Missing the playoffs.
    Horrible basketball played.
    30-35 record.
    And this.

Joke of a franchise.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    So LeBron makes the Finals every year out of the East, but can't make the playoffs in the West. Tell me again how he's the best ever? Top 10, yes, but this GOAT talk is disrespectful to some other greats. Dude got lucky to win 2 of his 3 finals rings. Easily could have been 1-8

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

my unders, my frgn whites pgardn's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The Lakers are not cooperating with the plan of TheGiantFloatingTurd.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    goddamn the lakers are horrible

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    This conspiracy theory died a quiet death.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Down 16.
    2-8 record on their last 10.
    Missing the playoffs.
    Horrible basketball played.
    30-35 record.
    And this.

Joke of a franchise.
    It's gonna be weird for Lakers fans when he passes Kobe. Hopefully it happens on Staple Center.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The most depressing (and fascinating) part for Lakers fans is that there isn't even really hope of greater things to come...

Players don't want to sign there (the biggest market and hyped franchise of the league!) and GMs don't wanna deal with them...

All they got these past few years is past their prime washed up stars (Malone, Nash, Lebron (it's the beginning of the end for him, mentally more than anything and he came here for his business) or disgruntled, has beens/never beens (Brooke Lopez, McGee, Lance, Rajon... that always badly fails...

Oh, and they reached that point with 3 top 3 picks and no franchise has lost more than the Lakers in the past 5-6 years...

LA's trying to revive their past glory instead on building a new one, they're dysfunctional at every level... Be grateful for PATFO, peeps...
    Last edited by JPB; 03-11-2019 at 01:36 AM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I have no doubt in my mind that If LeBron was in the West his whole career he would only have been considered as a very good all star but not a legend and maybe somewhere even in the top 30 of all time. Just saying...

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I have no doubt in my mind that If LeBron was in the West his whole career he would only have been considered as a very good all star but not a legend and maybe somewhere even in the top 30 of all time. Just saying...
    Something like a Carmelo Anthony?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Hmm a very intriguing point

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Very true point. Imagine Duncan in the East his whole career. If the lottery balls had bounced the Celtics way like the odds said they would Timmy could have 15 Finals appearances on his resume. Who would have ever stood in his way out east except for a challenge from the Pistons in the mid-2000s? It took a super-team and luck for LeBron to capture his first two les. The Cleveland le was an astonishing 3-1 meltdown by the Warriors. I'm not saying take away anything from those 3 rings, but Tim might have had 8-10 championships by being in the Finals almost every year.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Great point.

I mean team success isn't everything but he was 1-2 against the Spurs, 1-3 vs Golden State, 0-1 vs Dallas. In the finals he's now 1-2 vs Durant, 1-2 vs Duncan (with his 1 win by the narrowest of margins vs a sweep and the biggest differential in Finals history in the 2 losses respectively), and 0-1 vs Dirk, so there's 3 forwards who have bragging rights over him. Again, not saying it is everything. But making it an either/or of the GOAT MUST BE Jordan or LeBron is silly when others have so much success against you. Not to mention Kareem should have a say too.

My view is LeBron is kinda like Wilt. The numbers will be staggering when done, and he was dominate enough to get a couple of championships (Wilt 2, LBJ 3) but he was never quite as good as you think when others (Russell for Wilt, TD, Splash Brothers, Durant for LBJ) win the long term war. And, if the excuse is, LBJ's teams weren't good enough, well, he choose where he wanted to go. Only Durant, of the people I mentioned, was similar.

You Are Not Worthy ZeusWillJudge's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Hard to argue with. I don't like LeBron, but I've always tried to give him the credit he's due. But you can't overlook just how ridiculously stacked the Western Conference was during the Duncan years. And not just stacked - to get out of the West, you had to be flexible enough to win different ways, against teams that were very good in very different ways. In the East, any team with Duncan would have just been a steamroller.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    In all honesty, as much as I dislike him, I have always thought LeBron had a legitimate argument for GOAT - not strongly supported by his accomplishments, but the guy had all the physical tools and skills and was a beast, size-wise, able to play virtually 1-5, if he were inclined. But your point has shed new light on LeBron's career for my eyes. Good post!
    Last edited by sasaint; 03-12-2019 at 01:20 PM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Great point.

I mean team success isn't everything but he was 1-2 against the Spurs, 1-3 vs Golden State, 0-1 vs Dallas. In the finals he's now 1-2 vs Durant, 1-2 vs Duncan (with his 1 win by the narrowest of margins vs a sweep and the biggest differential in Finals history in the 2 losses respectively), and 0-1 vs Dirk, so there's 3 forwards who have bragging rights over him. Again, not saying it is everything. But making it an either/or of the GOAT MUST BE Jordan or LeBron is silly when others have so much success against you. Not to mention Kareem should have a say too.

My view is LeBron is kinda like Wilt. The numbers will be staggering when done, and he was dominate enough to get a couple of championships (Wilt 2, LBJ 3) but he was never quite as good as you think when others (Russell for Wilt, TD, Splash Brothers, Durant for LBJ) win the long term war. And, if the excuse is, LBJ's teams weren't good enough, well, he choose where he wanted to go. Only Durant, of the people I mentioned, was similar.
    Just another layer to add to Tim's loyalty to the Spurs. Really only the one flirtation with Orlando that I know of... Did Tim ever think, "Wow, I should just go to the Least and clean up"?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Something like a Carmelo Anthony?
    Hmm a very intriguing point
    Very true point. Imagine Duncan in the East his whole career. If the lottery balls had bounced the Celtics way like the odds said they would Timmy could have 15 Finals appearances on his resume. Who would have ever stood in his way out east except for a challenge from the Pistons in the mid-2000s? It took a super-team and luck for LeBron to capture his first two les. The Cleveland le was an astonishing 3-1 meltdown by the Warriors. I'm not saying take away anything from those 3 rings, but Tim might have had 8-10 championships by being in the Finals almost every year.
    Great point.

Hard to argue with. I don't like LeBron, but I've always tried to give him the credit he's due. But you can't overlook just how ridiculously stacked the Western Conference was during the Duncan years. And not just stacked - to get out of the West, you had to be flexible enough to win different ways, against teams that were very good in very different ways. In the East, any team with Duncan would have just been a steamroller.
    lol sons.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Don’t forget that his teammates would have been Western conference players too.. it’s not just about the main star that has led to the success of the western conference. Lebron is probably the greatest individual player ever when it comes to overall court performance from a basketball standpoint but people love to bring career success into play and not consider all the other variables(teams they played against, who was injured, who struggled, etc). That’s why I stay out of these talks most of the time because most of it is completely opinionated and no way to ever prove who’s the best. I understand the side where it creates fun and intense debates though.. so carry on.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Days are left to Walton fired...LaBoom gets to select next coach, sign Carmello next season, will strike out on major free agents....

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Days are left to Walton fired...LaBoom gets to select next coach, sign Carmello next season, will strike out on major free agents....
    A big time coach would not help this team imo, unless Lebron learns to be coached. I’m also curious what their young players reaction after being openly shopped around.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    So LeBron goes to the Lakers and not only do they miss the playoffs, but they may actually end up with a worse record than last year. They have to go 8-9 the rest of the way to beat last year's record. They have a very tough schedule against a lot of teams from the West that are jockeying for the playoffs. Looking at their schedule and the fact that they are limiting LeBron's minutes now I think they go 5-12 or 6-11 to close. I made 2 bets when I was in Vegas before the start of the season. One was on the Spurs to win more than 42 1/2 games and for the Lakers to lose more than 52 1/2 games. Easy money.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Just another layer to add to Tim's loyalty to the Spurs. Really only the one flirtation with Orlando that I know of... Did Tim ever think, "Wow, I should just go to the Least and clean up"?
    I'm not trying to argue his loyalty. But it would have been foolish to leave a team with Manu and Tony with the best coach at the time and having a legit shot at a ring every year. Having that kind of organization around a player tends to help with the loyalty part. They really have him no reason to want to change teams.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    According to ESPN, the Pels are set not to send AD to the Lakers. Thye must be seriously pissed at Magic bullying tactics. Plus they have the same ownership of the Saints who were robbed and raped by LA team (their lady owner wrote a great letter to the fans about being livid at the robbery).
    I hope Toronto sign nephew and then somehow find the way to trade him for AD: god that would be fun (I know it is technically impossible, but it would be lovely).

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    According to ESPN, the Pels are set not to send AD to the Lakers. Thye must be seriously pissed at Magic bullying tactics. Plus they have the same ownership of the Saints who were robbed and raped by LA team (their lady owner wrote a great letter to the fans about being livid at the robbery).
    I hope Toronto sign nephew and then somehow find the way to trade him for AD: god that would be fun (I know it is technically impossible, but it would be lovely).
    Even outside of the collusion crap, the value of the Lakers offer has fallen even since the trade deadline:

Ball - out for season with ankle issue, still has a bat crazy father who doesn't want him in NO
    Ingram - out for season due to DVT, could be career threatening
    Kuzma - good on offense, net negative on defense

All of the rest are veterans and scraps nobody wants.

I don't think the Lakers 10th-12th pick is really gonna seal the deal.

Thread Information