Page 329 of 397 FirstFirst ... 229279319325326327328329330331332333339379 ... LastLast
Results 8,201 to 8,225 of 9906
    My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    It wouldn't surprise me if Chris Ash is part of the answer on D. Even if Herman keeps Orlando as DC, Ash would make a great assistant.

O side of ball is where you'll see the most changes, including a new OC, imo.

“If we can get Urban you fire Herman immediately. If we can't, for whatever reason, then I can see an argument for one more year. Doesn't mean it's correct but the only way anyone should argue Herman should stay is if Urban isn't available. Every attempt should be made to hire Urban now.”

I saw this posted on the Shag/Surly and couldn’t agree more. Urban has the “10 wins isn’t enough” mindset, Herman has the “Welp, let’s be the best in our state” mindset.

Not that the fans need more supporting evidence considering the results from the past 10 years but these next few months will show what mindset the AD & big money donors have.
    Last edited by Dennis the Menace; 11-30-2019 at 04:56 PM.

Post Count
    Herman should be back in my opinion. Absolutely need a new OC though. And I like Urban but if we got him, you can’t expect him to be a long term solution given his history but maybe that doesn’t matter.

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    Per OrangeBloods, the staff will be back in the office tomorrow and Herman is expected to have individual meetings.

They are anticipating up to three coaches to be let go in the first round of firings.

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count

Post Count
    Someone please explain to me how a guy with 103 receptions and 1200+ yards is not a finalist for Biletnikoff award? How is that possible? Highway robbery. , he wasn't even a semi-finalist (or top 12).
    Last edited by texbound; 11-30-2019 at 08:28 PM.

I've never been a conspiracy guy but I don't think anyone in the national media is going to recognize a Longhorn player until they are consistently challenging for the B12 Championships. I can't help but think there is a large number of them relishing the last decade of Texas struggles.

On another note, I can not for the life of me understand the $ec rational for protecting the aggies from a bowl game against Texas. Most would believe they are clearly superior and beating Texas would be a recruiting victory for a&m and the conference. Kick the dog while its down so to speak. Of course a loss to Texas could be disastrous to the aggie illusion.

my unders, my frgn whites pgardn's Avatar
    My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    Urban Meyer

NO
    NEVER

EVER

my unders, my frgn whites pgardn's Avatar
    My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    so they expect the Aggies to get a high level game?
    what, so they can get crushed?

they are every bit as bad as we are
    their offense totally sucks

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    so they expect the Aggies to get a high level game?
    what, so they can get crushed?

they are every bit as bad as we are
    their offense totally sucks
    he is saying that they’ll both be in a low level game and the SEC won’t match them there. If they were both playing a high level game, then maybe they’d get matched.

Someone please explain to me how a guy with 103 receptions and 1200+ yards is not a finalist for Biletnikoff award? How is that possible? Highway robbery. , he wasn't even a semi-finalist (or top 12).
    Dev. is good but so are a lot of other WRS.A great year for the WR position Check some of the other WR stats. Winning also helps in most adwards.

“If we can get Urban you fire Herman immediately. If we can't, for whatever reason, then I can see an argument for one more year. Doesn't mean it's correct but the only way anyone should argue Herman should stay is if Urban isn't available. Every attempt should be made to hire Urban now.”

I saw this posted on the Shag/Surly and couldn’t agree more. Urban has the “10 wins isn’t enough” mindset, Herman has the “Welp, let’s be the best in our state” mindset.

Not that the fans need more supporting evidence considering the results from the past 10 years but these next few months will show what mindset the AD & big money donors have.
    I still don't know where so many people consider that heavily the possibility of Urban Meyer and Texas. The way the University runs things--including football--it just almost assuredly isn't happening. UM has too much baggage to be even a really serious candidate. I don't mean that they won't allow him to pass thru their thoughts, but only so briefly IMO.

That's unfortunate, but he may counting on Texas firing Drayton.
    from what I recall, that mod doesn't have a very good accuracy rating for these kinds of predictions, and he may have gotten that info from a shaky second-hand source per what I was reading on IT regarding it.
    hope that's the case, of course

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count

Talent is our problem.

How many guys played on offense today that will start in NFL? The answer is 1 - dev duv. None of the tes or OL is a probable nfl starter. The maybes are cosmi and Ingram (who was hurt).

In 2005, how many nfl starters on offense? The whole Ol except for Kasey. Jamal Charles at rb. David Thomas. Vince.

Shipley quan and colt were on the roster but didn’t play.

Compare that 2005 defense in nfl talent to this team? Night and day.

Basically, we had bama talent back then and won w/ Greg Davis as o coord.

Last point. How many guys from LSU will be picked in 1st 3 rounds in draft compared to us? It going to be like 10 to 1. But it’s all because our coaches suck??? No. LSU has coach o who can’t coach but he can RECRUIT talent and they had lotta talent when he took over.
    if talent is the problem, why can a Baylor or a Minnesota win around 10 games? Sure, you can say those are pretty rare exceptions, but the reality is that our talent exceeds any in the conference except maybe OU's, and they're about on par with one another.

So, yeah, coaching is a big problem. I'm not saying they don't do anything well nor that they don't try hard. The problem among many things include a poor distribution between offensive and defensive assistants. But, yeah, the talent is much better than 7-5. Even if you factor in injuries, which were numerous, we should have been looking at about 9-3. And one of those wins was a home game against a Kansas squad that we had to eek out a last moment win vs, the same team that Baylor obliterated the other day, 61-6.

I'm ready for Texas to start optimizing the talent it has: not do less with it than expected.

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count

1. Ou has,had more talent than us (cd lamb, Baker, their OL, hurts, kyler, etc). Don’t take my word for it just look at the draft.

2. Our current team has significantly less talent than UT between 2003 - 2009. Again, don’t take my word for it just look at the draft. That explains why Mack/Greg Davis won 10+ yearly and we cannot win 10 games each year now.

3. We CAN win 10 games in a year (like last year) but we can’t have a slew of injuries, games with 4 flukey interceptions, win a non-con game against #1/2 LSU, etc because our talent edge is not overwhelming.

4. Baylor’s and Minnesota’s awesome coaches can’t win 10 games every year. Just look at their records last year.

5. Baylor and Minnesota would have more losses if they played LSU (Causing a slew of d injuries), had our offensive injuries (rb, Collin) and had a 4 interception game.

6. Herman is a way better coach than the Cookie Monster. It’s not even close. Emfinger isn’t the world’s greatest o coord. But LSU is undefeated. How can that happen w the worst head coach in the sec west? Overwhelming talent. Don’t take my word for it just look and see how many LSU guys get drafted compared to aggy, UT, ole miss, arky.

If we are getting new coaches to get instate guys like Jk Dobbins, Waddle, Hurts, Greg Little, to be horns great. But we don’t need to fire virtually the whole staff to do that. Just bring in 2-3 new coaches at most.
    Last edited by GregoryJim; 12-01-2019 at 04:32 PM.

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    When can I help Tim Beck pack? And that also that dude who s in recruits toilets and stops them up?

Thread Information