Page 11 of 55 FirstFirst ... 78910111213141521 ... LastLast
    Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    midnightpulp When was the last time the reigning champs were this bad? You're the Baseball expert of ST and I'm having a hard time coming up with a any recent examples.

I mean, I dont get how they haven't fixed their problem because the problem it's known. Has been for a couple of years now. They just dont give a and are to faith dependent hoping their pitchers just come around.

My Team
    Chicago Bulls
    Post Count
    midnightpulp When was the last time the reigning champs were this bad? You're the Baseball expert of ST and I'm having a hard time coming up with a any recent examples.

I mean, I dont get how they haven't fixed their problem because the problem it's known. Has been for a couple of years now. They just dont give a and are to faith dependent hoping their pitchers just come around.
    Well Boston rarely repeats..,. They tend to rebuild/retool and return with a bang the following season.

2014 Red Sox lost 91 games

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Well Boston rarely repeats..,. They tend to rebuild/retool and return with a bang the following season.
    Well repeating in Baseball is rare to begin with so it has nothing to do with the Red Sox.

The Red Sox dont really retool. Their main thing is hoping/switching managers and hope all goes well. Adding minor pieces doesn't really count as retooling in my book.

I think they need to start from zero with their pitching staff and roster.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Frostking seemed to answer that. That said, they're not that bad. They have the 2nd Wildcard spot as of now. Good news is their run production is the same as last year, bad news is their pitching is giving up .70 more runs per game (probably due to no longer having Kelly and Kimbrel, who were good in the regular season. Starters are also underperforming). I'd actually rather have my pitching slumping than my offense slumping, since hitting is the harder issue in baseball to fix, while pitching can be shored up with timely free agent signings, call ups, and mechanical adjustments.

AL East was always going to be a blood bath. Top 3 teams are strong.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Dodgers with 3 straight walk offs in a row, all dingers by rookies

My Team
    Houston Rockets
    Post Count

On pace for 28 HRs by End of September. Springer due back next week. Need starting pitching though

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Bet "tie" for 1st inning Kershaw vs Grienke.

What a suck out. 3-3! Nice.

My Team
    Chicago Bulls
    Post Count
    Manny got warm ovation in Baltimore? Surprise

Giving respect to your ex is IN baseball right now

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    This Yankees-Sox game being played in Williamsport?

My Team
    Chicago Bulls
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    This Yankees-Sox game being played in Williamsport?
    Didn't get a chance to watch, but 17-13, with a 12 run first inning.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Supposedly manufacturing tolerances are tighter than ever before, resulting in a more precisely centered core in each baseball, which reduces wobble in flight and thus drag. I don't have a problem with it, whether or not it was sanctioned by MLB. Pitching has far outpaced hitting in the arms race and hitters needed a bit of equalizer. Maybe this will lead to reduced strikeouts since hitters will realize you don't have to swing like you're chopping wood in order to hit the ball hard and far. More controlled swing, less strikeouts, more balls in play.

My Team
    Chicago Bulls
    Post Count
    Supposedly manufacturing tolerances are tighter than ever before, resulting in a more precisely centered core in each baseball, which reduces wobble in flight and thus drag. I don't have a problem with it, whether or not it was sanctioned by MLB. Pitching has far outpaced hitting in the arms race and hitters needed a bit of equalizer. Maybe this will lead to reduced strikeouts since hitters will realize you don't have to swing like you're chopping wood in order to hit the ball hard and far. More controlled swing, less strikeouts, more balls in play.
    Good stuff

I was aware of the "tighter ball" but this explains it better

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Angels pitcher Tyler Skaggs dead at 27 after cocaine overdose: https://www.espn.com/mlb/story/_/id/...-27-dies-texas

6X ST MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Angels starter Tyler Skaggs delivers a pitch in his final game Saturday against the Oakland Athletics at Angel Stadium. (Marcio Jose Sanchez / Associated Press)

6X ST MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Angels pitcher Tyler Skaggs dead at 27 after cocaine overdose: https://www.espn.com/mlb/story/_/id/...-27-dies-texas
    Angels have shot down the overdose cause of death, but I think it's more than likely given his age. https://www.metro.us/sports/bet/advi...ath-what-rip45

Maybe Fentanyl? That is terrifying. The equivalent of like 5 grains of salt is lethal.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Angels have shot down the overdose cause of death, but I think it's more than likely given his age. https://www.metro.us/sports/bet/advi...ath-what-rip45

Maybe Fentanyl? That is terrifying. The equivalent of like 5 grains of salt is lethal.
    True, I heard LA (more specifically SD) has recently had a spate of fentanyl od's in the news these past couple months

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count

#YOLO, atleast he died young wild and free

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Bellingod winning DeadlyDynasty more cash.

https://streamable.com/cv9bp

Insane pulling 97mph on the outside like that.

My Team
    New Orleans Pelicans
    Post Count
    I hate it to be honest. It's too easy to hit home runs. Makes the game like today's NBA and NFL when it comes to scoring. Basically it's all about walks and HRs just like the NBA is all about 3-point shooting and the NFL is about passing. Defense, contact hitting, base-running doesn't matter as much now. it.

My Team
    Chicago Bulls
    Post Count
    Phillies in 3rd Place

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Phillies in 3rd Place
    Braves looking scary. Rebirth of Donaldson has been big for them. As you said, pitching does need to be tightened up, but I don't want to see them in the playoffs regardless.

My Team
    Chicago Bulls
    Post Count
    Braves looking scary. Rebirth of Donaldson has been big for them. As you said, pitching does need to be tightened up, but I don't want to see them in the playoffs regardless.

I bet we come out cold to start the 2nd Half. Acuna suffers from HR derby curse

I'm attending the 2nd game of 2nd Half in San Diego

Thread Information