Page 337 of 397 FirstFirst ... 237287327333334335336337338339340341347387 ... LastLast
Results 8,401 to 8,425 of 9906
    My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count

I’ll never forget we had a chance to hire him and chose Charlie instead....

I’ll never forget we had a chance to hire him and chose Charlie instead....
    James Franklin NEVER excited me at all. He still doesn't. It wasn't a good look for him when he went 7-6 in each of his first 2 seasons at Penn State & abandoned his offense to to hire Joe Moorhead as OC.

Let's hope Tom Herman hiring a new OC works out the same way it did for James Franklin at Penn State.

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    Inside Texas reporting Coach Hand spent most of the day at Fort Worth All Saints today checking on the Brockermeyers.

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    James Franklin NEVER excited me at all. He still doesn't. It wasn't a good look for him when he went 7-6 in each of his first 2 seasons at Penn State & abandoned his offense to to hire Joe Moorhead as OC.

Let's hope Tom Herman hiring a new OC works out the same way it did for James Franklin at Penn State.
    I think he would drown in the Big XII offensively.

He's a better fit where he is.

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    Herman checking out 2021 WR JoJo Earle of Aledo and the HC of Ennis is the father of Graham Harrell.

Not a bad choice of game, huh?

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    Brutal.

welp 2 questions: should we go after Oregon's OC and are we still going to go after Morgan Scalley?

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    welp 2 questions: should we go after Oregon's OC and are we still going to go after Morgan Scalley?
    Have you only watch one football game all season?

Have you only watch one football game all season?
    Nope I've suffered/rejoiced through all Texas games this year. Did watch Utah lose to USC and have reviewed Utahs A&M-like schedule. Sorry beating BYU and Washington (when both are really medicore) doesn't make me overly joyous to bring him in. On the other hand, Oregons OC looked pretty good against Auburn and pretty good tonight. Also is a possible hire for HC at UNLV. Doesnt seem like many Big Name schools are going after him so why not us?

Granted you asking a smart-ass question and maybe didnt want me to go in depth but figured I'd take a higher road and explain my questions rather than take this to 24/7 level.

BYU 30-12
    NIU 35-17
    Idaho State 31-0
    USC 23-30 (L)
    WSU 38-13
    ORST 52-7
    (17) ASU 21-3
    CAL 35-0
    WASH 33-28
    UCLA 49-3
    ARIZ 35-7
    COLO 45-15
    (13)OREGON 15-37

2 ranked opponents (1-1) UT went (1-3) wins-losses

Nobody scored a crazy amount of points but it isnt like they played offenses as fast as the ones (and as skilled) week in and out as we do in our conference.

I just want to win...
    Last edited by woofwoof; 12-07-2019 at 01:12 AM.

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    Fair enough.

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count

my unders, my frgn whites pgardn's Avatar
    My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    Nope I've suffered/rejoiced through all Texas games this year. Did watch Utah lose to USC and have reviewed Utahs A&M-like schedule. Sorry beating BYU and Washington (when both are really medicore) doesn't make me overly joyous to bring him in. On the other hand, Oregons OC looked pretty good against Auburn and pretty good tonight. Also is a possible hire for HC at UNLV. Doesnt seem like many Big Name schools are going after him so why not us?

Granted you asking a smart-ass question and maybe didnt want me to go in depth but figured I'd take a higher road and explain my questions rather than take this to 24/7 level.

BYU 30-12
    NIU 35-17
    Idaho State 31-0
    USC 23-30 (L)
    WSU 38-13
    ORST 52-7
    (17) ASU 21-3
    CAL 35-0
    WASH 33-28
    UCLA 49-3
    ARIZ 35-7
    COLO 45-15
    (13)OREGON 15-37

2 ranked opponents (1-1) UT went (1-3) wins-losses

Nobody scored a crazy amount of points but it isnt like they played offenses as fast as the ones (and as skilled) week in and out as we do in our conference.

I just want to win...
    This really get to the heart of the problem.
    We take the current shiny object as it has not had the environment to get tainted.
    This evaluation of coaches needs to take some time.
    But then for recruiting purposes and to get people on board and acquainted, we need it fast... This is tough..

At one time we were sure Orlando was gone off to a head coaching job and were worried about how to replace him. So we shoved money at him. Same deal with Muschamp (coach in waiting). I really want people who know how to teach these positions. Scheme is fine, but if we cant tackle... Herman seems tremendously organized with his approach to practicing and getting ready for games, then we call a timeout the first time we get the ball because we dont have a play ready and everyone on the same page? I find this really disturbing.

The current regime's main problem is development. With as much flaunting as Herman does about his recruiting classes, in 3 years, we shouldnt be losing to Iowa State, Baylor, etc. LSU-like teams and Oklahoma, sure we get that those are coin flip games... but we shouldnt be sitting on the edge of our seats every damn week.

Really looking at the roster for growth and development:

Sam has gotten better since his freshman-interception riddled season
    Ingram got stronger, Roschon maybe be just better/hungrier
    Cosmi and the rest of the line were better than freshman year.
    Tight ends were invisible throughout most of the year
    WRs, besides DD, Eagles let me down many times this year, he needs to hit the jugs EVERY night to get to his full potential (hopefully the coaching was the issue here)
    DL- no matter if we are in a 3-4 or a 4-3 the defensive lines job is to stop the run and with the recruits we get, I can easily say we failed this year in stopping the run. Maybe scheme, rather planning and not using the many safeties we have as a qb spy, I'm not sure but it seemed most weeks we had trouble stopping the run.
    Lbs- terrible and we literally are keeping ossai from being as dominant as chase young by having him cover open areas, is he pretty good in coverage yes is he our best player maybe but he would still benefit from putting his hand in the ground and getting smarter the qb every play.
    DBS- complete failure. Everybody wanted Anthony cook, Jalen green, and deshawn, cant say that boyce was wanted as wildly as the rest but we still saw he get jogged out there quite often. He shouldnt have been. Safeties regressed this year. B jones was many times out of passing defense position and sterns was missing in action too much to get a good read...

These players are not getting developed the way they need to be. Looking deeper at that will tell you what coaches need to be replaced.

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    We need a good bowl opponent, and a good win. We get that and we can salvage the rest of this season and get good momentum going into recruiting in 2020. I want to see the same effort we showed against LSU. We do that and we will win, convincingly against anyone not named LSU.

My Team
    Minnesota Golden Gophers
    Post Count
    And also not named Ohio St. Or Clemson.

Geez, OU needs to fire its entire offensive staff. How could they possible not score 40+ points on Baylor's D. I mean Baylor's D is nothing but 2 and 3 stars and OU's offense is all 4+ stars.

Oh wait, maybe Baylor's players and coaches are pretty good. Maybe that's the reason they are 11-1 and almost beat OU the first time.

While OU is at it they should fire all their D coaches too. Cause the Horns D coaches were terrible and cannot develop talent and can barely put together a sentence and we held Baylor to 24 points despite having no offense and having to play the whole game against Brewer.

Good thing OU didn't have horrible coaches like Beck and Orlando.

Damn. 14-0 LSU. 1st Q.

Time for Georgia to fire all their coaches. How could they possibly be getting skunked with all their 5 stars. It doesn’t matter their top 3 wrs out.

If Beck and Orlando could lose to LSU by 7 with no 5 stars then Kirby gotta go. Kirby clearly not developing talent. Plus he lost last year to the horns v the horns mentally challenged coaches. Maybe we can pick up Kirby after he’s let go.

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    DT Sawyer Goram-Welch (Longview)

https://247sports.com/player/sawyer-...elch-46056596/

My Team
    Colorado Buffaloes
    Post Count
    i took this at the duncanville game today..........in pic oc rhett lashlee wr coach samples ol coach hand & carrington/herman........they didnt look like rivals they all went inside together

Hmm indeed.

Thread Information