Page 201 of 397 FirstFirst ... 101151191197198199200201202203204205211251301 ... LastLast
Results 5,001 to 5,025 of 9906
    My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    OrangeBloods just posted an update predicting S Xavion Alford to Texas.

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    Who do you guys think leads the team in tackles and what will his game average be?

My pick is Ossai getting 7 tackles per game.

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count

My Team
    Texas A&M Aggies
    Post Count
    Who do you guys think leads the team in tackles and what will his game average be?

My pick is Ossai getting 7 tackles per game.
    i think it would come down to sterns or brandon jones. but my guess would be jones.

And Princely is a DT if not a 4tech. I think UT just did a better job of convincing him that there’s still a path to the nfl that way and he’s not going to succeed as an edge rusher in college station.
    I've always looked at the 3-technique DT in a 4-3 defense & a DE in a 3-4 defense as almost interchangeable. So it doesn't really matter imo.

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count

I've always looked at the 3-technique DT in a 4-3 defense & a DE in a 3-4 defense as almost interchangeable. So it doesn't really matter imo.
    Right but Roach was saying that a&m was telling Princely that he could be a DE in their 4-3 (4, 5, 7 techs). I think UT just did a good enough job convincing him that he was a 4i if not an interior guy. Either way, he’s not a DE. In a 3-4 he can at best be a 4i but to me that still isn’t an end bc he’s still inside the tackle. A&M would have eventually moved him inside imo.

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    Right but Roach was saying that a&m was telling Princely that he could be a DE in their 4-3 (4, 5, 7 techs). I think UT just did a good enough job convincing him that he was a 4i if not an interior guy. Either way, he’s not a DE. In a 3-4 he can at best be a 4i but to me that still isn’t an end bc he’s still inside the tackle. A&M would have eventually moved him inside imo.
    A&m told Bobby Brown the same thing and now he's an interior DL. The same will happen with Leal.

From Frenzy on Twitter:

Ryan Brauninger told aggie board that Alford is committing Fri at noon.

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count

Not sure how much of a role he would have had this year but LSU incoming freshman OL Kardell Thomas had a serious injury that should keep him out for the season.

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    Stanford picks up WR Marvin Mims of Frisco Lone Star.

https://247sports.com/player/marvin-mims-46049311/

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    Buckley and Roach from 24/7 have put in UT crystal balls for WR Quentin Johnston of Temple.

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count

Hornscast Podcast recruiting notes:
    (Honestly this episode kind of sucked. I think Roach is struggling without EJ. It didn’t help that Howe didn’t stay on topic and kept talking about the team/current players during the recruiting segment. I think it’s because the class is almost complete and we’re about to see recruiting slow way down, at least for the ‘20 class.)

Airdate: 8/13/19
    Hosts: Mike Roach & Jeff Howe (recruiting segment)
    Link: https://podcasts.apple.com/us/podcast/longhorn-blitz/id1279981104#episodeGuid=ac90e038-be3c-11e9-8c59-175c42006a8f

Recruiting starts at 50min mark of the podcast (roughly 35min of recruiting content).

Princely Umanmielen:
    Had issues with 3 man front. A&M was selling him on being Myles Garrett. UT sold him on path to nfl being at the 4 tech like Malcolm Roach.

Ethan Pouncey:
    8 Int w/ 3 returned for TDs in junior year. Auburn was thought to lead when he committed. Great ball skills. May have best junior film in class. Really good kid like his brother. Tall and range-y.

Jerrin Thompson:
    4.61 40yd, 4.2 shuttle. Texas could have probably had him earlier but wanted to evaluate more.

Linebacker recruiting:
    Brennon Scott was told by staff they didn’t have room. He was seen as b-backer. UT should be done at linebacker with just Dorbah. We took 5 guys (assuming De’Gabriel Floyd returns) last year. (I still think we need more guys at the second level to help the elite d-line talent we’re bring in to stop the run game. I don’t feel like you can play football well with a bunch of 200lb safeties playing in the box on top of your d-line. I know it’s a passing league in the big 12 but OU will run the ball up your ass if you’re hoping to stop them with safeties. Not at all saying the staff doesn’t know what they’re doing, I’m just saying I’m not overly confident that we should be done recruiting run stopping linebackers bc the only guy we’ve signed, Dorbah, isn’t a run stopper.

DL Notes:
    Alfred Collins or bust. Nobody outside of a Bryan Bresee type will be taken.

OL Notes:
    Done at o-line barring any 5-stars wanting in.

WR Notes:
    Quentin Johnston is considered the prize on UTs board. Javian Hester leaning UT and staff would prob take his commitment at this point. (There were no LV Bunkley-Shelton updates. No updates on Johnny Wilson.)

‘20 class odds/ends:
    Roach said Ty Jordan, Q. Johnston, Collins, Hester, Eaton, Alford, and Bunkley-Shelton should be the end of the class (22 commits assuming we land all 7 of those kids. This would put us at 287.22 points. Top 5-7 ranked class.) Roach said he wants people to understand that the staff knows what they’re doing. Fans shouldn’t get down next year when things are slow/quiet. What’s happening now (the momentum we’re seeing) was the plan all along. Staff wanted to go hard in July/Aug to give themselves time to evaluate and complete the class before the season started so they can focus on football rather than recruiting. 2-3 new commitments by this time next week. Kids are starting to believe in Herman and what he’s doing. Expect this kind of recruiting success and the same evaluation tactics/time period the next few years. Staff isn’t really worried about A&M/Jimbo, they’re going to get the majority of these kids in head to head battles with A&M.

Edit: I’m not a professional note-taker and I’m most definitely not an insider. I try to ensure that I’m not putting words in the mouths of the analysts. Blast away if you think I missed the gist of what was said.
    great work yet again, Harvey. Thanks!

great work yet again, Harvey. Thanks!
    My pleasure. Y’all fellas have a good night.

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    S Xavion Alford (Pearland Shadow Creek)

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count

My Team
    Texas A&M Aggies
    Post Count
    A&m told Bobby Brown the same thing and now he's an interior DL. The same will happen with Leal.
    well, bobby brown is a beast of a human being at the moment so he has to be a DL. leal has the frame to really bulk up so i can see how he would potentially get big enough for the move to the interior, but he is also freakishly athletic so he has many of the traits you would want from an edge rusher. the times i saw him play, he was just dominant wherever the coaches put him, although he was a little easier to game plan when he was a DL. it will be interesting to see how he develops, physically speaking.

Drayton retweeted this today.

4-star ‘21 Brandon Campbell

https://247sports.com/Player/Brandon-Campbell-46058435/

Thread Information