Page 320 of 397 FirstFirst ... 220270310316317318319320321322323324330370 ... LastLast
Results 7,976 to 8,000 of 9906
    dabo also started to use a church to pay for recruits & gave his players hgh when he realized it wasnt going to work out after his 3rd year........
    After Dabo's thid year, he first brought in Chad Morris and then Brent Vanables. He also agreed to take less money for himself so he could hire and retain two of the best coordinators in college football.

But if you want to ignore the effect hiring Morris and Venables had on Dabo's program, and the stability Dabo brought to his program by personally taking less for himself, you are free to do that. Whatever helps you sleep at night.

I'd hate to get into the skin color thing but let's be real, this is true. This is purely my comparison from above.

The team just looks confused out there on defense. Offense, very little enthusiasm, play-calling is predictable. Our offense does not work against any defense with a pulse. We shouldve beaten down Iowa State but we lost, why?
    Tom Herman and his staff have an inexplicable lack of ability to self scout. They cannot see the predictability of Texas on both sides of the ball, even though opposing coaching staffs can do so with great ease. Also, Herman is failing to coach the mental aspects of the game, leading to far too many penalties.

Tom Herman wasn't fully prepared to take over the head coaching position at Texas when he accepted the job, but that is ok. Very few mid-major head coaches are prepared to take over a program the size and scope of Texas' on Day 1. The problem is that Herman isn't growing as a professional at an acceptable rate and his failures are becoming painfully evident.

CDC needs to put the training wheels on, get Herman some help in accepting and remediating his personal failures as a head coach, and hopefully get him past this chapter of his career.

Herman has risen through the coaching ranks quickly and has never suffered a personal or professional failure such as his is now dealing with. While Tom has proven he has a number of the skills necessary to lead Texas football, he has also proven he does have enough of the necessary skills.

After Dabo's thid year, he first brought in Chad Morris and then Brent Vanables. He also agreed to take less money for himself so he could hire and retain two of the best coordinators in college football.
    agree.... like most control freaks, Herman's instinct is not to hire someone that could replace him. He has to be willing to step out of his comfort zone and hire coordinators that could be head coaches somewhere else. Coordinators that will teach fundamentals and let the players play fast. Over-scheming causes confusion and neutralizes their athleticism. Herman has a comfort level with Beck but he is just not good and hasnt been.

It is crazy to compare Herman and Charlie Strong. Just plain stupid. We had 3 consecutive losing seasons under strong. First time in schools history for that to happen. We even kicked off twice in one game !! How does that even happen ? Let’s not forget that we beat Georgia in the 2019 Sugar Bowl. Biggest win for this program in 10 years ! The team has taken a huge step backwards this year, and I am frustrated too, but to compare Herman and Strong is ludicrous

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count

TRU 'cross mah stomach LaMarcus Bryant's Avatar
    Post Count
    that's just dumb. weak mined people inject racism into every situation. Anyone can play that idiotic game. Let's try this one: It's because Charlie Strong's "skin were a darker color" or "his ass" wouldnt have been hired to begin with. See how easy that is?

It's true and clear to see. Charlie Strong was treated like ass by big 12 officials, the press tore him apart, dude looked like he wanted to cry during pressers sometimes. And they all dog piled on his shortcomings. Herman is in year 3 and still getting a pass that Charlie never did, and the only difference by year 3 really is Herman is lucky AF that he has Sam Ehlinger on his roster.
    Imaging Herman starting Tyrone Swoops for the majority of a season with this coaching staff...he would barely be bowl eligible

Strong made staff changes at a pace that people ed about and here we are with the orlando for year 3 and zero talk of staff changes
    I've never seen a coach get turned on so quickly like Strong, and he treated the media with respect. Herman won't even acknowledge bad play calls or being outcoached and is treated like some young coach with kid gloves, dude is in his mid 40s

I cannot even begin to understand how badly the entire national media would be ting on Strong if he had so many ed up 4th down calls that cost his team games. That's directly on his shoulders, and it's cost us arguably 3 games, and the media won't be up front with Herman about it.
    Last edited by LaMarcus Bryant; 11-18-2019 at 12:28 PM.

TRU 'cross mah stomach LaMarcus Bryant's Avatar
    Post Count
    It is crazy to compare Herman and Charlie Strong. Just plain stupid. We had 3 consecutive losing seasons under strong. First time in schools history for that to happen. We even kicked off twice in one game !! How does that even happen ? Let’s not forget that we beat Georgia in the 2019 Sugar Bowl. Biggest win for this program in 10 years ! The team has taken a huge step backwards this year, and I am frustrated too, but to compare Herman and Strong is ludicrous
    The only difference in the equation when you look at the strong vs herman coaching staff is one staff has Sam Ehlinger and the other didn't.

Charlie was destroyed for his defense, yet this year's UT defense has statistically been worse than all of those.

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    Lol Herman should be pilloried for going conservative after being gifted another possession. Let your QB win the game you stupid ass hole.

He's using gas lighting and intimidation to keep the press from getting him to own up to his own failures and inadequacies. He's a horrible freakin coach, if his skin were a darker color his ass would be DONE after this season just like charlie strong. Why are we treating him so differently? Losing to KU should not be the only qualifications needed to get fired from this job.
    The pickle Texas is in is due to the two-year, guaranteed extension given to Herman after the Sugar Bowl victory.

If we were pretending Herman is getting fired after the Tech game, it now costs $20 mil as opposed to $10 mil.

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count

The pickle Texas is in is due to the two-year, guaranteed extension given to Herman after the Sugar Bowl victory.

If we were pretending Herman is getting fired after the Tech game, it now costs $20 mil as opposed to $10 mil.
    $25.5 mil (but who's counting at this point?)

FY 2020: $6,000,000

FY 2021: $6,250,000
    FY 2022: $6,500,000
    FY 2023: $6,750,000

https://www.houstonchronicle.com/sports/texas-sports-nation/college/article/A-closer-look-at-Texas-coach-Tom-Herman-s-13895223.php

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    $25.5 mil (but who's counting at this point?)

FY 2020: $6,000,000

FY 2021: $6,250,000
    FY 2022: $6,500,000
    FY 2023: $6,750,000

https://www.houstonchronicle.com/sports/texas-sports-nation/college/article/A-closer-look-at-Texas-coach-Tom-Herman-s-13895223.php
    Haha, I thought it was closer to $5 mil.

Wonderful, and thanks for the clarification.

Needless to say if we're arguing about colors, the most important one here is green.

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count

Someone with a high level understanding of college football needs to be brought in to oversee Texas football and to advise CDC on how to best chart the future direction of UT football. I am not in favor of firing Tom Herman at this point, but it is clear he can’t be allowed to have complete control of the program. He simply is failing in too many aspects related to the game day performance of the team.

Coach Herman doesn’t seem to be handling some of the basics well. Effectively, his leadership of the program needs to be put into receivership. He needs to be put on notice of how he is failing, and he needs to be given the help he needs to correct his weaknesses and hopefully save his job.

It doesn’t appear he has mastered the problem of having the team ready to play during the initial stages of any game. The constant problem with penalties shows the team lacks discipline and that Coach Herman is failing to adequately coach the mental aspects of the game. This is especially troublesome considering Herman’s “Mensa” reputation. The defense isn’t being taught basic fundamentals of tackling. The coaching staff has no ability to self-scout. The offensive play calling needs to be addressed. The offensive line is allowing far too many sacks and isn’t pass blocking effectively.

The problems are evident. So is the fact that Tom Herman isn’t addressing them effectively. He needs help to see if his weaknesses can be addressed. If not, he has to be let go and we have to move on to new leadership.

I have no interest in publicly humiliating Tom Herman, but so far he has failed. And I have no interest in putting up with any more of his post failure press conferences where he makes it clear he isn’t getting it that the problem lies at his feet.
    It's true and clear to see. Charlie Strong was treated like ass by big 12 officials, the press tore him apart, dude looked like he wanted to cry during pressers sometimes. And they all dog piled on his shortcomings. Herman is in year 3 and still getting a pass that Charlie never did, and the only difference by year 3 really is Herman is lucky AF that he has Sam Ehlinger on his roster.
    Imaging Herman starting Tyrone Swoops for the majority of a season with this coaching staff...he would barely be bowl eligible

Strong made staff changes at a pace that people ed about and here we are with the orlando for year 3 and zero talk of staff changes
    I've never seen a coach get turned on so quickly like Strong, and he treated the media with respect. Herman won't even acknowledge bad play calls or being outcoached and is treated like some young coach with kid gloves, dude is in his mid 40s

I cannot even begin to understand how badly the entire national media would be ting on Strong if he had so many ed up 4th down calls that cost his team games. That's directly on his shoulders, and it's cost us arguably 3 games, and the media won't be up front with Herman about it.
    Coach turned out so quick never seen. Fla. St. and Arkie says hi.

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    CB Jeffery Carter is leaving Alabama.

https://247sports.com/Player/Scooby-Carter-46038477/

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    I wanted to share a few pieces from the Monday write-up over at Inside Texas:

"Herman also seems to think coaching is a 60-minute window on Saturday. Clearly he was out-coached during the week. The Iowa State staff had the Texas staff dead to rights from the opening kick. Things were so bad Cyclones players were taunting Texas players by saying they knew what they were going to run, and all too often, they were right. The same thing happened in the Kansas game and I imagine many others."

"Player frustration is exacerbated by Herman running such a regimented program. Players are beginning to wonder what are they going through all this for when they're getting beaten by teams with much lesser demands. These players know how other programs are run because they're friends with players from countless different schools. The players feel like they do everything asked of them and it's all for naught. They highly suspect the disconnect is coaching."

"There are some coaching issues behind the scenes that we can only shake our head at but we want to give the staff the benefit of finishing the season and then seeing how Herman responds to those issues."

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    Inside Texas mentioned yesterday that DE Van Fillinger of Draper, UT is the one commitment to watch currently.

He's definitely listening to Utah being that they're his home state school, but his December official visit to UT is still on.

Thread Information