Page 138 of 397 FirstFirst ... 3888128134135136137138139140141142148188238 ... LastLast
Results 3,426 to 3,450 of 9906
    It's for tuition and fees. not books, not living room/board, not incidentals.

And Harvard, Rice, etc, etc are saying to UT "nice tuition deal - hold my chardonnay."

This isn't that big of a deal. It works out to about $8 million/yr in endowed spending.
    Exactly. Lol. This is hardly a game changer.

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    The 2019 undergraduate tuition & fees of The University of Texas at Austin (UT Austin) are $10,610 for Texas residents and $37,580 for out of State students. The 2019 graduate school tuition & fees are $11,742 for Texas resident and $22,564 for others. 19,799 students (48.90% of the enrolled undergraduate students) have received grant or scholarships aid and the average amount is $10,671

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    When you think about the amount of money someone gets for a pell grant, they can afford to go to school for nothing more than maybe an on campus job. This means no student loans. That to me is a game changer.

Even if schools like Harvard and Rice do this, Texas is doing it for an estimated 8500 students, that is more than the entire student body at both of those schools. I hope every school follows through and does this for their students. However, I'm looking at this from a sports point of view in that Texas doesn't want to become one of those schools that cheats to get players. However, if Texas can use this to their advantage to give opportunities to those closest to a athlete then do it. Also lets not forget Tom Herman's drive to really make the PWO program work, this is a huge step in the right direction.

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    Days Until College Football

Floss, could you see us not signing a RB in this class and going all in on Wheaton next year or do you think they’ll find a way to get somebody like Dominic Richardson to flip just to ensure we take a back?

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    Floss, could you see us not signing a RB in this class and going all in on Wheaton next year or do you think they’ll find a way to get somebody like Dominic Richardson to flip just to ensure we take a back?
    I don't see any way 2020 ends without a RB being signed.

They need to lock up someone.

My only question now is if they'll still take two if they can't land one of the big names.

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    Free

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    Updates on DT Vernon Broughton as of this evening...

-OrangeBloods expects a decision sometime next week. Arkansas and LSU are out, and A&M is still ahead of Ohio State and UT. They do believe he's made his final decision which sounds like A&M, but they hedged a bit and said they wouldn't be surprised if he threw a curveball.

-24/7 agrees that a decision will come sometime next week or before, and they're still picking UT. Broughton told them he's choosing the school that feels like home and the one that he feels best recruited his family.

-The Football Brainiacs believe Broughton has made his final decision and he's currently shooting a commitment video.

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count

LOL. Please, let's not fall for the "go all in on so-and-so next year," like it's virtually a given we'll land him just because "we're Texas." Many of us were singing that tune last year regarding Zach Evans. We see how well that is turning out.

Updates on DT Vernon Broughton as of this evening...

-OrangeBloods expects a decision sometime next week. Arkansas and LSU are out, and A&M is still ahead of Ohio State and UT. They do believe he's made his final decision which sounds like A&M, but they hedged a bit and said they wouldn't be surprised if he threw a curveball.

-24/7 agrees that a decision will come sometime next week or before, and they're still picking UT. Broughton told them he's choosing the school that feels like home and the one that he feels best recruited his family.

-The Football Brainiacs believe Broughton has made his final decision and he's currently shooting a commitment video.
    from IT's latest, seems like they're thinking it 'might' be us, but that there's a whole lot of uncertainty at best there. Could of course as easily be the ags, which would suck super royally considering the Leal loss just last cycle.

Why would this not be a good thing? He is supposed to be back on campus before his announcement so I'm thinking at this point it really isn't much news. I'm glad he has put some distance between himself and the Ohio state trip. That will make the decision much easier.

The guy comes from a good family, I'm sure he will make a smart informed decision that is best for him.
    most seem to think it's the Buckeyes. It's not over yet, though, so let's hope. It would be quite the coup for us, especially considering the Mt Everest feel to landing a really big time back (hopefully Keontay becomes that, but....)

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    from IT's latest, seems like they're thinking it 'might' be us, but that there's a whole lot of uncertainty at best there. Could of course as easily be the ags, which would suck super royally considering the Leal loss just last cycle.
    I thought Inside Texas made a good point this morning that the A&M media would be a of lot more excited if they were positive Broughton was in.

We haven't seen that at all.

Thread Information