done about a player refusing to go where he was traded? Brown wasn't going to play in Buffalo, I did think he'd rebel over that. You don't want a guy who makes it real clear he doesn't want to be there. I guess not a lot actually.

you're a phony Holden_Caulfield's Avatar
    My Team
    Jacksonville Jaguars
    Post Count
    landon collins 6yr 84 million with 45mil gtd for someone who cant cover in a passing league. lmao redskins

My Team
    Oakland Raiders
    Post Count
    Bengals paying CJ Uzomah 3 years 18 mil? what does he even do

My Team
    Oakland Raiders
    Post Count
    this is somewhat of a relief. no signing bonus

year 3 is for 14 mil, and year 4 would be for 15.25 mil, both effectively as team options

My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    Will Hunting

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap300...-fiveyear-deal

Bam. Loins going hard after ExPats today; also got Amendola. $16 Million/year seems like a relative discount considering the going rate lately.

Patriots 99% certain to receive 2 third-round compensatory picks in 2020.

My Team
    Oakland Raiders
    Post Count
    imo the GOAT tweet

My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    Will Hunting

Bam. Loins going hard after ExPats today; also got Amendola. $16 Million/year seems like a relative discount considering the going rate lately.

where are you getting 16,000,000?
    and how the is that a "discount"?

ah...nm...thought you were talking about Amendola
    Last edited by SpursforSix; 03-11-2019 at 03:24 PM.

My Team
    New England Patriots
    Post Count
    this is somewhat of a relief. no signing bonus

year 3 is for 14 mil, and year 4 would be for 15.25 mil, both effectively as team options
    His agent ed that one up IMO, not a chance Oakland is going to pay him those salaries in years 3 or 4.

My Team
    New England Patriots
    Post Count
    Will Hunting

Matt Patricia is more or less following the playbook of every way a former Belichick assistant can up in his first head coaching job. Build less through the draft and more through overpaying ex-Pats in free agency, try to run the same system as Belichick runs in New England regardless of whether or not it fits the personnel, etc.

Paying Flowers $16mm a year is pure insanity, and I don't see why Amendola is a good fit for Detroit at all. Seems like Patricia is just trying to win by signing ex-Patriots.

Meanwhile, it's encouraging for Brian Flores that the Dolphins cut Amendola (who was a horrible fit for them). Shows he won't fawn over ex-Patriots the way other former Belichick assistant coaches do.

My Team
    Oakland Raiders
    Post Count
    His agent ed that one up IMO, not a chance Oakland is going to pay him those salaries in years 3 or 4.
    antonio brown's deal also looks like he's basically locked in for 2 years and can be cut for nothing in the 3rd year. due to our drafting, we dont really have a lot of guys on rookie scale deals who are going to be "due" big raises. the only guys i can think of who are remotely in that position would be karl joseph and gareon conley, but they're a few years out. joseph has been pretty average and has jumped in and out of the starting lineup, but the raiders are picking up his 5th year option so he's locked through 2020. conley is in the same boat and will be locked in through 2021, provided they also pick up his option
    Last edited by spurraider21; 03-11-2019 at 03:10 PM.

My Team
    New England Patriots
    Post Count
    the Lions paying a nickel corner $9 million a year

My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    Matt Patricia is more or less following the playbook of every way a former Belichick assistant can up in his first head coaching job. Build less through the draft and more through overpaying ex-Pats in free agency, try to run the same system as Belichick runs in New England regardless of whether or not it fits the personnel, etc.

Paying Flowers $16mm a year is pure insanity, and I don't see why Amendola is a good fit for Detroit at all. Seems like Patricia is just trying to win by signing ex-Patriots.

Meanwhile, it's encouraging for Brian Flores that the Dolphins cut Amendola (who was a horrible fit for them). Shows he won't fawn over ex-Patriots the way other former Belichick assistant coaches do.
    I agree, but... Greg Schiano , when they literally could have had any DC

I remember his time with Tampa... he was the laughing stock of the league:

https://www.sbnation.com/2013/10/23/...reaking-madden

My Team
    Jacksonville Jaguars
    Post Count
    Lol Foles for 4 years at 22 a year fml. Hopefully it's structured like the Trent brown contract with only the first 2 guaranteed

My Team
    Oakland Raiders
    Post Count
    Lol Foles for 4 years at 22 a year fml. Hopefully it's structured like the Trent brown contract with only the first 2 guaranteed
    wowza. good on nick foles for finally getting that life-setting contract

in today's market, 22 mil for a starting qb is actually not that bad. right now he's the 15th highest paid qb, for reference. a few years ago derek carr was the highest paid qb now he's 14th
    Last edited by spurraider21; 03-11-2019 at 04:02 PM.

My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    I’m curious why they didn’t franchise Gostkowski. He might be gone too.
    There's really cheap kickers available like Aguayo and Walsh sitting on the open market. No need to pay that much for a kicker.

My Team
    Jacksonville Jaguars
    Post Count
    50 mil guaranteed fml at least we won't have to draft a qb early for the next 2 years I hope

My Team
    Oakland Raiders
    Post Count
    DeSean Jackson back in Philly. love that fit. they need the home run guy across alshon

their golden tate trade though...

Thread Information