Page 293 of 397 FirstFirst ... 193243283289290291292293294295296297303343393 ... LastLast
Results 7,301 to 7,325 of 9906
    My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    I'm at a loss for words.

1. A big reason why we are having so many DB injuries is because they are doing all the tackling. I'd personally like to see our dline and linebackers make a few tackles. I love Giles and Orlando, but they aren't doing their jobs and if this is the best they can do then I'm ready to push these guys out.

2. Our special teams is still making stupid mistakes, I've been ready for wareheim to go since year one, well I hope he has his resume ready. Herman needs to make changes, we are taking steps back not forward. I know Kansas is getting better, they have a pretty good coach, but still no reason for this crap to happen.

3. What has happened to our offensive line? This one has really puzzled me, we have good talent, but some how forget how to work as a unit. I'm really hoping this becomes a wakeup call for this team. I guess losing to blowu wasn't enough we have to lose to teams who shouldn't be on the field with us.

4. As far as I'm concerned this was a loss, and we should treat it as such. This team doesn't deserve to be a top 20 team. Blame it on injuries, but facts are facts. The front 7 are putting our DBs in position that they have to make all the tackles and the results are we are running out of bodies.

5. I'm now at the point I think we need to part ways with a few coaches.

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    So Floss, are we going to talk about potential coaches or are we going to wait until someone's been fired, to keep this thread somewhat on-topic?

I didn't get to watch the game yesterday, but I will tomorrow. Can someone tell me if the defense looked better than against OU or if Orlando does seem to be in way over his head?

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    So Floss, are we going to talk about potential coaches or are we going to wait until someone's been fired, to keep this thread somewhat on-topic?

I didn't get to watch the game yesterday, but I will tomorrow. Can someone tell me if the defense looked better than against OU or if Orlando does seem to be in way over his head?
    The defense was worse and the 4th quarter was atrocious giving up 24 points.

To avoid being dramatic, I want to see how the team does down the stretch, but I have a hard time believing there won't be some changes despite Herman's fierce loyalty to his guys.

Report back if you can make it through the whole game without turning it off.

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    Texas stays at #15 in the AP.

my unders, my frgn whites pgardn's Avatar
    My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    Texas stays at #15 in the AP.
    The press does not watch the games.

We have got to be underdogs to TCU in Fort Worth, right?

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count

Texas +2.5 vs TCU.

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count

Watching the collapse benefactor's Avatar
    My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    Pretenders tbh

The Offense scored 48 points including the winning field goal on a drive of about 1:10. Why does the best offensive coaching staff of last 10 years need to get fired again? Was it the coaches fault that Sam threw a dumb interception deep in our territory in the 4q? Was it the coaches fault Jake Smith fumbled deep in our territory in the 4q? No that’s on the players.

The defense is is decimated by injuries. Sterns out. McCulloch out. BJ one arm bandit. Green out. Thompson out. Roach out in 1st half. Brandon out in 4q when our d had to stop drives of 15 yards and 30 yards due to dumb turnovers. Chris Brown out. Yes our d sucked but it’s due to INJURIES.

If the players have to learn a new offense and defense every year because our chicken little fans demand it then our team will be worse once healthy.

Btw this is the same staff that beat Georgia and OU in Dallas last year. And we held OU to 10 points in the 1st half last week then injuries and ejections caught up with us.
    Last edited by GregoryJim; 10-20-2019 at 03:38 PM.

Boise State which was #14 and undefeated suffered their first loss yesterday so we would have likely jumped a spot or so if we lay it on Kansas but of course that didn’t happen.

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    The Offense scored 48 points including the winning field goal on a drive of about 1:10. Why does the best offensive coaching staff of last 10 years need to get fired again? Was it the coaches fault that Sam threw a dumb interception deep in our territory in the 4q? Was it the coaches fault Jake Smith fumbled deep in our territory in the 4q? No that’s on the players.

The defense is is decimated by injuries. Sterns out. McCulloch out. BJ one arm bandit. Green out. Thompson out. Roach out in 1st half. Brandon out in 4q when our d had to stop drives of 15 yards and 30 yards due to dumb turnovers. Chris Brown out. Yes our d sucked but it’s due to INJURIES.

If the players have to learn a new offense and defense every year because our chicken little fans demand it then our team will be worse once healthy.

Btw this is the same staff that beat Georgia and OU in Dallas year. And we held OU to 10 points in the 1st half last week then injuries and ejections caught up with us.
    Welcome aboard and post more.

I believe the biggest issue is that the Texas defensive scheme is the definition of insanity right now, especially on 3rd downs. I'm willing to give them time to right the ship, but it's not going to be pretty the rest of this year with the injuries on D. I can see Herman bringing in a CO-DC next year to help on D and caning someone from the offensive staff. It's beyond me to have a 6 to 4 split anyways.

If Texas can somehow find away to beat TCU next week, then they have a bye week and can get some players back. We need Sterns healthy in a bad way right now.

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count

Btw this is the same staff that beat Georgia and OU in Dallas year. And we held OU to 10 points in the 1st half last week then injuries and ejections caught up with us.
    I actually am more upset with the offensive line.
    Did you watch the game? 48 points does not tell the whole story.
    Our offensive line blocked very well for some runs, but then just horrible for passes that take some time to develop and just completely missed the same assignments on twists again. The last drive actually had some quick throws that broke for gains.

Also of note. Kansas missed 2 field goals and had numerous horrible penalties that set them back and actually let us stop some of their drives.

I also see the late gains we made last year. We got better.
    So wtf is going on?
    That game was horrible. Coming out of another horrible game in which a 7 pt game was more like a 24 pt game.
    I personally have not called for the firing of anyone, but the obvious lack of consistently and the same dumb special team mistakes on kickoffs... inexcusable. get it fixed.

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    Did anyone else see we had a walk on playing DB in the 4th quarter last night? Who could've thought that going into the season. I'm not making excuses for our horrible D, but this puts a little more perspective on how bad-off we're in the injury department at the moment on D.

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    Did anyone else see we had a walk on playing DB in the 4th quarter last night? Who could've thought that going into the season. I'm not making excuses for our horrible D, but this puts a little more perspective on how bad-off we're in the injury department at the moment on D.
    Yep,
    MAson the RB volunteer.
    The preparation part was notable. People did not know where they were supposed to be.
    We even called a timeout to get set in the secondary and it did not happen.
    Are the defensive backfield assignments to difficult for the new group, simplify then.

I forgot Kansas also dropped a very open TD but scored later anyway to add to my post above.

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count

Btw this is the same staff that beat Georgia and OU in Dallas last year. And we held OU to 10 points in the 1st half last week then injuries and ejections caught up with us.
    If we are looking at coaching changes. the first that needs to go is Wareheim. He is a good guy but he is poison to whatever position he coaches. be it the offensive line, or TEs or special teams. he can't recruit worth a damn. He should have been fired after year 1. So now he absolutely needs to go.

I'm now open to Orlando leaving. I want to point something out to you. Look at our top 10 tacklers this year. What you will see is 3 linebackers and 7 Dbs. What you won't see is a defensive linemen. The top 2 defensive linemen in tackles are coming in at #12 and 13. Is there a better indictment of how badly our scheme is. We need to make wholesale changes or we are going to start getting some de-commitments I Know I wouldn't want to play in a scheme like this. If Orlando can't or is unwilling to make changes he needs to go.

Bad defensive permormances to Oklahoma and LSU is one thing, but that was a real stinker against the worst team in the conference. I don't care how much lipstick Herman puts on that pig, it's still a pig.

I'm at a loss for words.
    1. A big reason why we are having so many DB injuries is because they are doing all the tackling. I'd personally like to see our dline and linebackers make a few tackles. I love Giles and Orlando, but they aren't doing their jobs and if this is the best they can do then I'm ready to push these guys out.
    2. Our special teams is still making stupid mistakes, I've been ready for wareheim to go since year one, well I hope he has his resume ready. Herman needs to make changes, we are taking steps back not forward. I know Kansas is getting better, they have a pretty good coach, but still no reason for this crap to happen.
    3. What has happened to our offensive line? This one has really puzzled me, we have good talent, but some how forget how to work as a unit. I'm really hoping this becomes a wakeup call for this team. I guess losing to blowu wasn't enough we have to lose to teams who shouldn't be on the field with us.
    4. As far as I'm concerned this was a loss, and we should treat it as such. This team doesn't deserve to be a top 20 team. Blame it on injuries, but facts are facts. The front 7 are putting our DBs in position that they have to make all the tackles and the results are we are running out of bodies.
    4. Front 7? when was the last time Texas ran a defensive alignment with a front 7? They are not going to regularly get pressure with only three down linemen; therefore, as a consequence, they have to bring one or two backs (LB or DB) to try and sneak into the backfield - this isnt working - and all it does is open up the second level to exploitation in the passing attack and open field for running.

1. If you are going to only have a 3, 5 or 6 defensive front and all or part of that front is to rush the QB, then, yeah, your DBs will make the majority of tackles and will invariably have the most injuries, esp if they use bad technique. If your base D is nickle and dime with an 8 DB set sprinkled in, then of course they will get the most tackles.
    How can they have 6 or 8 DBs and such wide open receivers? they could have man-on-man underneath and STILL have cover 2 or 3 over the top. Who is teaching these DBs to NOT look for the ball? they could have had several interceptions yesterday if all they did was look for the ball that was thrown short. Who is teaching these guys to look down and leave their feet leading with the forearm and shoulder?

I generally dont even look at polls or stats until after the 6th game of the season because they are skewed by the OOC schedule, however, by the 8th game (after the 7th) I think we are able to identify real trends; Texas is 119th in total defense, which is horrible, but passing yards allowed is 126th out of 130 teams and that is simply unacceptable - something HAS to change.

3. The OL run blocking is not adequate and it should be against every team in this conference except 0U and that is surprising. This offense needs a real dual threat TE; some of the best runs come when Cosmi is an unbalanced line in the TE position. That should not have to be the case with an experienced line in this conference.

2. ST play is absolutely mind-boggling. Some (most?) of these players have been holding a football since they were in diapers and, yet, they make some of the most boneheaded mistakes - I dont get it. And, some of the worst offenders are not even the freshmen; last week the seniors were screwing up.

My Team
    Colorado Buffaloes
    Post Count

The entire secondary is hurt because they're making all of the tackles. The front seven or 6, whatever this defense runs is either getting gashed or not applying pressure. Also, they don't know how to tackle, that's on coaching. Guys are lowering their heads into the ball carriers and getting hurt.

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    4. Front 7? when was the last time Texas ran a defensive alignment with a front 7? They are not going to regularly get pressure with only three down linemen; therefore, as a consequence, they have to bring one or two backs (LB or DB) to try and sneak into the backfield - this isnt working - and all it does is open up the second level to exploitation in the passing attack and open field for running.

1. If you are going to only have a 3, 5 or 6 defensive front and all or part of that front is to rush the QB, then, yeah, your DBs will make the majority of tackles and will invariably have the most injuries, esp if they use bad technique. If your base D is nickle and dime with an 8 DB set sprinkled in, then of course they will get the most tackles.
    How can they have 6 or 8 DBs and such wide open receivers? they could have man-on-man underneath and STILL have cover 2 or 3 over the top. Who is teaching these DBs to NOT look for the ball? they could have had several interceptions yesterday if all they did was look for the ball that was thrown short. Who is teaching these guys to look down and leave their feet leading with the forearm and shoulder?

I generally dont even look at polls or stats until after the 6th game of the season because they are skewed by the OOC schedule, however, by the 8th game (after the 7th) I think we are able to identify real trends; Texas is 119th in total defense, which is horrible, but passing yards allowed is 126th out of 130 teams and that is simply unacceptable - something HAS to change.

3. The OL run blocking is not adequate and it should be against every team in this conference except 0U and that is surprising. This offense needs a real dual threat TE; some of the best runs come when Cosmi is an unbalanced line in the TE position. That should not have to be the case with an experienced line in this conference.

2. ST play is absolutely mind-boggling. Some (most?) of these players have been holding a football since they were in diapers and, yet, they make some of the most boneheaded mistakes - I dont get it. And, some of the worst offenders are not even the freshmen; last week the seniors were screwing up.
    Your right, it's a mis-name on my part, our front 5 is putting our dbs in position where they have to make all the tackles.

Orlando/Giles can't see that Ta'quon Graham is a DT playing DE, you would think his lack of production would be a hint. Coburn is good where he is, but moving him over to a 3i along with Graham would make much more sense. Ossai as a WDE would put him in much better position to make plays. Or at the very least start Roach on the strong side and Bimage on the weak side.

A 4-2-5 defense trumps our crappy 3-2-6 or whatever you wish to call it.

As for our offensive line. I'm totally at a loss except we need to call a little more max protect and quit acting like these guys don't need help. Shackleford and Braun over the last 2 games have been getting owned. It's starting to get embarrassing.

Yes there is a lot of injuries on defense how ever defense was no better before the injuries IMO. Some say Kanasas off. looked good. It was thier off. cord. first game. He had two weeks to prepare.Texas defense coaches have had all year.

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count

Thread Information