Page 212 of 397 FirstFirst ... 112162202208209210211212213214215216222262312 ... LastLast
Results 5,276 to 5,300 of 9906
    My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count

https://247sports.com/Player/JaTavion-Sanders-46058800/
    24/7 spoke with Sanders for a while after his practice today and he told them a few things:

-Coach Giles and Coach Orlando are the coaches he speaks with the most.

-he grew up a UT fan and has lots of Longhorn fans in his family.

-he mentioned he has an idea of where he wants to go to school, and he could decide in the fall.

They believe Texas holds the edge here, and it helps that Denton Ryan has 2021 CB Billy Bowman and former UT FB Alex De La Torre coaches there.

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    24/7 checked in with a source recently for status on 2021 RB Camar Wheaton of Garland Lakeview Centennial.

While the departure of Coach Samples to SMU was a negative for UT and slowed his recruitment down, he still has the Longhorns high on his list.

He also has the best relationship with Coach Drayton.

https://247sports.com/Player/Camar-Wheaton-46050152/

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    24/7 checked in with a source recently for status on 2021 RB Camar Wheaton of Garland Lakeview Centennial.

While the departure of Coach Samples to SMU was a negative for UT and slowed his recruitment down, he still has the Longhorns high on his list.

He also has the best relationship with Coach Drayton.

https://247sports.com/Player/Camar-Wheaton-46050152/
    I really want to get Samples back. Lets hope that Drayton can work his magic with Wheaton.

A lot of Dez Bryant in that clip.

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count

OT but does anyone know where the Texas All-Access episodes can be streamed online?

The Eyes of Texas Are Upodcast (recruiting portion):

Hosts: Eric Nahlin, Joe Cook

Link to podcast: https://podcasts.apple.com/us/podcast/the-eyes-of-texas-are-upodcast/id1437547041#episodeGuid=f8d6236770214bf48111ba15d 178bd6e
    (recruiting segment starts at the beginning).

Jerrin Thompson:
    Great tackler. Very physical. Fits in the nickel back spot. UT did great job of keeping him warm while evaluating.

Princely Umanmielen:
    Head to head win over a&m. Again said that a&m was trying to convince him that he was Vonn Miller/Myles Garrett which he is not even comparable to. Joe said that he saw him play sop re year and Erick Fowler’s little brother was the most talented on the field and then again his junior year and Princely was obviously the best. Fits UTs scheme better than a&m’s. Good for recruiting because he was a local’ish prospect and we didn’t have to go out of state to get a Logan Redding type of kid. 6’4 250ish. Similar to TQ Graham.

Xavion Alford:
    One of the best films in state. Extremely instinctive and great vision. Great range. Plays faster than his 40. Not quite as physical as Jerrin. Will be ready early if there’s any available playing time. Always in the right spots. Football IQ is very, very good. Good athlete, elite IQ. Very vocal leader. Projects as field-side safety.

Quentin Johnston:
    Rare athlete. Explosive. Fluid. (Apply all the “athletic” cliches here). Temple doesn’t run a lot of routes from the route tree but QJ won’t have a problem bc of his breaks and quickness. Needs to work on hands but it isn’t a concern bc he’s never dropped balls in games or camps, just needs to work on securing the ball and bringing it in with hands rather than arms/body. Limas Sweed type of player.

Still on the board recruits.

Josh Eaton:
    Will be announcing commitment on Friday. Really raw but has loads of athletic ability. Will need to develop for a few years.

Ty Jordan:
    Will announce soon. More power than his size shows. Hard to tackle. Not small, just short. Others have used Ty Jordan types to torch Texas in the past bc the staff shied away from small stature. Reiterated that he’s not small. He’s very hard to grab and get on the ground bc of his strength, low center, and wiggle. Both hosts very high on him. Good route runner and good hands. Swiss Army knife type of player. Stout kid with a lot of juice. Very mature demeanor. Will be a fan fav (assuming he commits to UT. <—-winking face emoji)

Included Team notes:

QBs:
    -Casey Thompson starting to really come together as a college QB. Starting to compete with Ehlinger more every day. (Not the point of creating a controversy but his grasp on the game is becoming evident). Can win games with him if Ehlinger goes down (knock on wood).

-Sam Ehlinger doing Sam Ehlinger things. Making better judgements/reads.

RB’s:
    -Running back backups need to be ready to go. Ingram and Whittington both have injury prone histories. Daniel Young will get significant carries this year. Young is a good 3rd down guy. Powerful and good blocker. Selfless guy.

-Whittington is a very good running back. Go watch state game and you can see his natural abilities. Won’t pass Ingram this year but could after a year to grow into the role and eating.

WR’s:
    -Best group on the field. Collin Johnson is awesome. Great leader. Gotten bigger/stronger. Devin Duvernay didn’t work at slot when he first arrived on campus but he’s one of the best players and with Eagles really starting to show up, the staff had to find a place to get him in the game. Slot was the best place. Great route runner. Eagles is the best pure WR on the team. Amazing talent that will show as long as he’s healthy. Jake Smith will play this year. Too good to keep him off the field. Epps should have a boom or bust type of year. Showing really good athleticism and hands in practice. Not fast.

OL:
    -Much more depth. Will be much improved. Next year (‘20) will be even better. Angilau is a beast. Braun is even more of a beast. Kerstetter doing well inside at guard. Okafor doing “ok” at tackle. May see some more outside runs instead of everything occurring between the tackles. Shackelford has entrenched himself at center. Cosmi is doing good as expected. Tyler Johnson, Christian Jones, and Hookfin will be ready next year. May get some snaps but not anything significant.

TE:
    -Going to be a drop off in the blocking from Beck last year but an improvement in catching. TE roll may be slightly diminished. Year or two away from having the ideal guy they want.

Went through defense as well but it was all just rehashed/reheated media speak that we’ve heard since July.

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count

Sucks for the kid.

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    Demas is an obvious talent, but I'm beginning to think there is some issues that is going to get in the way of him being the player she should be. Off the field issues.

Demas is an obvious talent, but I'm beginning to think there is some issues that is going to get in the way of him being the player she should be. Off the field issues.
    Demas obviously loves the spotlight. It will be interesting to see how he deals with not having any media attention for an extended period of time, while the attention that would have been directed toward him is directed elsewhere.

That being said, in afternoon trading on the New York Stock Exchange, Jiffy Pop Pocorn is trading lower in after market trading.

My Team
    Texas A&M Aggies
    Post Count
    i don't know all of the details on the Demas situation, but the UIL doesn't exactly have the best track record either.

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    Days Until College Football

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    Dude is lucky to even have a seat to begin with. Only reason he still has a job is because they can't afford to fire him.

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    The Football Brainiacs were able to confirm that RB Ty Jordan of West Mesquite is committing before his season starts.

They believe a decision could go down any day in the next week.

4th and 5 Podcast

Hosts: Will Baizer, Joe Cook

Link to podcast: https://podcasts.apple.com/us/podcast/hornscast/id1087725144#episodeGuid=hornscast.podbean.com%2F4 th-and-5-bijan-robinson-interview-and-previewing-first-half-of-2019-season-5a3f6f82c610cfd151379fa7fdd046d5

Interview w/ Bijan Robinson:

Prefers Whataburger to In n’ Out (yes, for real).

Family atmosphere and great people drove him to Texas. Spoke of Coach Drayton and his faith in God as well as his coaching history of success.

His family had the best time at Texas.

The coaches at UT were the thing that stuck in his mind after his visit. Did well connecting with his family. Made him feel comfortable outside of just football.

On how the last week of his recruitment went: He did silent commit to Ohio state. He was pressured by coaches. They told him he had to commit by a certain date. When he committed he kept asking himself why he did it when UT and the staff had more to offer. It kept bugging him that he made the mistake with Ohio State so he switched a week and a half before he committed. Was a hard decision. Had to call Ohio State coaches. tOSU coaches took it professionally. Immediately called Herman and Drayton and told them and they were all very excited.

Looking forward to the culture in Austin. Loves the city. Not a 6th street type of guy. Not a partier. Very close to his family.

Said his strengths are his explosiveness. Needs to work on his looseness with the ball. Said his vision is his greatest strength.

He feels similar to Saquon Barkley, Kamara, and Reggie.

Out of all the recruits from the different schools that were recruiting him, Logan Parr and him talked the most. He’s close to Logan. He likes Hudson Card and they talk a lot as well.

Traveling to El Paso for 3rd game of season. (9/13 vs Del Valle. I’ll be traveling out to see it from DFW for anyone interested in ride sharing.) UT coaches will be there.

Loves longhorn nation and support we’ve shown and can’t wait to experience all the love.
    Last edited by Harvey88210; 08-21-2019 at 08:41 AM.

Thread Information