Page 296 of 397 FirstFirst ... 196246286292293294295296297298299300306346396 ... LastLast
Results 7,376 to 7,400 of 9906
    Running a program the size and scope of UT Austin's isn't something someone just steps into. It takes a few years to understand how to manage all the different aspects of the job.
    What matters is that the person trying to be the next long term leader of the program is learning from his mistakes after the first time he makes the mistake, and that he doesn't repeat past mistakes. And, of course, that he wins on the field.
    We will see whether Tom Herman is the next long term leader of UT football. He stands a very good chance, but how he handles the latest challenge will be material to his future. To his advantage, CDC is someone he can rely on to give him both support and advice (much unlike Charlie Strong's experience with Steve Patterson).
    The challenge now is to see how Herman reacts to the problem. His challenge moving forward will be to act before the problem becomes so glaringly evident.
    some good stuff here. Mack walked into a great situation for him in that not only did he have a stacked team that under performed but he also had an AD that was in position for almost 20 yrs at the time and a revered icon (Royal) that advocated for him (and a malleable school president); all of which helped him maneuver around and through ins utional minefields at the beginning of his tenure. I think CDC could have that type of influence in another 5-10 yrs or so but, be that as it may, Strong and Herman didnt and dont have that type of influence guiding and advocating for them. That advocacy is probably not as important now as it was twenty years ago, but it isnt nonexistent either.

Mack walked into a much better situation and didnt get to 10 wins in a season until his 4th season. I think we will see the something similar in Herman's fourth season, and that may not be a reasonable expectation.

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count

Believe.
    My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    I will follow up on that later.

this sounds great lol

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count

my unders, my frgn whites pgardn's Avatar
    My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    F
    As for Herman's goodwill with the alumni, this is exactly what I was warning about back when Tom gave the alumni the finger so he could have Horny and Leitao. Tom used up his goodwill capital on those two decisions and he doesn't have it available now that he needs it. Hopefully, this will be a learning experience for Herman and he will make better decisions in the future. But Tom Herman created the situation he now faces.

I hope Horny and Leitao were worth it. From my perspective, neither was worth expending so much goodwill on.
    So someone did care... This just smelled to me but I felt like I did not have enough info because it just seem to fall out of sight.

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    Seen a post saying TFB thinks we are about to lose 3-4 recruits. Yikes.
    A sooner site has bad news? Really? LOL

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    The show recruits have seen from this program the past 2 to 3 weeks probably has given them pause about enrolling and playing at UT. Thanks a lot Mensa Tom!!!!!

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    Hook em’ anyway!!!!

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count

some good stuff here. Mack walked into a great situation for him in that not only did he have a stacked team that under performed but he also had an AD that was in position for almost 20 yrs at the time and a revered icon (Royal) that advocated for him (and a malleable school president); all of which helped him maneuver around and through ins utional minefields at the beginning of his tenure. I think CDC could have that type of influence in another 5-10 yrs or so but, be that as it may, Strong and Herman didnt and dont have that type of influence guiding and advocating for them. That advocacy is probably not as important now as it was twenty years ago, but it isnt nonexistent either.

Mack walked into a much better situation and didnt get to 10 wins in a season until his 4th season. I think we will see the something similar in Herman's fourth season, and that may not be a reasonable expectation.
    Most college football fans fail to fully appreciate the contributions of a quality AD and a good support staff when evaluating the performance of any coach in any sport. Fans look at "facilities," thinking things such as nap pods (LSU) and a barber chair (A&M) are what makes a difference.

Charlie Strong was hapmered by the relocation of the tutoring facilities away from the football facilities, creating yet another hurdle for the players needing to focus on classwork. And Steve Patterson was indifferent.

Patterson also fired John Bianco. Bianco was the buffer between media access requests and the head coach. Without Bianco serving as traffic manager, Charlie was overwhelmed by the enormity of the media demands, the alumni demands, and the program demands.

Tom Herman needs to step up his game with respect to managing the program. CDC has been incredibly successful at the first stage of eliminating the bloat within Bellmont, and giving Coach Herman the tools he needs to manage the football program.

The effectiveness of CDC will be shown by how the other programs perform (especially men's basketball, baseball, swimming, and volleyball).

Mack walked into a great opportunity. I personally wish Deloss would step up and speak more about the history and development of UT athletics under his tenure (remember when Deloss took over as AD, UT athletics revenues were less than $1 mil/yr).

If CDC fully establishes himself as the captain of the ship, we can truly hold the coaches accountable for how they manage their programs.

I am somewhat comfortable, but still apprehensive. We all know things are not right within the UT football program. I don't thing any of us are quite sure where the problems are. But, if CDC is who I think he is, they will soon be identified.

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count

TRU 'cross mah stomach LaMarcus Bryant's Avatar
    Post Count
    This staff has given every reason for D-Line and LB recruits to tell UT to go themselves. Why would they want any part in this -show scheme

Least surprising decommitment. It’s beyond this if we can’t get better with the guys already in our team the last thing we need to worry about is a guy wouldn’t contribute a couple years from now.

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    Least surprising decommitment. It’s beyond this if we can’t get better with the guys already in our team the last thing we need to worry about is a guy wouldn’t contribute a couple years from now.
    I believe he was at DKR on Saturday, so that obviously didn't help.

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    He was down to Texas and blowu, I'm guessing he is now going to switch to the gooners. If we get Collins, I'll not worry. I've said since summer that Collins is the prize in a very weak dline class.

I'm ready for Orlando to be gone now.

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    He was down to Texas and blowu, I'm guessing he is now going to switch to the gooners. If we get Collins, I'll not worry. I've said since summer that Collins is the prize in a very weak dline class.

I'm ready for Orlando to be gone now.
    Collins and Princely are buds, so hopefully this won't turn into a bigger deal than it is currently.

Princely never liked Orlando's 3-man front, and he talked about taking visits right after he committed so it's difficult to freak out here.

Texas should lose Eaton too, but anyone after that would be no bueno.

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    Also from The Football Brainiacs...they mentioned there is some tension in the locker room between certain players and coaches.

An offensive starter intentionally skipped practice this week as a result.

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    Also from The Football Brainiacs...they mentioned there is some tension in the locker room between certain players and coaches.

OrangeBloods was able to confirm there was something to this.

Keontay would be my guess

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    Keontay would be my guess
    They were told it's a sensitive, personal situation and it wasn't the kid missing practice on purpose.

That could certainly be the case, or Bianco and his folks might be deflecting on a disciplinary issue.

Thread Information