Post Count
    2021 WR Chauncey Magwood (Leesburg, GA)

https://247sports.com/Player/Chauncey-Magwood-46054328/

https://www.hudl.com/profile/9459137/Chauncey-Magwood

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    Carrington liked this tweet.

Bussey is another WR looking to transfer.

Unless my memory fails me Texas won some N. champion ships as amember of Southwest Conference.

In 1970 and before. You must have a good memory.

Earl and horns lost nc game in 77 to Domers in Cotton. Akers lost cotton and natty in 83 to Ga.

SWC was even weaker after Arky left for Secsecsec. That eventually led to Big 12.

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    Come on back to the good guys, Quay!

My Team
    Texas Tech Red Raiders
    Post Count
    Baylor with 6 at combine and TCU with 7. Basically whole LSU team at combine. Interestingly, ousux only has 4.

Bama has 10. Auburn 9.

We could have a staff of Knute Rockne and Vince Lombardi and they won’t win big with 4 upperclassmen who are big time pro prospects.

Key is recruiting at top 5 level every year. Might need to have some beneficial conference realignment for that to happen consistently. Join Big 10, Pac12? Steal couple big state schools to strengthen big 12?

We never were very good as long as we were in SWC because negative recruiting against weak conference. We broke out when big 12 put together. Hard times came when big state schools left - colo, husker, aggy, mizzou. Not that they are world beaters but conf stronger then.
    A&M did fine during the SWC days after Arky left. UT just had some coaches before Mack came along.

The conference wasn't any stronger in 2009 than it is today. OU has been in the playoffs a lot and has had multiple Heisman winners.

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    Come on back to the good guys, Quay!

Holland posted on OrangeBloods this afternoon that he expects Davis to commit to Texas again in the "near future."

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    Holland posted on OrangeBloods this afternoon that he expects Davis to commit to Texas again in the "near future."
    I am pretty sure Roach of 24/7 hinted something similar a few weeks back.

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    I've read some optimism, here and there, that he could rejoin the team as a player.

Last edited by texas4ever; 02-08-2020 at 04:14 PM.

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    2022 DB Bryan Allen Jr (Aledo)

https://247sports.com/Player/Bryan-Allen-Jr-46053225/

my unders, my frgn whites pgardn's Avatar
    My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    I've read some optimism, here and there, that he could rejoin the team as a player.

I wonder what happened because the report I saw said he Fd up royally.
    Its hard to figure what changed based on the basic report of the incident.
    Tables turned...hmmm...

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    He's the son of Kansas City Chiefs RB coach Deland McCullough and grandson of former NFL coach Sherman Smith (spend 22 years in the NFL as an RB coach for the Oilers/ ans, Redskins and Seahawks).

Deland McCullough spend a few years in the NFL and CFL and Smith spend close to a decade in the NFL as a player. Good bloodlines.
    Last edited by Bloeddyr10; 02-09-2020 at 05:56 AM.

My Team
    TAMU-CC Islanders
    Post Count
    So, if we keep the commits we currently have, plus add the 2 brocks and landon jackson.......even if we don't add much else, will it be a successful 2021 class?

No IMO need3-4 DL a TE and 3-2 OL to be a very good class.

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    No IMO need3-4 DL a TE and 3-2 OL to be a very good class.
    We actually need some stud CB's after only landing 1 in the last class.

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    So, if we keep the commits we currently have, plus add the 2 brocks and landon jackson.......even if we don't add much else, will it be a successful 2021 class?
    We always want great blockers, but we need mucho pass rushers. We never recruited for the 4 man front we don't have a true pass rusher except for Ossai. We need more like him. We are also in need of elite corners and receivers. I'm hoping we can get a couple more elite linebackers.

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    Per Inside Texas, DeMarvion Overshown has officially made the move to LB.

Thank goodness, glad we were able to keep him on board. I think he’ll be very good at the position.

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    Thank goodness, glad we were able to keep him on board. I think he’ll be very good at the position.
    I really think this guy is going to be an all conference player for us. Good size, crazy speed for a linebacker. It's like we recruited a 5'star linebacker and he just showed up. Oh, and lets not forget he hits like a ton of bricks.

This news made my day. All the moves I was hoping the staff would make, they have actually done it.

Move to a 4 man front
    Spin down Ossai to DE
    Spin down Overshown to LB
    Move Whittington to WR full time
    Keep Roshon at RB

Now we can actually run a 4-3-4 defense without having to worry about a team going 4 wide set in a hurry up offense and us having to get cramps to subs ute. Our base defense is going to be very flexible.

As long as we can stay healthy, we are going to be a tough team to beat.

I have one last request from Herman, quit trying to run the toughest 2-a-day camp in college football. You can get your team ready to play without killing them.

my unders, my frgn whites pgardn's Avatar
    My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    Teach him how to get off blocks without a running start and he should be effective.
    I am excited about this one. I think he is one of those kids who can see things happening before they do.
    But playing up and having an offensive lineman immediately on you is a step up from a safety who has the ability to see and react because they are further back and unblocked by fat guys. Man if he could be like that poor kid from Ohio St. who was a small linebacker for the Steelers... the one that got severely injured.

I would rather see Whittington given another shot at RB because I thought he was the best in his short time.
    I guess the best to hope for is he comes back as quick as he was and injury free. I really, really liked this kid.

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    Roach from 24/7 put in a Texas crystal ball for 2021 WR Quay Davis this evening.

I really think this guy is going to be an all conference player for us. Good size, crazy speed for a linebacker. It's like we recruited a 5'star linebacker and he just showed up. Oh, and lets not forget he hits like a ton of bricks.

This news made my day. All the moves I was hoping the staff would make, they have actually done it.

Move to a 4 man front
    Spin down Ossai to DE
    Spin down Overshown to LB
    Move Whittington to WR full time
    Keep Roshon at RB

Now we can actually run a 4-3-4 defense without having to worry about a team going 4 wide set in a hurry up offense and us having to get cramps to subs ute. Our base defense is going to be very flexible.

As long as we can stay healthy, we are going to be a tough team to beat.

I have one last request from Herman, quit trying to run the toughest 2-a-day camp in college football. You can get your team ready to play without killing them.
    Don't you mean a 4-2-5 defense? In this day & age where everyone runs some type of spread offense, the 4-3 is basically a sub personnel package.

Thread Information