Page 339 of 397 FirstFirst ... 239289329335336337338339340341342343349389 ... LastLast
Results 8,451 to 8,475 of 9906
    My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count

My Team
    Texas Tech Red Raiders
    Post Count
    Looks like Bielema

My Team
    Texas Tech Red Raiders
    Post Count
    Can someone explain how ut got the tiebreaker to finish third and head to the Alamo?

Can someone explain how ut got the tiebreaker to finish third and head to the Alamo?
    I could be wrong but in case of a tie, I think the bowl committee just picks who they want and that is usually based on economics

Exactly. The last 2 times Texas played there gave the Alamo Bowl their highest tv ratings. Also, more butts in the seats.

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    Wait... we tied for third? Wtf

yes, Texas, oSu, KSU & ISU were all 5-4 in conference play

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    We’re baaaaaaack!

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    Appalachian State coach to Mizzou.

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count

My Team
    UTSA Roadrunners
    Post Count

My Team
    Texas Tech Red Raiders
    Post Count
    We’re baaaaaaack!

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count

My Team
    Colorado Buffaloes
    Post Count
    Wow this guy had a uva come up. Seems like yesterday he was just a HS coach lol.

The short answer is there is no tiebreaker when selecting Big 12 bowls. The Alamo Bowl committee picked UT.

The long story is that the Big 12 bowl selection process first fills the CFP spot (if eligible). Next, there are agreements with the "contract bowls" that are filled
    (Sugar Bowl taking the #1 or #2 finisher for Big 12). After that, a priority exists where bowls follow a defined order and select an unclaimed team. Those bowls are listed below in order.

The first to choose is the Alamo Bowl. The Alamo bowl picked Texas over any other Big 12 school. The bowl was free to pick any bowl eligible school, regardless of conference standing. The order of finishing in conference play has no impact after the CFP and contract bowls for Big 12 schools. The choice of the remaining teams after CFP and contract bowl is entirely up to each bowl committee, not the conference.

Other conferences have different procedures.

The order of choice is as follows:

Valero Alamo
    Camping World
    Academy Sports + Outdoors Texas
    AutoZone Liberty
    Cheez-It
    SERVPRO First Responder

https://big12sports.com/news/2019/5/23/211718886.aspx

Last edited by Randolph Duke; 12-09-2019 at 04:59 PM.

Appalachian State coach to Mizzou.

You can buy a lot of drinks wit that....

My Team
    Texas Tech Red Raiders
    Post Count

The short answer is there is no tiebreaker when selecting Big 12 bowls. The Alamo Bowl committee picked UT.

The long story is that the Big 12 bowl selection process first fills the CFP spot (if eligible). Next, there are agreements with the "contract bowls" that are filled
    (Sugar Bowl taking the #1 or #2 finisher for Big 12). After that, a priority exists where bowls follow a defined order and select an unclaimed team. Those bowls are listed below in order.

The first to choose is the Alamo Bowl. The Alamo bowl picked Texas over any other Big 12 school. The bowl was free to pick any bowl eligible school, regardless of conference standing. The order of finishing in conference play has no impact after the CFP and contract bowls for Big 12 schools. The choice of the remaining teams after CFP and contract bowl is entirely up to each bowl committee, not the conference.

Other conferences have different procedures.

The order of choice is as follows:

Valero Alamo
    Camping World
    Academy Sports + Outdoors Texas
    AutoZone Liberty
    Cheez-It
    SERVPRO First Responder

https://big12sports.com/news/2019/5/23/211718886.aspx

So the horns finished third because the Alamo Bowl said so.

Ok

Concerning assistants. No news is good news?

Ok
    no. the Horns finished third because they finished third. The Alamo bowl simply made a business decision.

We finished 3rd because of the big 12 tie breaker rules: https://big12sports.com/news/2008/7/31/1546006.aspx

Texas, OSU, KSU, and ISU were all tied at 5-4
    In the event of a 2 way tie, head to head is taken into account
    In the event of a 3+ way tie, the records of the teams against each other is the #1 criteria.
    Texas and OSU were 2-1 against the other three, while KSU and ISU were 1-2 against the other 3. Therefore, KSU and ISU are eliminated.
    Since just Texas and OSU are left, the tiebreaker reverts to a 2 way tie, where Texas has the head to head over OSU.

Therefore, Texas is 3rd and OSU is 4th in the Big12.
    KSU beat ISU so they are 5th and ISU is 6th.

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    We finished 3rd because of the big 12 tie breaker rules: https://big12sports.com/news/2008/7/31/1546006.aspx

Texas, OSU, KSU, and ISU were all tied at 5-4
    In the event of a 2 way tie, head to head is taken into account
    In the event of a 3+ way tie, the records of the teams against each other is the #1 criteria.
    Texas and OSU were 2-1 against the other three, while KSU and ISU were 1-2 against the other 3. Therefore, KSU and ISU are eliminated.
    Since just Texas and OSU are left, the tiebreaker reverts to a 2 way tie, where Texas has the head to head over OSU.

Therefore, Texas is 3rd and OSU is 4th in the Big12.
    KSU beat ISU so they are 5th and ISU is 6th.
    Shut up! You make too much sense. #weeereback

Post Count
    It feels good to be back!

my unders, my frgn whites pgardn's Avatar
    My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    So we did finish third and the Alamo Bowl made a good business decision.
    Somehow I am still left feeling in the trough of a sea of high expectations.

Please pray for me as I am all balled up.

Ok
    Unsurprisingly a Tech guy doesn’t understand the bowl selection process or have reading comprehension. Where Texas ended up in the standings has nothing to do with which bowl they go to.

Ok
    The Horns finishing anywhere in the standings and the team going to the Alamo Bowl are completely unrelated. As long as the teams are bowl-eligible, the bowl committee whose turn it is to choose a Big 12 team is free to choose the lowest bowl-eligible finisher, or any other unassigned team.

If a Big 12 team is in the CFP, only the second place conference finisher is contractually bound to go to a particular bowl. After that, the bowls pick whoever they want, regardless of where they finished in the standings. There are no tie-breakers to determine which teams go to which non-CFP or non-contract bowls.

The concept of tie-breakers to determine bowl "assignments" simply does not exist in the Big 12 for teams finishing below 2nd in the standings. That concept has been fabricated by individuals who do not or can not understand the bowl selection process for Big 12 schools.

The Alamo Bowl evidently thought Texas would be the biggest draw, so they picked Texas.

Thread Information