Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678
    My Team
    Oakland Raiders
    Post Count
    cardinals got awful value for rosen, but otherwise i like their draft a lot.

murphy at the top of round 2 is great (dont care for the isabella pick from the rosen trade)... zach allen at the top of round 3 is great, and then hakeem butler at round 4 might be among the bigger steals. deionte thompson at 5 too.

but this draft will always be weighed by murray vs rosen no matter how well or poorly the other picks do

My Team
    New England Patriots
    Post Count
    I really like our draft. I think nobody will end up being a great player, but many could be decent to good and the positions were mostly big needs, so happy.
    Harry should at least be able to provide what LaFell did in 2014 but probably agreed not a pro bowler. They clearly see something special though because other teams wanted Harry and they could have easily traded down to get more picks which Belichick loves to do.

I like the offensive line picks a lot. They needed a swing tackle to develop in case Wynn doesn’t work or even if he does when Cannon misses 4-6 games with an injury and they have a replacement lined up when Thuney gets a huge deal from Detroit or Miami next year.

Drafting another running back hopefully means Burkhead doesn’t get any more carries either.

It sucks they didn’t get a tight end but the value was never there, all of the good tight ends were reached on too early.

My Team
    New England Patriots
    Post Count
    cardinals got awful value for rosen, but otherwise i like their draft a lot.

murphy at the top of round 2 is great (dont care for the isabella pick from the rosen trade)... zach allen at the top of round 3 is great, and then hakeem butler at round 4 might be among the bigger steals. deionte thompson at 5 too.

but this draft will always be weighed by murray vs rosen no matter how well or poorly the other picks do
    I’ve never seen a team mishandle a QB picked in the top 10 as much as how they mishandled Rosen. They rushed Rosen into the field behind a disaster of an offensive line to run an offense with horrible coaching then they sell low on him after one year of ty play from him that was caused by their incompetence more than by Rosen himself.

My Team
    Oakland Raiders
    Post Count
    i'm lukewarm on the raiders draft...

i like ferrell a lot as a player (wrote about him fairly extensively pre-draft)... but the value at 4 just wasn't there. even if they didnt get any good trade back deals, still better to take a mediocre one if you're getting ferrell anyway. they botched it, but wound up with a pretty high floor guy who can play the run and pass and has multiple pass rush moves

josh jacobs pick was disappointing. dont like taking RB's in the first unless they're unique talents like barkley/peterson. but he should still easily wind up with 1300+ yards this year, since he's also a great receiver

after that i actually liked the picks we made, but those don't weigh as much as the earlier picks.

abram at safety at the end of the first was nice. karl joseph is on the last year of his deal, joyner is guaranteed only for 2 years. he's a legit strong safety.

trayvon mullen at CB in round 2 was a strong pick. would have preferred greedy but he still projects as a starter, especially on nickel downs.

maxx crosby represents good value in the 4th and gives us another rotational DE. we needed multiple, we got 2.

then took another big/fast corner, a tight end with legit starting potential. renfrow is a slot receiver, which we are pretty thin at (ryan grant). dont care for the last pick, he's probably a practice squad guy

Overall i give it a B-. They made up for a shaky start with solid midround picks on players with value and fitting positional need.

Veteran
    My Team
    Denver Broncos
    Post Count
    Someone that knows more about college ball tel me if the Dre Lock pick was intelligent?

My Team
    New England Patriots
    Post Count
    Someone that knows more about college ball tel me if the Dre Lock pick was intelligent?
    I wasn’t a fan but other than that Broncos had a really solid draft imo.

My Team
    San Francisco 49ers
    Post Count
    He has all the tools that you want as a QB. He made a sorry Mizzou team respectable. And he was a projected 1st round pick going into the draft. Getting him at 42 was a steal.

My Team
    Oakland Raiders
    Post Count
    hes jay cutler

Enemy of the System Millennial_Messiah's Avatar
    My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    the Cowboys for not getting UDFA Tyree Williams.

They could have had their QB of the future, who's just as good/accurate as Dak Prescott but is 3 inches taller and runs a 4.5. They could have had him for a 7th rounder and flipped Prescott for a 1st and 2nd next year. Dumbass Jerry...

Believe.
    Post Count
    I hate to see these ratings on the draft now. We won't know for a few years how this draft actually went.

I do know one thing Josh Jacobs wasn't all that, a dumb pick for the Raiders.

Why are my Niners wasting a pick on a TE?

The Giants are stupid.

I do have doubts that Murray is ready for the pro game, he scored a 20 on that Wonderlic test, at 15 he's on twitter calling everyone a , he bailed on a contract in baseball, he quit on Texas A&M, he has sucked in every interview and his dad hangs around. Prediction.....Cards regret letting Rosen go.

My Team
    Buffalo Bills
    Post Count
    I'm pleased with our draft other than the Singletary pick (but I'd love to be proven wrong here), and
    Beane made some solid FA acquisitions on affordable deals to help Allen out. Josh looked pretty damn good to finish the season, and if he continues his development then Buffalo should be back in playoff contention come 2020. I'm excited about our defense next season, though...has the potential to be elite if we can get decent DB play outside of Tre White.

My Team
    New England Patriots
    Post Count
    I'm pleased with our draft other than the Singletary pick (but I'd love to be proven wrong here), and
    Beane made some solid FA acquisitions on affordable deals to help Allen out. Josh looked pretty damn good to finish the season, and if he continues his development then Buffalo should be back in playoff contention come 2020. I'm excited about our defense next season, though...has the potential to be elite if we can get decent DB play outside of Tre White.
    Bills had maybe the best draft of any team. Oliver might have a higher ceiling than anyone else in the draft and was a steal where they took him.

The AFC East is going to be brutal in 1-2 years imo. Rosen is by far better than any other prospect Miami has had as a potential Marino replacement and the Bills are putting a really good team around Josh Allen.

Enemy of the System Millennial_Messiah's Avatar
    My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    Bills had maybe the best draft of any team. Oliver might have a higher ceiling than anyone else in the draft and was a steal where they took him.

The AFC East is going to be brutal in 1-2 years imo. Rosen is by far better than any other prospect Miami has had as a potential Marino replacement and the Bills are putting a really good team around Josh Allen.
    I think you're way overrating Josh Allen (the QB) and Josh Rosen. Neither of them are very good. Also, the Redskins had a better draft than the Bills.

My Team
    Oakland Raiders
    Post Count
    Oliver and Ford at 1 and 2 were both great picks for Buffalo. love what they did at the top

My Favorite Faded Fantasy The Gemini Method's Avatar
    My Team
    St. Louis Rams
    Post Count
    Not sure what to make of the Rams' draft.

We addressed some line needs and got help at Linebacker. Looks like the team is happy with what we have in house and adding some pieces may be for depth which was an issue last year. I guess it's up to Notebloom to come in and man the line. Kupp returning may be the best quasi-draft thing going for the team. The drafting of another RB is concerning. Is Gurley going to be this annual question mark? I surely hope not.

Millennial Messiah UNT Eagles 2016's Avatar
    My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    Drafting RBs in the first 3 rounds is stupid tbh.

We've got a job to do. Darth_Pelican's Avatar
    My Team
    New Orleans Saints
    Post Count
    Drafting RBs in the first 3 rounds is stupid tbh.
    Yeah, the Saints drafting Alvin Kamara in the 3rd round was a horrible pick. lol smh

My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    Yeah, the Saints drafting Alvin Kamara in the 3rd round was a horrible pick. lol smh
    At least the first 2 rounds

3rd is iffy but he better be damn good and a year 1 major contributor (Kamara, Hunt were)

any GM who drafts a RB in the first round should get a lobotomy... or even better, a lobectomy.

My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    At least the first 2 rounds

3rd is iffy but he better be damn good and a year 1 major contributor (Kamara, Hunt were)

any GM who drafts a RB in the first round should get a lobotomy... or even better, a lobectomy.
    You always point to the Patriots as the epitome of greatness and smart decisions.
    Now you're saying their GM is stupid.

You can't have it both ways.

My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    You always point to the Patriots as the epitome of greatness and smart decisions.
    Now you're saying their GM is stupid.

You can't have it both ways.
    Even Will Hunting hated the Michel pick. It is what it is. Imagine the Patriots with Darius Leonard next to Hightower and Van Noy. Bell cows were available later in the draft. Oh well, they won anyway because the league just sucked last year outside of the Chiefs who had a historically sucky defense.

My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    Even Will Hunting hated the Michel pick. It is what it is. Imagine the Patriots with Darius Leonard next to Hightower and Van Noy. Bell cows were available later in the draft. Oh well, they won anyway because the league just sucked last year outside of the Chiefs who had a historically sucky defense.
    We’re not talking about Will Hunting. We’re talking about you extolling the Pats one day and contradicting yourself the next. Then qualifying their Super Bowl.

Personally, I think the Michele pick was bad. He’s got an injury history and my guess is that he’ll have knee problems his whole career.

But that hat has nothing to do with taking an RB in the late first round.

That being said, in general, using an early pick on RB is a bad idea. There’s not a lot of separation between the top college RBs. And I don’t think you get any extra wins by taking the #1 RB over the #10 RB. Especially if you have a good O line.

Barkley is an outlier in that he probably is worth a high pick for certain teams. Giants aren’t one of them though. You gotta be in SB contention to make that pick.

Anyway, the point of my post was to point out your consistent vacillation between your opinions.

My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    Barkley is an outlier in that he probably is worth a high pick for certain teams. Giants aren’t one of them though. You gotta be in SB contention to make that pick.
    And if you're in SB contention... it's irrelevant because you're not picking him anyway unless you trade the farm for him which probably pisses away your super bowl anyway.

My Team
    Oakland Raiders
    Post Count

My Team
    San Francisco 49ers
    Post Count
    CURRENTLY ON ABC

SportsCenter Special: Grading the 2019 NFL Draft

. Force feeding the poor American public to digest this pile of amateur .

My Team
    Oakland Raiders
    Post Count
    you post about the NFL as much as anybody

Thread Information