Page 301 of 397 FirstFirst ... 201251291297298299300301302303304305311351 ... LastLast
Results 7,501 to 7,525 of 9906
    my unders, my frgn whites pgardn's Avatar
    My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    Fixin' to sell my soul for Urban.

I will kill myself first and let you guys live with it.
    Till the mental breakdown comes from Urb.

Lying sob...

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    So who is realistically available? And who might be a stretch, but might give us hope. And yes, I'm taking Herman replacement. Not recruits.

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    So who is realistically available? And who might be a stretch, but might give us hope. And yes, I'm taking Herman replacement. Not recruits.
    Herman isn't getting fired.

I would focus on coordinators, and like Inside Texas mentioned this evening, it's time for Herman to prepare to bring in an OC and give him control.

Herman isn't capable of calling plays and being a game manager.

my unders, my frgn whites pgardn's Avatar
    My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    I refuse to give up on our team.
    I will just lower expectations.

We knew if Sam had a bad game we would lose. And we have had a load of injuries. The most unexpected thing for me is how bad our O-line has been. We knew the D was a problem before the season except for the secondary (well maybe at CB but our safeties would help) Well guess what... We knew RB depth was awful and guess what... But the Oline?

Herman isn't getting fired.

I would focus on coordinators, and like Inside Texas mentioned this evening, it's time for Herman to prepare to bring in an OC and give him control.

Herman isn't capable of calling plays and being a game manager.

That begs the question, who are the possible coordinators out there that could make an immediate impact without having to take a step back?

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    That begs the question, who are the possible coordinators out there that could make an immediate impact without having to take a step back?
    I am more or less talking out loud because I haven't been able to digest the loss yet, but I'll answer with this.

Herman isn't Del Conte's hire, and starting over with new coordinators in Year 3 or 4 is not a good sign. Who will want to step into that?

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count

That makes sense. If the season ends like many Texas fans are assuming, there will definitely be changes. As disappointed and frustrated as I am with seemingly being in a "Groundhog Day" experience, it does occur to me that we are seeing the results of poor coaching/recruiting decisions over the previous decade. Makes me wonder if there are some underlying issues that other programs do not deal with that are keeping UT from reaching the level we all want to see? Living in the NE corner of sooner country, I do not hear much about the day to day of the program. That makes me all the more appreciative of insiders and boards such as this one. Thanks to all.

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    OC's are hard to come by but I would look at offenses that are both putting up big numbers and putting guys in the league. Let's start with the OC in Norman, we can out bid to gooners for him since it's probably going to be Riley leaving for the NFL. Then I would look at the OC in LSU or one of the New Orleans Saints OCs. That dude worked wonders on the LSU offense.

DC is easier. I'd look first at the two guys we have already on campus, Beaty and Ash, if neither is what we are looking for then next I'd look at Jerry Gray and finally I'd look at the DCs in Ohio State and Bama.

Of course we could maybe money whip Aranda (sp).

I like Giles and our RB coach, and hand, but all the others are now up for grabs.

If this doesn't work then Tom has to go.

If we get rid of Tom I'm looking hard at the dude in Iowa State and maybe pulling an aggsy and money whipping a big name like Urban or dare I say it. Dabo.

What are you drinking? I want some. Unless you’re a long game troll and it was all built for this moment.

Nobody from OU is coming to Texas even if Riley gets an NFL gig. Rinsing and repeating what LSU did from the Saints isn’t gonna happen and also is fools gold. Herman also happens to have been hired for his offensive philosophy. So if you don’t like that skip to your point on moving on.

On defense, Aranda isn’t coming here and it’s not easier than O. Who on this staff gives you confidence they can take over and do better? Beaty isn’t on campus and also happens to be an offensive coach (Ash isn’t on campus either). Where I’m convinced you’re a troll is by your Jerry Gray, Bama DC or OSU DC fix. That’s the dumbest thing put on a Texas message board today.

The only thing you said which which made sense is the look at Matt Campbell thing (that dude in Iowa State) but even then he isn’t built to win this league.

Long time lurker, first time poster. Couldn’t let this bull slide.

OC's are hard to come by but I would look at offenses that are both putting up big numbers and putting guys in the league. Let's start with the OC in Norman, we can out bid to gooners for him since it's probably going to be Riley leaving for the NFL. Then I would look at the OC in LSU or one of the New Orleans Saints OCs. That dude worked wonders on the LSU offense.

DC is easier. I'd look first at the two guys we have already on campus, Beaty and Ash, if neither is what we are looking for then next I'd look at Jerry Gray and finally I'd look at the DCs in Ohio State and Bama.

Of course we could maybe money whip Aranda (sp).

I like Giles and our RB coach, and hand, but all the others are now up for grabs.

If this doesn't work then Tom has to go.

If we get rid of Tom I'm looking hard at the dude in Iowa State and maybe pulling an aggsy and money whipping a big name like Urban or dare I say it. Dabo.
    WTF?! Everyone knows Lincoln Riley is still the playcaller for OU even after becoming the Head Coach. Most people don't even know who the the current non-playcalling OC for OU is without looking it up. I sure don't. It would just make more sense to hire a proven Air Raid OC playcaller like Doug Meacham instead of hiring OU's no-name unproven OC.

Also David Beatty is an offensive guy, not a defensive guy. He was the WR Coach on Kevin Sumlin's A&M staff before he took the KU Head Coaching job.

My Team
    Texas Tech Red Raiders
    Post Count
    What are you drinking? I want some. Unless you’re a long game troll and it was all built for this moment.

Nobody from OU is coming to Texas even if Riley gets an NFL gig. Rinsing and repeating what LSU did from the Saints isn’t gonna happen and also is fools gold. Herman also happens to have been hired for his offensive philosophy. So if you don’t like that skip to your point on moving on.

On defense, Aranda isn’t coming here and it’s not easier than O. Who on this staff gives you confidence they can take over and do better? Beaty isn’t on campus and also happens to be an offensive coach (Ash isn’t on campus either). Where I’m convinced you’re a troll is by your Jerry Gray, Bama DC or OSU DC fix. That’s the dumbest thing put on a Texas message board today.

The only thing you said which which made sense is the look at Matt Campbell thing (that dude in Iowa State) but even then he isn’t built to win this league.

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    This is reason enough, for me, to put Herman on notice.

This season is a huge disappointment. I know he has to say that he stands by his coaches right now but after the tech game changes needs to be made. Very unimaginative offense. Pathetic defense that is predictable

Cheer-up,before long it will be basketball season. Cough-cough. Then it will be baseball season.Cough-cough.Well I guess we are ____ked.

Cheer-up,before long it will be basketball season. Cough-cough. Then it will be baseball season.Cough-cough.Well I guess we are ____ked.
    Go Spurs Go

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count

STFU Blair, your stupid is clear as glass.

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    This is reason enough, for me, to put Herman on notice.
    I'm with you, that pissed me off. It's time for CDC to step up and force the changes that need to be made.

Thread Information