Page 163 of 397 FirstFirst ... 63113153159160161162163164165166167173213263 ... LastLast
Results 4,051 to 4,075 of 9906
    A guy on surly is asking who Floss is and everybody is giving him .

Floss is that dude. Legendary status.
    Here from Surly. TFloss is "our guy."

And TFloss, let me also extend you an invitation join Surly (www.surlyhorns.com) - you would give Machinator a run for his/its money with your updates. Would be great to have you over there as well---you know there's a Basketball section with a dedicated Spurs thread. But the last time I checked, the posters there were Surly because of Uncle Dennis.

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    Potential offer here.

2022 WR Caleb Burton (Del Valle)

https://247sports.com/Player/Caleb-Burton-46076668/

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    Potential offer here.

2022 WR Caleb Burton (Del Valle)

https://247sports.com/Player/Caleb-Burton-46076668/
    Coach's kid and culture fit. Needs to gain some weight, but he is still young.

Who are the hosts of the 4th & 5 podcast?
    From Inside Texas
    Will Baizer and Joseph Cook.

Link: https://twitter.com/4th_and_5
    So that means IT has 2 different podcasts?

So that means IT has 2 different podcasts?
    Yes. The other one is called The Eyes of Texas but most of the time they just refer to it as the Inside Texas podcast. It’s Justin Wells and Ian Boyd. Link below:

https://m.soundcloud.com/inside_texas

Edit: The 4th and 5 podcast is Joe Cook who works for Inside Texas and Will Baizer who works for TFB and I think Horn Sports. I don’t think Will works for IT but I’m pretty sure IT still owns and promotes the 4th and 5.
    Last edited by Harvey88210; 07-25-2019 at 10:55 PM.

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    Surley makes Spurstalk look like mature adults.

We need to create a real life thunder dome and put everyone from surley in it and everyone from texags.com in it. Two sites enter, no site leaves.

fantastic. thanks for the notes on this since I don't have the time to listen. 'Preciate it
    No problemo, my pleasure. I’ll keep posting the cliff’s on the various recruiting podcasts for those who have more of a life than I do. Lol.

Mike Roach, Will Baizer, and EJ Holland used to do the No Interviews Podcast but I hadn’t seen a new one since EJ left. I’ll ask Mike if there’s any plans to renew it.

https://247sports.com/Player/Eric-Hemphill-46085607/

This is a class of 22 kid but I thought it was interesting bc it looks like Ro Simon will be bringing some of his athletes to Texas this weekend.

Reconnecting with Shane

Surley makes Spurstalk look like mature adults.
    You ain’t lyin. There was some internet fisticuffs taking place over there today and I thought they were about to go find out where this dude lived and burn his house to the ground.

200th post.

Just wanted to say thanks again to Floss and the rest of you guys for posting all of the great content from the different outlets. I have a toddler daughter and when I’m not giving horsey rides or singing Baby Shark, I’m on here following the whacky world of recruiting. I live in Dallas and if any of y’all ever want to meet up for a beer and bull , just holler.

I cannot grok its fullnes leemajors's Avatar
    My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    love this

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    What does it mean? up down up down A B

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    What does it mean? up down up down A B
    The code for infinity lives on Contra.

my unders, my frgn whites pgardn's Avatar
    My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    You ain’t lyin. There was some internet fisticuffs taking place over there today and I thought they were about to go find out where this dude lived and burn his house to the ground.
    Floss has done a great job making this about information with mature humble opinion.

And those lists on the first pages are a lifesaver for people who can’t spend the time to keep up.
    This is THE example of how good information/opinion boards should work.
    We love the same team and still stay sane polite adults. That’s a minor miracle.
    I feel like I can ask “out of the loop noob” questions without getting ridiculous feedback.

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    Here from Surly. TFloss is "our guy."

And TFloss, let me also extend you an invitation join Surly (www.surlyhorns.com) - you would give Machinator a run for his/its money with your updates. Would be great to have you over there as well---you know there's a Basketball section with a dedicated Spurs thread. But the last time I checked, the posters there were Surly because of Uncle Dennis.
    Like in Ghostbusters, you never cross the streams.

i like Spurstalk because you get the headlines and some behind the scenes info without having to wade through pages of banter about hand size and random like that.

Floss has done a great job making this about information with mature humble opinion.

And those lists on the first pages are a lifesaver for people who can’t spend the time to keep up.
    This is THE example of how good information/opinion boards should work.
    We love the same team and still stay sane polite adults. That’s a minor miracle.
    I feel like I can ask “out of the loop noob” questions without getting ridiculous feedback.
    I look at it as the cliff notes of recruiting. I no longer want to spend hours on something that is ultimately and relatively meaningless nor do I enjoy weeding through pages of immature crap trying to get a nugget, I only do that when I have time to waste.

My Team
    Miami Hurricanes
    Post Count
    Agree with all the props to this thread and TFloss. In many other boards I would be called out for my Miami skin. Not here. Posters do a great job at consolidating info from other sites and having civilized conversations, which is helpful when trying to figure out what a 17 y/o that we don't know is going to do.

Thanks all!

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    I will post the visitors list for tonight's camp later this afternoon.

Just waiting to see if there are any late additions, and it'll give me a chance to get home and settle in.

I will post the visitors list for tonight's camp later this afternoon.

Just waiting to see if there are any late additions, and it'll give me a chance to get home and settle in.
    Some good stuff from IT has been posted this morning ahead of the camp but don’t know if it’s allowed to be pasted here. I’ll wait for the yay or nay. If nothing else I’ll try to get cliffs posted.

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    This kid is good, and he may surprise like LB Marcus Tillman did at last year's event.

LB Derrick Lewis (Schertz Clemens)

https://247sports.com/Player/Derrick-Lewis-46080803/

https://www.hudl.com/profile/8260271/Derrick-Lewis

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    Some good stuff from IT has been posted this morning ahead of the camp but don’t know if it’s allowed to be pasted here. I’ll wait for the yay or nay. If nothing else I’ll try to get cliffs posted.
    I don't like to copy/paste stuff that isn't quotes unless it's really important or a big story.

Cliffs will do.

I don't like to copy/paste stuff that isn't quotes unless it's really important or a big story.

Cliffs will do.
    Cliffs from IT on 2020 class camp visitors.

-WR LV Bunkley Shelton: Slot WR from Cali. Possible grade risk. UT should make some huge strides this weekend in his recruitment.

-WR JJ Hester: Bigger (taller anyways) WR from Okla. Rumored commit a week or so ago but that was squashed. Wants to take all 5 OV’s before he commits but UT could probably have him if they push this weekend.

-WR Quentin Johnston: from Temple. Quiet kid. Easily the second best receiver in the state (my take).

-OL Courtland Ford: From Louisiana. Former LSU commit. Another backup plan for Lindberg.

-OL Jaylen Garth: Texas commit from PNG (Roschon’s H.S.) Maybe in attendance tonight/this weekend.

-DL Broughton: Texas commit from Houston. Everybody should be familiar with him bc he just committed. Expected tonight.

-DE Alfred Collins: Him and VB are the best d-line prospects in the state this year. UT leads but OU is pushing. Was supposed to be in Oklahoma this weekend but rumors that won’t happen.

Very interesting RB take: (note the quotations)
    “We don't have a ton to base this off of, but we still feel like UT will land a five-star running back. It just seems they've made good enough inroads that something will break the staff's way like it typically does. They're in okay standing with Bijan Robinson and expect to get a visit regardless of whether or not he commits to Ohio State next week. They've done well with Robinson's family so they wouldn't necessarily have to "flip" them. If they get him back on campus at any time, and use the running backs in the manner they told him they would, this could get real interesting. Jase McClellan is another one where scheme and running back usage matters. We don't expect Ehlinger to be used as much on the ground as last year. It shouldn't be needed. That will help a lot. Again, we feel like the parent is already okay with Texas. Things with Zach Evans are as good as they've been in a while. We'd still predict Alabama or an out-of-state SEC program, but with him you just never quite know. We check on him more than we care to admit just in case we need to start that slow, loud ascent.”

-DB Jerrin Thompson: safety/nickle from Lufkin. Recent offer. Likes UT a lot. Loved getting the offer. TFB called him “violent.” Nice film. May be on campus this weekend or early next week.

I’ll get the 2021 cliffs in a while.

My Team
    Texas A&M Aggies
    Post Count
    This kid is good, and he may surprise like LB Marcus Tillman did at last year's event.

LB Derrick Lewis (Schertz Clemens)

https://247sports.com/Player/Derrick-Lewis-46080803/

https://www.hudl.com/profile/8260271/Derrick-Lewis
    i'll see what i can find out on him. i'll get a chance to see at least once this season.

Thread Information