Page 258 of 397 FirstFirst ... 158208248254255256257258259260261262268308358 ... LastLast
Results 6,426 to 6,450 of 9906
    my unders, my frgn whites pgardn's Avatar
    My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    This is why I referred to corpses and battlefield.
    We need those guys badly.
    Sterns has been a good deal less than 100% first three games and now this.

Moving on means most of the remaining DBs are going to have to get really good quickly. We play in the Big 12. The W is great, the above is not. This was a very unfortunate game with a W. And a number of other guys went down but came back. Coburn, Ossai... we definitely need a break.
    Last edited by pgardn; 09-21-2019 at 11:43 PM.

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count

Less targets for Epps, more Eagles please

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count

Moving on means most of the remaining DBs are going to have to get really good quickly. We play in the Big 12. The W is great, the above is not. This was a very unfortunate game with a W. And a number of other guys went down but came back. Coburn, Ossai... we definitely need a break.
    Wow, we are a mash unit. Losing Green and Sterns is freaking terrible. We are now Texas Tech, we are going to have to out score everyone from here on out.

Epps willl get better, hopefully we will get CJ back and along with Eagles and Duv we are going to have a lot of great weapons.

Hopefully some of our wounded warriors will make it back before the Big 12 le game. I think we lost Sterns for the year, not sure about the rest, if we can get BJ and Overshown back we should be okay.

To be very honest, our defense did a damn good job tonight. Special teams didn't help them much, but when you force the nations leadiing rusher to run the ball 37 times to get his 100+ night, you have done something. Hated how their QB ran all over us, but if I had to chose, i'd take the QB over the RB any day.

Here is my biggest takeaway from this game. We played like crap, we made mistake after mistake and we still won the game. That is progress, because if we played that way from 2010 to last year, we lost that game. plain and simple.

I feel like Epps will be fine. Sure he lacks in speed and athleticism but he’s a possession receiver and been forced to start because of CJ’s injury. If CJ’s healthy Epps doesn’t sniff the field, it’s only his RS freshman year in which he’s had a couple of starts. CJ was and is still at times criticized for not being physical enough but he makes plays so you get some bad with the good that comes. Maybe Epps can make some strides, I like having the big targets let’s hope he can improve.

This is very random but in ags game apparently Leon O’ Neal was benched during the game in which he stormed off the field to head to locker room. He was chased down by a freshman DL and one of the staffers and returned to the sideline. Just an odd tidbit from their game but I know some of you like me are tired of the trolling he’s done in the past and just looks like things not going well for him.

I guess they won't be 3 time National Champs now?

Post Count
    This is very random but in ags game apparently Leon O’ Neal was benched during the game in which he stormed off the field to head to locker room. He was chased down by a freshman DL and one of the staffers and returned to the sideline. Just an odd tidbit from their game but I know some of you like me are tired of the trolling he’s done in the past and just looks like things not going well for him.
    Love hearing about turmoil in aggieland. I usually dont give a crap about them, but I have an Aggie co-worker that is the most obnoxious person when the ATM wins and quiet as a mouse when they lose. One thing he actually told me (and I think ATM justifies it this way) is that a 5 loss season in the SEC is better than a 3 loss season in the B12. WTF, 5 losses a year is not good in any conference and Aggy was losing 4-5 games a year in this conference. Very delusional fanbase.

My Team
    TAMU-CC Islanders
    Post Count
    I would move Epps to TE and use him like we did David Thomas and Jermichael Finley.

WSU with the epic choke job last night. 32 point lead late in the 3rd and lost to UCLA. BTW, WSU QB had well over 500 yds passing and 9 TDs in the loss. Had WSU continued the route for the win, UCLA may ave fired Kelly on the spot. However, IMHO, Kelly definitely saved his job for the rest of the season. He may have also lit a fire under his team finally, we shall see.

Post Count

BJ Foster should be coming back. He and Brandon Jones are at least still a strong safety duo.

Estelle IMO played as goog as any DB. He had two of the few pass breakups.

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    2021 LB Trevion Sneed (Mineola)

https://247sports.com/Player/Trevion-Sneed-46079031/

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    UCLA scored 50 points in second half.

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count

Wow, we are a mash unit. Losing Green and Sterns is freaking terrible. We are now Texas Tech, we are going to have to out score everyone from here on out.

Epps willl get better, hopefully we will get CJ back and along with Eagles and Duv we are going to have a lot of great weapons.

Hopefully some of our wounded warriors will make it back before the Big 12 le game. I think we lost Sterns for the year, not sure about the rest, if we can get BJ and Overshown back we should be okay.

To be very honest, our defense did a damn good job tonight. Special teams didn't help them much, but when you force the nations leadiing rusher to run the ball 37 times to get his 100+ night, you have done something. Hated how their QB ran all over us, but if I had to chose, i'd take the QB over the RB any day.

Here is my biggest takeaway from this game. We played like crap, we made mistake after mistake and we still won the game. That is progress, because if we played that way from 2010 to last year, we lost that game. plain and simple.
    agree with a lot of your take. Proud of the D's effort, especially considering all factors (injuries, the opponent's talent, etc). We played well enough on that side of the ball to hold that opponent to under 20 points.

Epps plays extremely timid, IMO, and needs some kind of epiphany. He's very young, true, though, so let's not give up on him (agreed).

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    2022 DE Ernest Cooper IV (Arlington Martin)

https://247sports.com/Player/Ernest-Cooper-IV-46085414/

https://www.hudl.com/profile/9878202/Ernest-Cooper

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    Texas at #12 in coaches poll.

Thread Information