Page 333 of 397 FirstFirst ... 233283323329330331332333334335336337343383 ... LastLast
Results 8,301 to 8,325 of 9906
    My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    LB Jaqwondis Burns of IMG Academy has de-committed from Ole Miss.

https://247sports.com/player/jaqwondis-burns-46078938/

Scalley and Lake were option 1A and 1B already struck out there!

Why does nobody want Chris Ash besides the facts that he couldnt cut it at Rutgers and he is a comfort hire?

Philosophy?

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    There is a rumor on the Arkansas 24/7 board that Coach Warehime could be headed there.

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count

That stinks. Wishing the best for this young man in his life.

Wouldn’t he still be able to receive a degree from Texas. He makes it seem as if he’s leaving the school, not sure if that’s the case. Best of luck to him.

Why does nobody want Chris Ash besides the facts that he couldnt cut it at Rutgers and he is a comfort hire?

Philosophy?
    I don’t know much about the guy but just as a fan it doesn’t excite me. Typically it’s a good thing when you’re an Alabama or Ohio State defense and one of the assistants is called up to fill a role and carry the torch for an existing great defense. We’re promoting someone currently on staff to right the entire ship and if he was on staff to assist in some way with this horrible defense we had I don’t see how this would cut it. Hope we could do better than this.

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count

Philosophy?
    You hit the nail on the head! Because some feel he’d be a “comfort hire” for Herman and we all know how a bunch of those original comfort hires turned out. I for one feel he’s probably the best option that’s available, since Scalley has said no. I’d have no issues at all with Ash, if Herman brings him on board. He has won a championship at a P5 program.
    Last edited by texas4ever; 12-02-2019 at 06:46 PM.

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    Replacing Chris Ash Will Be Urban Meyer's Biggest Challenge Yet at Ohio State (from 2015)

https://bleacherreport.com/articles/2596467

From the above report...

"Ash was charged with overhauling the Buckeyes defense and implementing his more aggressive press quarters scheme in place of a system that had become all too accustomed to giving up big plays."

doesn't seem like we will get the 4-3 most fans want.

I guess as long as the defensive coordinator makes adjustments and presses the opposing receivers, we should be much better off. Teams could have did a 5 yard hook every play and got 5 yards against TO. And I like TO, he just didn't adjust like Muschamp did.

Also, please have Ossai rush the passer 80% of the time. Linebackers need to be trained much harder
    Last edited by woofwoof; 12-02-2019 at 09:07 PM.

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    Per OrangeBloods, OL JP Urquidez, walk-on QB Sam Saxton and walk-on K Chris Naggar will enter the transfer portal.

Urquidez participated in the Senior Day activities last Friday and will be a graduate transfer.

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    Per OrangeBloods, OL JP Urquidez, walk-on QB Sam Saxton and walk-on K Chris Naggar will enter the transfer portal.

Urquidez participated in the Senior Day activities last Friday and will be a graduate transfer.
    Wow. Devastating. I don’t know how the program will move forward with this tremendous loss.

well bye meme insert

my unders, my frgn whites pgardn's Avatar
    My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    Have we heard anything from Logan Parr as far as sticking with us like a number of other 2020's?

And did he have a good enough season that we want to hear from him?

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    Have we heard anything from Logan Parr as far as sticking with us like a number of other 2020's?

And did he have a good enough season that we want to hear from him?
    Yes and yes

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    I think some of these recruits understand it’s about them in a couple of years and not the current players/coaches/schemes

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    So we lost two walk-ons and a linemen that never sniffed the field.

Okay, that hurt. No seriously, I wish them all the best of luck. I guess losing our punter does suck, but that is life. I guess we don't punt.

As for the talk about Chris Ash. I for one am happy to have him if we chose him and he chooses us. My biggest thing is I don't know how he will do against the offenses of the Big 12. It's one thing to play great defense against the offenses of the Big 10, it's quite another to do so in the Big 12. Also would have been nice to take a DC that could also let us steal a few recruits.

my unders, my frgn whites pgardn's Avatar
    My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    So we lost two walk-ons and a linemen that never sniffed the field.

Okay, that hurt. No seriously, I wish them all the best of luck. I guess losing our punter does suck, but that is life. I guess we don't punt.

As for the talk about Chris Ash. I for one am happy to have him if we chose him and he chooses us. My biggest thing is I don't know how he will do against the offenses of the Big 12. It's one thing to play great defense against the offenses of the Big 10, it's quite another to do so in the Big 12. Also would have been nice to take a DC that could also let us steal a few recruits.
    I think this is what got Orlando so bound up. We were supposed to be bend but dont break. It did not work. We gave up big plays and they drove the field.

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    Inside Texas had an update this morning and they're now saying Chris Ash is the floor for UT's defensive coordinator search, meaning there are other names ahead of him currently.

They don't believe it's nearly as likely he ends up being the hire since Texas is aiming a lot higher.

For the offense, Graham Harrell is THE guy and they believe it's encouraging that they aren't hearing any other names on that front.

They do think Helton will be fired at USC, but things could potentially change a lot if Meyer is hired.

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    From The Football Brainiacs yesterday...

- Del Conte has basically given Herman a blank check for his hires, and he's said in the past money won't be the sole reason UT doesn't get a coach they want/need.

- based on that philosophy, they don't believe Chris Ash is at all a foregone conclusion and Herman is thinking much bigger.

Thread Information