Page 346 of 397 FirstFirst ... 246296336342343344345346347348349350356396 ... LastLast
Results 8,626 to 8,650 of 9906
    My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    If Joe Brady (LSU OC) is not in play we’re screwed.
    Well then we are screwed.

My Team
    Brigham Young Cougars
    Post Count
    u should start preparing urself for lashlee which is somehow going to be worse than if we kept beck

Joe Brady & LSU already announced after the SEC le game that he's coming back to LSU.

u should start preparing urself for lashlee which is somehow going to be worse than if we kept beck
    Lashlee >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Tim Beck

Call it what you will- stubbornness, hard-headed, unwilling to adapt to change, but Herman was never going to change what he believed in on offense that made him successful. That and bringing a young guy in to run their offense was way too much pride for him to swallow. It wouldn't surprise me one bit that Major is his guy.
    agree... I think Harrell likely wanted majority control of the offense like he does at USC and Herman thinks he is the offensive genius, "if only... blah blah blah..." so in the end, they couldnt make it work.
    I'm not sure this is actually a bad thing right now. If Herman had 2-3 years to revamp the offensive personnel around Harrell's philosophy, then maybe it could work (assuming Herman would want that change) but I think Herman has to show significant improvement in 2020 or it could be over for him or the situation certainly could become desperate after Ehlinger leaves. I think Herman wants someone that believes in his offensive philosophy but with new twists to tweak what they already have.

My Team
    Brigham Young Cougars
    Post Count
    247 just put out and update that k state oc Courtney Messingham is now the leader to become oc..........he coached with herman at isu so it would be another comfort hire

Quentin Johnston flips to TCU

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    Quentin Johnston flips to TCU
    Brutal.

Post Count
    This one hurts, not as much if the Horns lost Bijan, but it still hurts. The WR room has quickly gone from a room of plenty to a potential future concern. You have Eagles, Smith (hopefully), Woodard, Epps, Washington, Lewis, Omiere, and Harrison. Gone is Pouncey and probably Joshua Moore. Johnston would've competed for time. There is no other team (or coach) i want to see beat down more than TCU and Patterson (yes, OU is still up there, but TCU has been a thorn in Texas for a while now).

One would think CDC would step in before his seat gets too hot from this. Right or wrong, his image is gonna take a hit if the mass hysteria fans are projecting plays out

{a lot of coaches} >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Tim Beck

Was Kyle Shanahan around when Herman was at UT?

I have a feeling that it is going to be someone like Shanahan or Applewhite but I have no reason to think that
    Last edited by soldierhorn; 12-17-2019 at 12:00 AM.

Post Count
    Hopefully Bijan comes in and is everything we hope for. Keep RoJo at RB, move Whittington back to WR, and have RB room of Ingram, RoJo, Bijan, Young, another recruit.

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    Tom Herman is a disease

Believe.
    My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    The 18th may not be fun if this keeps up

my unders, my frgn whites pgardn's Avatar
    My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    Imagine a recruit reading this board.

My skeleton aches.

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    Imagine a recruit reading this board.

My skeleton aches.
    And we’re pretty tame comparatively.

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    This board is very civilized compared to all other boards out there. Truth is we as fans and those of us who are Alumni have a right to voice our concern about the program's misguidance. I've said this many times. This is Tom Herman's career and legacy, he can go down as a legend or he will go down. It's his choice how he does it. As of right now, I don't see him coaching beyond 2021. Expectations as of right now are that he will win the conference next and earn that paycheck or get replaced. Everything is in place for a run next year. 7 returning starters on offense, 8 on defense. Texas is stacked at every place except DE.

We aren't asking him to do the impossible, we are asking him to perform to expectations. Anything less than 9 wins and he is immediately replaced. 9 to 10 wins gets him 1 more year. Conference champions and the heat is removed. Excuses are over for him, time to poop or get off the toilet.

My Team
    Texas Tech Red Raiders
    Post Count
    I'll see myself out the front door.

2 things.

1. Phew
    2. Leach vs Harrell is awesome

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    I might have come around on the Ash hire. I think we all can agree that complete lack of fundamentals was what hurt the defense the most, followed closely by su ious play calling. Ash might be one of the best when it comes actual tackling fundamentals (the guy has released a movie called "Chris Ash: Tackling Fundamentals and Drills for Defensive Backs" for crying out loud). There are a plethora of extensive videos from coaching clinics with Ash and footage from practices at Wisconsin. Meyer continued to use his tackling techniques at tOSU after Ash left.

His focus on sound DB play might be exactly what Texas needs considering the amount DB's on the field at every play. I have some time these coming weeks, where I intent to find as much footage of his Wisconsin, Arkansas, Iowa State and Ohio State teams. As well as some of the 2018 Rutgers tape (according to one of the 247 national analysts who lives in NJ, said Ash took over defensive play calling in 2018 because the unit sucked, and the same mod said Rutgers showed massive improvements).

Obviously, the position coaches can make or break a coordinator, so he has to nail them as well. I know Larry Johnson of Ohio State has been mentioned as a potential DL coach. That would most certainly make a strong case for Ash, but there's like 0.1% chance that happens. I'd also be interested to see if this makes interim LB coach Jeremiah George a candidate for the LB job. Ash were recruiting coordinator for ISU the year George signed with ISU, so they obviously know each other. I have a feeling Ash will reach out to Paul Rhoads to get some insight to George.

It's actually kind of sad. I'm starting to get myself to like Ash as a coordinator and then Herman ends up sabotaging his own hire of Harrell (allegedly).

So we are going to wind up with 2 new coordinators that aren’t clear upgrades and at the same time our recruiting class will get worse.

Because Herman went 10-4 w Sugar Bowl win, they should have given him a mulligan for this last season. Then, if he had another 7-8 win season in 2020 you get rid of him and the whole staff.

The lesson here is that firing coaches does the following:
    1. Makes all the “fire the coach” fans happy;
    2. Hurts your recruiting class which hurts your chance to win;
    3. Does not guarantee that the new coach will be a better coach;
    4. And Wholesale firing of coaches makes your program look bush league and gives a-holes like Fatter son more ammo for negative recruiting.

But at least the “fire the coach” fans are happy. That is way more important than keeping a stud receiver from Temple.

Thread Information