Page 319 of 397 FirstFirst ... 219269309315316317318319320321322323329369 ... LastLast
Results 7,951 to 7,975 of 9906
    My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    I wanted to write something clever, but I've said all I'm going to say about the Tom Herman era. He is done as far as I'm concerned.

I hope CDC gets the message.

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    Charlie had 3 years... how do most teams have a script of plays to run at the beginning of the game, and we consistently, even at home, go 3 and out. needs to change. We shouldnt be this bad. 5 million a year should have a better prepared team. he coached at Iowa State.
    How the F do you figure that Charlie had 3 yrs? Charlie done had 6 yrs. New coach same as old coach. Time for a coaching change. Now.

Believe.
    My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    How the F do you figure that Charlie had 3 yrs? Charlie done had 6 yrs. New coach same as old coach. Time for a coaching change. Now.
    Strong had three seasons. Herman is finishing his third season. Assuming they win the next two games Herman will have won 9 more games than Strong did. If they win out including a bowl game Herman should stay another year, but he will start next season on a very hot seat.

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    Strong had three seasons. Herman is finishing his third season. Assuming they win the next two games Herman will have won 9 more games than Strong did. If they win out including a bowl game Herman should stay another year, but he will start next season on a very hot seat.
    No woodhead, we ain't playing that game. The only thing that matters is whether we win the conference (time schedule for that was last year), getting into the 4 team playoff (this year), and challenging for a championship thereafter. This is an abortion of a team. The exact same issues under Charlie. Same issues now. This is 6 yrs of Charlie. Time for a change.

Post Count
    I wanted to write something clever, but I've said all I'm going to say about the Tom Herman era. He is done as far as I'm concerned.

I hope CDC gets the message.
    Maybe the coaches aren’t the problem.

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    Maybe the coaches aren’t the problem.
    It's the freakin waterboy's fault. Same damn waterboy for 6 freakin years.

I don't see how we beat Baylor.

Watching the collapse benefactor's Avatar
    My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    Just wait for it. Herman will go full Georgia and save his own ass for another year.

I don't see how we beat Baylor despite having 2x the talent.
    FIFY. Get Urban Meyer. Winning shouldn’t be this “hard” against the Iowa State’s, Kansas, Tech’s, etc in year 3.

Also Herman’s specialty is offense. That side of the ball has been getting worse as the year progresses. That’s been a huge red flag for all to see.

The point I was making is that Charlie Strong had 3 years to fix the issue. He didnt, he was fired. Herman has had 3 years and the same unpredictable Texas team, that Strong put out there. As hard as the players were working, following their directions, they deserve better. And if not them, the fans do for sure. Where is red at saying TH should just be offensive coordinator?

My Team
    Texas Tech Red Raiders
    Post Count
    I know longhorn nation can afford a buyout but that's still pretty damn expensive to fire him now

My Team
    Texas Tech Red Raiders
    Post Count
    UT is still more talented on paper.

Damn Rhule is one of a coach though

The point I was making is that Charlie Strong had 3 years to fix the issue. He didnt, he was fired. Herman has had 3 years and the same unpredictable Texas team, that Strong put out there. As hard as the players were working, following their directions, they deserve better. And if not them, the fans do for sure. Where is red at saying TH should just be offensive coordinator?
    While I agree with you that Herman should get the boot, I would say that Strong did nothing in 3 years and last year Herman did manage to beat Oklahoma and Georgia in a New Years game. Strong would have won 6 games last year tops. Herman is a better coach than Strong, but that is not much of a compliment.

Texas fails to come through in close game with Iowa State, leaving Longhorns fans in misery

Texas fans are going to focus on the losses, but that’s not the real story about the failure of the Tom Herman era. It’s actually the close games.
    Over the last two seasons, the Longhorns have played an astounding 16 games that have been decided by seven points or fewer. In other words, among the last 24 games Texas has played, two-thirds of them have basically come down to a coin flip. While that may be a bit of a statistical oversimplification, the larger point is that Texas is playing on a knife’s edge practically every week. And when that happens over and over again, the numbers are eventually going to catch up to you.
    So when you consider that Texas has actually done pretty well in those close games with a 10-6 record over the last two seasons, the bottom-line takeaway is that the Longhorns are somewhat fortunate they haven’t lost more.
    And that’s a big problem for the Longhorns, who fell to 6-4 after a 23-21 loss at Iowa State.

Though everyone screams “Texas is back!” whenever it shows up for a big game, let’s be real. The measurement for Texas isn’t whether it can beat a Georgia or an Oklahoma in a one-off setting. Rather, we’ll know Texas is back for real when it’s not a life-and-death struggle to beat any Big 12 team that has displayed even a little bit of competence.

In the end, that’s the key to running a program that contends nationally. Nobody plays their best football for 12 consecutive weeks. But what teams like Clemson, Alabama Georgia, Ohio State and Oklahoma are able to do is build a margin for error so that their B-game is usually good enough to win without getting into an endless series of coin flips.

In the Big 12, especially, you’re going to play a lot of teams that are pretty good but not great. And what Texas has routinely displayed under Herman is that it cannot beat those teams unless it is playing its best football. For a program that has the capability of recruiting like Texas, that shouldn’t be necessary. And that’s why the Longhorns are No. 1 in the Misery Index, a weekly measurement of knee-jerk reactions based on what each fan base just watched.

https://www.usatoday.com/story/sport...ns/4223592002/

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count

Someone with a high level understanding of college football needs to be brought in to oversee Texas football and to advise CDC on how to best chart the future direction of UT football. I am not in favor of firing Tom Herman at this point, but it is clear he can’t be allowed to have complete control of the program. He simply is failing in too many aspects related to the game day performance of the team.

Coach Herman doesn’t seem to be handling some of the basics well. Effectively, his leadership of the program needs to be put into receivership. He needs to be put on notice of how he is failing, and he needs to be given the help he needs to correct his weaknesses and hopefully save his job.

It doesn’t appear he has mastered the problem of having the team ready to play during the initial stages of any game. The constant problem with penalties shows the team lacks discipline and that Coach Herman is failing to adequately coach the mental aspects of the game. This is especially troublesome considering Herman’s “Mensa” reputation. The defense isn’t being taught basic fundamentals of tackling. The coaching staff has no ability to self-scout. The offensive play calling needs to be addressed. The offensive line is allowing far too many sacks and isn’t pass blocking effectively.

The problems are evident. So is the fact that Tom Herman isn’t addressing them effectively. He needs help to see if his weaknesses can be addressed. If not, he has to be let go and we have to move on to new leadership.

I have no interest in publicly humiliating Tom Herman, but so far he has failed. And I have no interest in putting up with any more of his post failure press conferences where he makes it clear he isn’t getting it that the problem lies at his feet.
    Last edited by Randolph Duke; 11-17-2019 at 06:44 PM.

Post Count
    And I thought the delay on 4th and 5 was bad
    that's what I was talking about.

my unders, my frgn whites pgardn's Avatar
    My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    FIFY. Get Urban Meyer. Winning shouldn’t be this “hard” against the Iowa State’s, Kansas, Tech’s, etc in year 3.

Also Herman’s specialty is offense. That side of the ball has been getting worse as the year progresses. That’s been a huge red flag for all to see.
    No fn way.

2 years here and he has a breakdown again, the lying sac of s...

Hard Times. We have been through this before.
    If it’s solved getting a known piece of _______, I’m out.

It’s sad for me getting two degrees from the same school and investing too much time and effort (watching these games is torturous effort.) My wife, “Why do you care?” I grew up with it. 4 fckn generations.
    And Yep, I get punched in the face every game we suck. But I want to suck with dignity.
    Gotta say I’d rather not suck at all.

Beat Baylor, TT, win our bowl game get our recruits.
    Herman has another year.

Then... Get it done with some dignity.

Post Count
    No fn way.

2 years here and he has a breakdown again, the lying sac of s...

Hard Times. We have been through this before.
    If it’s solved getting a known piece of _______, I’m out.

It’s sad for me getting two degrees from the same school and investing too much time and effort (watching these games is torturous effort.) My wife, “Why do you care?” I grew up with it. 4 fckn generations.
    And Yep, I get punched in the face every game we suck. But I want to suck with dignity.
    Gotta say I’d rather not suck at all.

Beat Baylor, TT, win our bowl game get our recruits.
    Herman has another year.

Then... Get it done with some dignity.
    Very well put. I have a close friend who is a Clemson fan who said, "Dabo Swinney is the wrong choice and should never be anything more than an assistant coach". I think that was in year 3 of Dabo (technically 2 1/2 after Bowden) when Clemson went 6-6. I'm not making a 1 for 1 comparison between Dabo and Tom, but Clemson stayed the course and now my friend is as happy as can be. Stay the course with Tom, make tweaks to get it right and win some damn games next year.

My Team
    Brigham Young Cougars
    Post Count
    Very well put. I have a close friend who is a Clemson fan who said, "Dabo Swinney is the wrong choice and should never be anything more than an assistant coach". I think that was in year 3 of Dabo (technically 2 1/2 after Bowden) when Clemson went 6-6. I'm not making a 1 for 1 comparison between Dabo and Tom, but Clemson stayed the course and now my friend is as happy as can be. Stay the course with Tom, make tweaks to get it right and win some damn games next year.
    dabo also started to use a church to pay for recruits & gave his players hgh when he realized it wasnt going to work out after his 3rd year........

TRU 'cross mah stomach LaMarcus Bryant's Avatar
    Post Count
    Lol Herman should be pilloried for going conservative after being gifted another possession. Let your QB win the game you stupid ass hole.

He's using gas lighting and intimidation to keep the press from getting him to own up to his own failures and inadequacies. He's a horrible freakin coach, if his skin were a darker color his ass would be DONE after this season just like charlie strong. Why are we treating him so differently? Losing to KU should not be the only qualifications needed to get fired from this job.

Lol Herman should be pilloried for going conservative after being gifted another possession. Let your QB win the game you stupid ass hole.

He's using gas lighting and intimidation to keep the press from getting him to own up to his own failures and inadequacies. He's a horrible freakin coach, if his skin were a darker color his ass would be DONE after this season just like charlie strong. Why are we treating him so differently? Losing to KU should not be the only qualifications needed to get fired from this job.
    I'd hate to get into the skin color thing but let's be real, this is true. This is purely my comparison from above.

The team just looks confused out there on defense. Offense, very little enthusiasm, play-calling is predictable. Our offense does not work against any defense with a pulse. We shouldve beaten down Iowa State but we lost, why?

if his skin were a darker color his ass would be DONE after this season just like charlie strong.
    that's just dumb. weak mined people inject racism into every situation. Anyone can play that idiotic game. Let's try this one: It's because Charlie Strong's "skin were a darker color" or "his ass" wouldnt have been hired to begin with. See how easy that is?

Thread Information