Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    Confusing. If Kraft didn't do anything wrong then what is he apologizing for
    ?

Kraft releases statement, says he is 'truly sorry'

FOXBOROUGH, Mass. -- New England Patriots owner Robert Kraft commented for the first time since he was officially charged with two misdemeanor counts of first-degree solicitation.
    "I am truly sorry," Kraft said in a statement. "I know I have hurt and disappointed my family, my close friends, my co-workers, our fans and many others who rightfully hold me to a higher standard."
    Kraft said he had remained silent since the charges "in deference to the judicial process." He has pleaded not guilty.
    "Throughout my life, I have always tried to do the right thing. The last thing I would ever want to do is disrespect another human being. I have extraordinary respect for women; my morals and my soul were shaped by the most wonderful woman, the love of my life, who I was blessed to have as my partner for 50 years," Kraft said in the statement.
    "As I move forward, I hope to continue to use the platform with which I have been blessed to help others and to try to make a difference. I expect to be judged not by my words, but by my actions. And through those actions, I hope to regain your confidence and respect."
    Kraft's court date is set for March 28.
    Before that, the NFL's annual owners meeting will be held in Arizona, starting Sunday and extending through Wednesday. Kraft is expected to be present.
    In his statement, Kraft said his lawyer commented for the first time Friday night "to correct some of the misinformation surrounding this matter."
    Kraft's lawyer, William Burck, told ESPN: "There was no human trafficking and law enforcement knows it. The video and the traffic stop were illegal and law enforcement just doesn't want to admit it. The state attorney needs to step up and do the right thing and investigate how the evidence in this case was obtained."

BTW i agree law enforcemnt and the DA clearly targeting Kraft.

another Alex Acosta-style special:
    I don't think so.
    About 20+ other guys in the Kraft sting are getting the same offer.
    With Epstein, pretty sure no one else gets that kind of obvious rigged deal. Acosta style.

If by "legal loophole" you mean "creating reasonable doubt", then sure.
    the prosecution is seriously thinking about airing to the public the video of Kraft getting a handy etc? Look, if video of this spa or Kraft getting head from mono is available, it should be kept private. I'm in Krafts corner on motion to suppress.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nfl...cid=spartandhp

My Team
    Oakland Raiders
    Post Count
    should just be under seal

should just be under seal
    meaning a jury gets to see it?

My Team
    Oakland Raiders
    Post Count
    meaning a jury gets to see it?
    yes, if they're disputing the facts on the footage

the way a defendant will usually get out of having the jury watch graphic/prejudicial footage would be to stipulate to the facts. as in instead of showing him getting a rub and tug, you have them make an admission to the jury that he got a rub and tug. of course, prosecutors will typically demand that the confession itself be detailed, while defendants want to keep it very simple. the judge will then weigh on how much is appropriate.

Prosecution and some media really wanting to play the rub n tug video.

His (Krafts) legal team is fresh off a win on Tuesday, when they successfully persuaded Hanser to temporarily block prosecutors from releasing the hidden-camera footage to media outlets, which had requested copies under the state's robust open records law.

The warrant, Kraft's lawyers claim, was secured under false pretenses because police officers cited human trafficking as a potential crime in their application. Prosecutors have since acknowledged that the investigation yielded no evidence of trafficking.Palm Beach County prosecutors in a court filing on Wednesday said Kraft's motion should be rejected because he could not have expected privacy while visiting a commercial establishment to engage in criminal activity.That prompted an indignant response from Kraft's attorneys, who said the prosecution's position on privacy was "unhinged."

Video evidence tossed.

Win virtually guaranteed for Kraft now.
    https://www.bostonglobe.com/metro/2019/05/14/five-things-about-fla-judge-ruling-tossing-video-evidence-robert-kraft-case/ubfY4z65fV3Ef2DSuHgh2K/story.html

Thread Information