Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    I needs six for my fix. UnWantedTheory's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Keep ur blinders on while we keep the same trash roster and lose in the first round, and get no free agents for years to come...

This guy really is touting Mills as a great asset to our team... And Marco... Lmfao! Of if overpaid Mills and Marco are cream of the crop to you, then I can see how u think we have a great front office...

Normal ppl see that the mills and Gasol contracts are trash... Why do u think they're trying to get rid of it now, dumb ? You're too busy trying to bash me when the world can see I'm right... Some of you same assholes on here will go into another thread and Bash Gasol and mills... Hypocrisy
    This is further proof you are misrepresenting what people say to suit your whiny agenda btw.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    RC/Pop are elite in this league.

I guess the only issue in last seasons was they were too loyal to players that didn't show on court they deserved it.

"Well, Pau was willing to wait and tried to help us to get CP3...just give him a massive contract" "Patty is our emotional leader...just give him a massive contract"..."LMA had his worst playoffs round vs Warriors, he asked for a trade...just extend him instead of looking for younger/better stars in the league"

Again, PATFO is elite. One of the best FO in NBA business.

But I laugh so hard at the new/young executives behind them that will take control in a few years.

Those f*cking idiots were caring that much about owners' money over getting talent in offseason.

The young guys on Spurs FO think that being conservative and cheap will put them in a good spot in San Antonio. Sadly they aren't wrong.
    Our FO is like my mutual fund. Nothing sexy but good long term. Too conservative perhaps. But hey San Antonio is NOT a big market. They mess up, it could be a downward spiral to oblivion. Believe me I am for trading that elusive athletic 3 and D who could push us over the hump. And I want them to take the risk. Go RC! Aldridge, Gay are not getting any younger. Now is the time if not enough time playing together for next year. Go out there!

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Where is this pile? What great moves has been done lately that outweigh the bad ones?
    Lol. Who is gonna waste their time trying to convince a Kawhitter player fan of anything? Not me, man. It's more fun just to laugh at your posts that drip with butthurt juice.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'll relish in the fact that we all know I'm right... Lol

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Kawhi should thank Popovich every chance he gets because he did him a favor with that trade. Even with Kawhi, I don't even think this team would be doing that much better. What the ...

Pronouns: Your/Dad TheGreatYacht's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Liking what you have when you can't win a game without Rudy ing Gay

PATFO fluffers

You Are Not Worthy ZeusWillJudge's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    This is further proof you are misrepresenting what people say to suit your whiny agenda btw.
    Anyone who says "whiny " as much as you do is a whiny .

The Spurs FO was able to build in place for the better part of two decades, because they had a base of Tim, Tony, and Manu. They couldn't accept the fact that they didn't have the talent to put with Kawhi, and they didn't have trade pieces. They should have taken one year to rebuild two seasons ago. They let their collective ego tell them that they didn't have to do that. Losing Kawhi just sped up the decline. Mortgaging the future on Patti and Pau was unforgivably bad.

It doesn't matter what they did in the Tim Duncan era, they have been inept since. The goal is not to get into the playoffs, it is to get back to having a legit championship contender.
    Getting late round bargains isn't enough to build a championship team.
    For not understanding all that, and for being a whiny ...

You have been judged and found wanting.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Anyone who says "whiny " as much as you do is a whiny .

The Spurs FO was able to build in place for the better part of two decades, because they had a base of Tim, Tony, and Manu. They couldn't accept the fact that they didn't have the talent to put with Kawhi, and they didn't have trade pieces. They should have taken one year to rebuild two seasons ago. They let their collective ego tell them that they didn't have to do that. Losing Kawhi just sped up the decline. Mortgaging the future on Patti and Pau was unforgivably bad.

It doesn't matter what they did in the Tim Duncan era, they have been inept since. The goal is not to get into the playoffs, it is to get back to having a legit championship contender.
    Getting late round bargains isn't enough to build a championship team.
    For not understanding all that, and for being a whiny ...

You have been judged and found wanting.
    No one ever said PATFO hasn't made mistakes halfwit, the point is not to be such a cliff jumping re about it.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    "RC is elite"

At what? Slamming down 6 packs behind the wheel? This glorified secretary's first choice in the Kawhi draft was Jonas ing Valanciunas.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    David, Timmy, Manu and Tony have done wonders for PATFO. They got unbelievablely lucky to have them. Was it a fluke that they drafted all of those guys? Was it pure luck?

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    David, Timmy, Manu and Tony have done wonders for PATFO. They got unbelievablely lucky to have them. Was it a fluke that they drafted all of those guys? Was it pure luck?
    Drafting Timmy with the no. 1 pick was a no brainer.

Tony was scouted by Sam Presti. But the latter had to jump through hoops to convince Crater Face that Tony was a legit talent.

Manu was an afterthought. PATFO’s main target that year was Gordan Giricek. It was sheer luck Manu turned out the way he did. But if he didn’t defeat Team USA in the Olympics, he’ll probably be confined to chucking up 3s in Poop’s 4-Down system.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Tony was scouted by Sam Presti. But the latter had to jump through hoops to convince Crater Face that Tony was a legit talent.

Manu was an afterthought. PATFO’s main target that year was Gordan Giricek. It was sheer luck Manu turned out the way he did. But if he didn’t defeat Team USA in the Olympics, he’ll probably be confined to chucking up 3s in Poop’s 4-Down system.
    That's all true...David and Tim were no brainers (and Pop was not so sure on Timmy); Manu was pure luck (he developed entirely in europe, winning championships at all levels) and Tony was on Presti (Pop didn't want to choose him).
    The merits of our actual front office are others...just not talking about the past, the Kiwi trade was great and Kiwi choice was wonderful...till it lasted. Anderson choice and developement was good (till he lasted with us). Murray and White choices looks from good to very very good.
    What is questionable is the Kiwi trade.
    Unfortunately, imho, the win now mentality in a small market works only when you have young stars under contract...that's why, when it was clear that Kiwi was quitting, I was all in favor of a trade for young pieces...instead of a questionable all star. The point is that the FO, for unfortunate reasons, understood the situation too late.
    But no point in regretting...if our goal was to make the play offs and rebuilding on the fly, so be it. In that sense, its frankly possible that LMA has some other years (his style helps a long career) and that DDR improve next year (or his dealt for a decent package) while we develop some young pieces that have already showed they can play at least a bit (White, DJM, Poeltl, Bertans) and hope to find gold with others (Walker, Metu, Eubanks, Moore, our next two first round and second round draft choices).

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    people here forget that coach Bud almost had to fight Pop to convince him to trade George Hill for Kawhi. The problem with this FO is that it's full of yes men and nobody has the balls to tell Pop what he's doing wrong

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I think the players are tuning him out. Playing defense is not a physical skill it is a mindset. Game after game they drop the ball on defense. Their is no passion or even interest in playing defense. What makes it so bad is it is rhe vets who are tuning him out. The fact that we have played an entire season without a true small forward is insane. That is in Pop too.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I think the players are tuning him out. Playing defense is not a physical skill it is a mindset. Game after game they drop the ball on defense. Their is no passion or even interest in playing defense. What makes it so bad is it is rhe vets who are tuning him out. The fact that we have played an entire season without a true small forward is insane. That is in Pop too.
    that would explain why they always turn the ball over after time outs

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yeah after 4 or 5 straight looses you can tell players are playing like they don’t give a anymore.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

The point I was making was that not only was the skill there but these guys are one of a kind unselfish players which come around once in a blue moon. There’s skill every where but the combination of skill, humility and unselfishness doesn’t come around all the time and to draft 4 players like that is insane.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Some of these arguments make no sense. People are saying, sure, the Spurs scouted/drafted Kawhi, Ginobili, and Parker, but they also considered other players that they didn't draft, and that kind of proves they're not good at drafting.

Hmmmm...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Just shutdown White for the rest of the season and tank. It will be so much more productive then getting swept in the 1st round. Pop if he was serious about being a playoff team could've actually tried in the trade deadline, but yeah we all know his approach to that.

One Bad Ass MoFo SouthTexasRancher's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    dunken2K5 is right and you are wrong. Quite a simple concept.
    Last edited by SouthTexasRancher; 02-11-2019 at 06:39 AM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Just shutdown White for the rest of the season and tank. It will be so much more productive then getting swept in the 1st round. Pop if he was serious about being a playoff team could've actually tried in the trade deadline, but yeah we all know his approach to that.
    Stop assuming you know what goes on behind the scenes. I get it, your butthurt the team didn't make a move you approve of, but man, don't act like you know what they did or didn't try to do.

Thread Information