View Poll Results: what player will no longer be a spur first?

Voters
93. You may not vote on this poll
  • la

15 16.13%
  • DDR

42 45.16%
  • both get moved and/or leave the same season/offseason

26 27.96%
  • both retire as spurs

10 10.75%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    My Team
    Toronto Raptors
    Post Count
    la won't be a free agent until the summer of 2022.

DDR has a player option for the 20-21 season, if he opts in then he won't be a free agent until the same summer as la.

which player gets moved or walks away from the spurs first? do they leave the same season/offseason? do they both retire as spurs?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    DDR is not a Super Star so we shouldn't offer him Super Star money... I'd say just continue to Reload around LMA for the next 3 years

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Gasol will hopefully be out next year

My Team
    Toronto Raptors
    Post Count
    it’s a tough question but i went with la in large part because he’s older. i could see him asking to be moved before demar would.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    hard to predict, LA's last year is not guaranteed so that's that.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Itll be a long three years

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I think they will both retire as spurs' players. Imagine this team right now which is least likely to make the playoffs according to some analyst, is still competing what more if they will develop the young prospects and play well together. It will give them the reason to stay.

My Team
    Toronto Raptors
    Post Count
    part of the reason why i think both players won’t retire as spurs is because after pop is gone... the org can’t afford to be as loyal/give loyalty contacts out like candy.

My Team
    Toronto Raptors
    Post Count
    maybe DDR does opt out... he could be a player where $ isn't #1 to him. maybe he goes to la.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I’m afraid they’re gonna retire as Spurs. LMA is not gonna be that far away in 2022 but his game is gonna age well. DDR is loyal as and his personality fits the Spurs. It’s hard to imagine either leaving. The only way that happens is if the Spurs tank. Otherwise, we better fall in love because the Spurs and these two are married.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Actually thought a lot about this;

Think L.A. will still be on the team after next season. He has 24 million non-guaranted in year three of the deal, not sure an extension would work because of the raises but a new two-year deal worth, $48 million sounds right- assuming LMA is still putting up similar numbers. That would take him up to age 36.

DeRozen will likely opt out after next season, when he's 30, and sign a new deal. I am afraid of a new deal at around 4 years, $100 million but I think PATFO would be dumb enough to sign it.

He can't shoot 3's, poor defender, declining FT rate and needs the ball in his hand. Paying him something like $27 million when he's 34 is a big no-no.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Unlikely they will leave no other team suits their play style anymore especially DDR who is a perimeter without a 3 shot and D.

My Team
    Toronto Raptors
    Post Count
    don't forget you can opt out demar!

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Spurs are going to "do the right thing" and bend over for LA/DD until they're ready to leave.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Spurs are going to "do the right thing" and bend over for LA/DD until they're ready to leave.
    No e Lee joint that!

My Team
    Toronto Raptors
    Post Count
    i don't doubt la would rather be a blazer today than a spur. no way i see a spurs-blazers trade though. there would need to be third team involved at least. a spurs-blazers trade just is not in the cards.

#POPOUT
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    i don't doubt la would rather be a blazer today than a spur. no way i see a spurs-blazers trade though. there would need to be third team involved at least. a spurs-blazers trade just is not in the cards.
    third team isnt necessary
    Imho ddr and la should be traded now but as long as pop is on the board and spurss strategy wont change they both (LA and ddr) will stay. Things may change when LA confirmes that he want to play for blazers now. If it happens we are screwed as (situation very similar to kawhi) and we get a piece of for him or just nothing by letting him go away after his contract. Its time to move on and trade them for younger assets until its not too late.

My Team
    Toronto Raptors
    Post Count
    third team isnt necessary
    it is. portland isn't trading nurk for him and even then, the money doesn't work out. they obviously also aren't moving dame or cj. portland doens't have a lot of assets. maybe draft picks but the spurs are playing for the present.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    DD before LMA.

Could depend on which contenders have an injury at the G position.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Demar DeRozan, will be back on the Toronto Raptors hopefully at the deadline, at worst he'll be heading there in a sign and trade. As far as I'm concerned they can have him back for OG Anunoby, 2020 1st round pick and a conditional piece.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    LaMarcus Aldridge can go back to Portland for something around Collins, and picks! Make it happen BWright!

#POPOUT
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Demar DeRozan, will be back on the Toronto Raptors hopefully at the deadline, at worst he'll be heading there in a sign and trade. As far as I'm concerned they can have him back for OG Anunoby, 2020 1st round pick and a conditional piece.
    LaMarcus Aldridge can go back to Portland for something around Collins, and picks! Make it happen BWright!
    If it happens thats an A fcking + for the spurs management but tbh i doubt it.

6X ST MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I was hoping the options would be Mills and Forbes among others, tbh.

Snowflakes still lashing out at Touches and DePression, tbh.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Belineli, Forbes and Mills in that order.

My Team
    Toronto Raptors
    Post Count
    how long until la asks for a trade? i don't see demar asking for one because he's much more okay with being a loser.

Thread Information