Page 192 of 397 FirstFirst ... 92142182188189190191192193194195196202242292 ... LastLast
Results 4,776 to 4,800 of 9906
    My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count

Sterns #6

Per Roach’s late night notes:
    -Things trending UT’s way for Ty Jordan. (He got another UT cb this morning.) Expect decision before the season.

- Temple WR Quentin Johnston is close to deciding. UT/TCU race. If Roach has to guess it’d be Texas but that could that could change (lol ok).

The Brainiacs had an update on Eaton this morning and they (Super K) said UT could still push. IT said they were done yesterday.

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    The Brainiacs had an update on Eaton this morning and they (Super K) said UT could still push. IT said they were done yesterday.
    Pouncey > Eaton. And it's not close IMO.

https://247sports.com/Player/Clayton-Smith-46055978/
    Roach said Clayton Smith isn’t looking to decide anytime soon. UT among his favs with arky and LSU.

On the two DL studs from Pleasant Grove: Burris really likes A&M and they’re currently his fav. ”Big lead” is the word he used. Jackson wants to visit for LSU game and get a better feel of Todd Orlando. Has good relationship with Herman and Giles.

I agree. I think the staff probably pushed for Pouncey because they wanted him in the class before Eaton. I’d guess they like Eaton as a CB3. I’m cool with that bc Ringo isn’t likely and next years in state class is lacking corners.

Wiltfong just crystal balled Ty Jordan to UT

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    If we get the guys we are currently trending for on the 247 site, I think it is 6 guys
    Collins
    Jordan
    J Thompson
    Buckley-Sheldon
    Hester
    Johnston

That would give us 19 commitments and a overall score of 279.66 which by last years standards would put Texas at 6th nationally. I'm pretty sure we will not stop at 19, I'm thinking 20 or 21 is my guess. Anything after 20 is going to be someone we flip and it will be someone really good. That is my prediction.

With six open spaces on roster and twelve Srs. any number above that would require attrition. Which will happen just hare to lose anyone.My numbers could be wrong if so please correct me.

Hosted by: Eric Nahlin and Justin Wells

2020 notes:
    -probably have a class of 21-23. Will be able to pick and choose from ‘21 class.

-Bijan Robinson: biggest get in class besides Broughton. Drayton was the key cog in his recruitment and the one who sold Bijans grandfather. Compared personality to Roschon Johnson.

-Ty Jordan: small and fast but he’s thicker. Prob 5’7 185ish right now. Compare to Eno Benjamin. Very good RB2/slotback take. Will catch a lot of balls out of backfield. Commit prob coming before end of month. Drew Mehringer is primary recruiter. Also very close with Beck.

WR recruiting:

-Quentin Johnston. OU is out, TCU is in. Malcolm Kelly is doing a great job at TCU on selling Johnston as being the next Jalen Raegor. Wells said he felt TCU may have slight lead.

-JJ Hester: Nahlin likes him a lot. Waiting for best school to recruit him hard and he’ll prob go there.

-LV Bunkley Shelton: Wells felt like there is a good chance he ends up at UT.

-Johnny Wilson: still expecting to see him for an OV at LSU game. Scared people are gonna try to make him a TE but Texas took Epps and did the opposite so that helps. They still felt like he stays with UO but felt like UT has punchers chance if Collin Johnson has a good year.

O-Line:
    Probably done here unless a 5-star kid wants in. ‘21 is too stacked to load up in 2020. “#SaveTheShip”

D-Line:
    Oscar Giles doing very well this season.

-Alfred Collins: Nahlin felt like he could commit at any time despite saying he wants to take all visits and it’d be UT.

-Princely Umanmielen: wants to play in 4 man front but UT will put him at 4i. He still really likes UT and they had the feeling he wants to be in this class and would already be if it weren’t for the 3-4 hybrid defense. Still felt like it’d be UT or A&M.

LB recruiting:

They’re not sure what the staff is doing here.

-Josh White:
    Nahlin said:May come to LSU game but prob just to see his future team play. Not likely that he’ll flip. UT was a little late. Fam from Louisiana. Could possibly flip if we crush LSU. Demond Demas cousin.
    Wells said: he thinks UT could flip him.

CB recruiting:

-Ethan Pouncely: plenty fast. Long. Can really hit despite being light in the ass.

Staff would still take Ringo or Jahari Rogers but prob done here.

Safety recruiting:
    -Jerrin Thompson: very smart. Great instincts. Imagine a shorter Caden Sterns at nickel. Decision will come soon. Likes where UT sits with him. Offered early and would be taken by LSU and Notre Dame.

-Xavion Alford: Smaller side. Field safety. Great leader. Great ball skills. UT working its way back to the top of his list.

Will still try to flip Ransom and they felt like if there’s a chance to flip anyone, it’s Ransom or CTJr. Naivar won’t give up on him. Naivar won’t give up on CTJr. Depth chart hurts UT here just bc we’re loaded.

2021 recruiting:

-Keep watching out for WR JoJo Earl. Prob sit at top of CB Ishmael Ibraheem’s list. Will have to figure out a way to slow down the train just bc you want more film on prospects but the staff is making sure to get the early leg up on the top talent.

The rest of the podcast was practice analysis and team notes.

My Team
    Miami Hurricanes
    Post Count
    Thanks for the recap Harvey!

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    Great early eval by Texas.

Thanks for the recap Harvey!
    No problemo!

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    Perroni from A&M 24/7 just put in an A&M crystal ball for S Xavion Alford of Pearland Shadow Creek.

I don't know what he's hearing, but at the very least I'd say that means he believes CB Joshua Eaton will be committing to them.

Unrelated to recruiting and I know a lot of folks can’t stand the NFL but Omenihu will be playing tonight.

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    Pouncey no doubt is the preferred take, but not by much. Eaton has a higher ceiling, IMO. His measurables are A+. He just needs time to develop where Pouncey may be more ready up front to contribute.

Thread Information