Page 344 of 397 FirstFirst ... 244294334340341342343344345346347348354394 ... LastLast
Results 8,576 to 8,600 of 9906
    My Team
    Texas Tech Red Raiders
    Post Count
    Funny there's a tiger next to him since he'll probably be in Cincinnati next year

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    Apparently Nahlin of Inside Texas is hinting that Chris Ash as DC is pretty much a done deal. Not sure just yet what to think of it.

Hopefully this has been more of an actual search and process than it seems, because it's seems an awful lot like another comfort hire.

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    Apparently Nahlin of Inside Texas is hinting that Chris Ash as DC is pretty much a done deal. Not sure just yet what to think of it.

Hopefully this has been more of an actual search and process than it seems, because it's seems an awful lot like another comfort hire.
    They had mentioned Ash could be a co-DC, so I'm anxious to see if he is indeed the main guy.

That post this morning made it seem that way.

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count

Chip Brown had this positive update on Graham Harrell last night:

Saturday, 7:45 pm - Hearing USC offensive coordinator Graham Harrell has been getting an early start on working some misdirection and is still VERY much in the mix to succeed Tim Beck at Texas. (Chip Brown)

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count

Watching the collapse benefactor's Avatar
    My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    Meh

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    Can someone explain to me why I’m supposed to be angry about this hire?

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    it, let’s see what he can do. As long as they play fundamentally sound we should be much improved.

Post Count
    Why would someone be angry about this hire? Not sure who else was "really available" right now. Ash and Herman probably mesh well together and have a similar philosophy. Urban Meyer has nothing but great things to say about Ash.
    Last edited by texbound; 12-15-2019 at 03:09 PM.

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    I'm actually happy if it is Chris Ash. He is a former DB coach so he is going to know a thing or two about how to defend some of these passing offenses. No matter who we hire, it's going to be a gamble, but I'd rather gamble on a guy who has proven he can win a championship as a DC elsewhere.

As for Harrell, he had a of a offense at USC and we have the guns to give him a of an offense here.

Overall, i have to say if these are the guys we get, then i can't complain. This is Tom Herman's reset, he has a two year window to prove he can handle being the Coach at Texas or he is gone.

Watching the collapse benefactor's Avatar
    My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    I'm not mad, but I'm not excited either. He was good at OSU before heading to Rutgers but he's also another comfort hire as he and Herman have worked together before. This hire will make or break Herman.

Well, I hope his defense stays healthier than Orlando’s did last year. We had a freakin walkon playing in the secondary last year. If they would have been healthier last year Orlando is still here. My 2 cents.

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    The OSU game ruined UTs season.

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    Per Inside Texas, the hold-up with the OC hire is not Harrell or money, but Herman having second thoughts about giving up control of the offense.

My Team
    Texas Tech Red Raiders
    Post Count
    The OSU game ruined UTs season.
    Right because it would have been a success otherwise!

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    Right because it would have been a success otherwise!
    No one will ever know but I seem to recall 4 DBs going down in that game. Up til that point the horns were playing ok.

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    Per Inside Texas, the hold-up with the OC hire is not Harrell or money, but Herman having second thoughts about giving up control of the offense.
    you Tom.

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    There's no doubt that injuries played a major role in Texas' defense this year and if they stayed healthy Texas probably has an entirely different outcome to the season. Regardless of this, the inability of Orlando to adjust to his players and dumbing-down the defense ultimately cost him in the end. That and zero blitzing on third and long from a city outside of the current town he was playing in.

Ash will simplify things and focus more on fundamentals. He also will bring a 4 man front (3 man fronts do work with a stud up front- ask Baylor) to the equations, helping with pressure on the QB and this will help free up the secondary to do secondary things like cover WR's.

I'll also be surprised if any of the coaches on D are kept around (Giles maybe).

Post Count
    Just holding together our recruiting class would be a huge victory.

If this is true, Herman wont/shouldn't be here too much longer. His offense was given a chance and it didnt work. Give it up. Be like Mack and make sure ALL the facets of the game are taken care of rather then thinking he is an offensive genius. Everybody else that needed to replace personnel has just about done so already but us. Finalize it and get it done. But then again, "info" could be bs as well.

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    I am very disturbed that Tom is holding up the hiring of the OC because he can't give up power. I swear he can't get out of his own way. He should have been fired after this season, but in the infinite wisdom of CDC he gave him another chance and now Tom thinks he is in position to decide who has the power over the offense. He needs to shut up and accept this gracious offer of letting him keep his job.

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count

Thread Information