Page 295 of 397 FirstFirst ... 195245285291292293294295296297298299305345395 ... LastLast
Results 7,351 to 7,375 of 9906
    my unders, my frgn whites pgardn's Avatar
    My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    So our Defensive starters will be:
    DL - Roach - Sr, Coburn - Fr, Graham - Jr
    LB - Ossai - So, Mitc - So, Ade - Fr
    DB - Jones - Sr (hurt?), BJ - So, Cook - So, Overshown - So, Boyce - So

2 frosh, 6 soph, 1 jr and 2 srs. Missing best lb - mc and best dB - sterns. Both up the middle defenders who help make sure young guys are lined up right. Ade and Mitc having never played before this year hurts for same reason.

With that much youth, we’re not going to magically get better on D. Coaches can’t expect 8 underclassmen to run much more than basic ds. Also, 4 Sophs in secondary aren’t going to hold up with lotta blitzing.

Offense is going to have to carry us. I wasn’t in love with Davante and Boyd at CB last year but I’d love to have them now.
    We are theoretically supposed to have a deep team that is talented.
    We have played 2 outstanding offenses in LSU and Oklahoma.
    But Kansas doing this... no excuses. (Unless that new offensive coordinator is pure magic)

And yep the O is going to have to carry us. But NOT like what we saw against Kansas. Enormous regression.

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    Week 9 television schedule.

SMU at Houston on Thursday.

https://www.espn.com/college-football/schedule

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    Updated coaching hot seat.

http://coacheshotseat.com/

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    Per Inside Texas, they're hearing things are trending in the direction of coaching changes, no matter how loyal Herman wants to be to his guys.

The donors that Del Conte deals with are "quite unhappy" about the last two overall performances against OU and Kansas, and Herman was already feeling heat because of the defense's performance against LSU.

These are the same donors who put forth millions upon millions for the new stadium project, and Herman apparently doesn't have the goodwill capital that older guys like Mack and DeLoss used to have.

Per Inside Texas, they're hearing things are trending in the direction of coaching changes, no matter how loyal Herman wants to be to his guys.

The donors that Del Conte deals with are "quite unhappy" about the last two overall performances against OU and Kansas, and Herman was already feeling heat because of the defense's performance against LSU.

These are the same donors who put forth millions upon millions for the new stadium project, and Herman apparently doesn't have the goodwill capital that older guys like Mack and DeLoss used to have.
    First of all, CDC is one of the last guys to ever micromanage the job of the head football coach. Additionally, Chris knows how to deal with donors who believe they are en led to give input as to how any head program coach should make decisions. Do not think Texas is still back in the days where the big money guys can threaten the program. Operating revenues for Texas athletics are approaching a quarter of a billion dollars per year, and few outside donors to the athletics program are giving at a rate where their contributions are unquestionably material to UT athletics.

As for Herman's goodwill with the alumni, this is exactly what I was warning about back when Tom gave the alumni the finger so he could have Horny and Leitao. Tom used up his goodwill capital on those two decisions and he doesn't have it available now that he needs it. Hopefully, this will be a learning experience for Herman and he will make better decisions in the future. But Tom Herman created the situation he now faces.

I hope Horny and Leitao were worth it. From my perspective, neither was worth expending so much goodwill on.

First of all, CDC is one of the last guys to ever micromanage the job of the head football coach. Additionally, Chris knows how to deal with donors who believe they are en led to give input as to how any head program coach should make decisions. Do not think Texas is still back in the days where the big money guys can threaten the program. Operating revenues for Texas athletics are approaching a quarter of a billion dollars per year, and few outside donors to the athletics program are giving at a rate where their contributions are unquestionably material to UT athletics.

As for Herman's goodwill with the alumni, this is exactly what I was warning about back when Tom gave the alumni the finger so he could have Horny and Leitao. Tom used up his goodwill capital on those two decisions and he doesn't have it available now that he needs it. Hopefully, this will be a learning experience for Herman and he will make better decisions in the future. But Tom Herman created the situation he now faces.

I hope Horny and Leitao were worth it. From my perspective, neither was worth expending so much goodwill on.
    Good points, but we all know that winning buys you a lot of goodwill. Outside of Bevo destroying Uga and the RRS Oct 2018, there's not been a lot of big wins. The defense and special teams have regressed to almost Chuck Strong level. To be honest, I was almost hoping for KU to win because I fear what zero U will do to us in Dec should we be so lucky to get there.

Tom might be a mensa, but right now he's not looking very smart in the moves and coaching that are being made. They need to let go of the 3-4 and go to the 4-3. He's got to get less stubborn and more smarter....

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count

IMO, uniforms without contrast are just hard on the eyes and look worse from a distance.

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    IMO, uniforms without contrast are just hard on the eyes and look worse from a distance.
    These look like something I would've made on Playstation back in the day attempting to have the ugliest uniform possible.

Texas can't lose to this.

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count

Good points, but we all know that winning buys you a lot of goodwill. Outside of Bevo destroying Uga and the RRS Oct 2018, there's not been a lot of big wins. The defense and special teams have regressed to almost Chuck Strong level. To be honest, I was almost hoping for KU to win because I fear what zero U will do to us in Dec should we be so lucky to get there.

Tom might be a mensa, but right now he's not looking very smart in the moves and coaching that are being made. They need to let go of the 3-4 and go to the 4-3. He's got to get less stubborn and more smarter....
    Running a program the size and scope of UT Austin's isn't something someone just steps into. It takes a few years to understand how to manage all the different aspects of the job.

What matters is that the person trying to be the next long term leader of the program is learning from his mistakes after the first time he makes the mistake, and that he doesn't repeat past mistakes. And, of course, that he wins on the field.

We will see whether Tom Herman is the next long term leader of UT football. He stands a very good chance, but how he handles the latest challenge will be material to his future. To his advantage, CDC is someone he can rely on to give him both support and advice (much unlike Charlie Strong's experience with Steve Patterson).

The challenge now is to see how Herman reacts to the problem. His challenge moving forward will be to act before the problem becomes so glaringly evident.

My Team
    Texas A&M Aggies
    Post Count
    if texas can make it back to the big XII le game, all will get better, but if they lose to baylor and iowa state, it could get pretty nasty.

if texas can make it back to the big XII le game, all will get better, but if they lose to baylor and iowa state, it could get pretty nasty.
    If we play those guys the same way we played against KU....we will definately lose. o Texas Bowl!

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    Seen a post saying TFB thinks we are about to lose 3-4 recruits. Yikes.

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    Seen a post saying TFB thinks we are about to lose 3-4 recruits. Yikes.
    I will follow up on that later.

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count

Thread Information