Page 16 of 55 FirstFirst ... 612131415161718192026 ... LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If you'd told me in late May that the Indians would be 22 games over .500 in the first week of August I would've thought you were nuts.
    And very good trade last week for the playoffs push.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Lol Sorry. MVPs don’t go to dudes who have repeatedly missed the playoffs
    Meh. I think ARod got an MVP on a Texas ranger team that had a losing record.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    mid, anyone,

What is the stat that tells RBIs in relation to RBI opportunites? To me, should also be factored in how many outs. Example, man on 3rd with nobody out? Striking out there should cost more points then striking out with man on 2nd and 2 outs.

I've contended for years that Trouts RBI totals are more impressive then some of the fat hitting teams like Boston and Houston.
    This year Trouts leading the league in RBIs, along with his other stats are MVP caliber. Don't give a rats ass that
    todays MLB media person
    Insists on sticking with the archaic *award winner must come from winning team* tired, way past worn out schtik.
    You mean RISP (runners in scoring position) stats?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You mean RISP (runners in scoring position) stats?
    Ya does it break it down to men on 3b with no outs?
    2b with 2 outs etc.

Outa be some kind of way to gauge that.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Ya does it break it down to men on 3b with no outs?
    2b with 2 outs etc.

Outa be some kind of way to gauge that.
    That's too advanced. I don't really think GM's go that in depth because some of that comes down to the manager making calls to the hitter depending on those different scenarios.

My Team
    Chicago Bulls
    Post Count
    "Scouts are thinking about the Braves lineup after Waters and Pache are added..Some think the Braves will become the fastest lineup to take the field in 20 years. He said he couldn't remember a team since the 80s Cardinals that had 5(Acuña Oz Dans Pache and Waters) plus plus speed guys"

The DH

"A lot of buzz thinking a bunch of NL teams will make a big push to add the DH. The main reason, hitters are cheaper than pitchers. Also they are tired of the compe ive disadvantage. Many have watched Cruz transform the Twins lineup at a very low cost and want to be able take similar steps"

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If you'd told me in late May that the Indians would be 22 games over .500 in the first week of August I would've thought you were nuts.
    This is what I love about the long season. It's a marathon, not a race. And it's always fun to watch teams who thought were dead make a run. The Mets resurrection has been fun to see.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    mid, anyone,

What is the stat that tells RBIs in relation to RBI opportunites? To me, should also be factored in how many outs. Example, man on 3rd with nobody out? Striking out there should cost more points then striking out with man on 2nd and 2 outs.

I've contended for years that Trouts RBI totals are more impressive then some of the fat hitting teams like Boston and Houston.
    This year Trouts leading the league in RBIs, along with his other stats are MVP caliber. Don't give a rats ass that
    todays MLB media person
    Insists on sticking with the archaic *award winner must come from winning team* tired, way past worn out schtik.
    I don't think there's a stat that breaks down by specific base location and outs. Best I can find is looking at the advanced splits.

https://www.fangraphs.com/statsplits...OF&season=2019

Trout has a 1.191 OPS with men in scoring position, which is pretty godly.

6X ST MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/mlb...cid=spartandhp

Twins should sit Cruz for a month and a half. They need to be healthy for the postseason.

6X ST MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    mid, anyone,

todays MLB media person
    Trout has been robbed of an MVP or two. My thought is that voters won't be eager to rob him on that basis.

Also, that is more of a basketball thing than a baseball thing to discourage stat stuffing.

6X ST MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Angels have lost 8 straight. That's the mf Angels I know. Don't bother to make even a faint run at the Wild Card. And they haven't even had a lead during that time that I've seen when I tuned in on TV; and it's never even close. You can set your watch by this utterly bad play.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Angels have lost 8 straight. That's the mf Angels I know. Don't bother to make even a faint run at the Wild Card. And they haven't even had a lead during that time that I've seen when I tuned in on TV; and it's never even close. You can set your watch by this utterly bad play.
    Losing LaStella was a big blow. And Pujols is still on the team. Once that albatross is gone, they can start moving forward. Ohtani, Trout, Fletcher, LaStella, Simmons is a nice offensive core. Their pitching rotation is in shambles, though.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Losing to an equally bad team who had lost like 9 straight games up to that point. Angels

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Astrohs acquire Aaron Sanchez 3-14 from Toronto and immediately add him to the rotation. WTF

Then he hurls a 6 inning shutout his 1st game out.

I dunno, can I put money on the Astros today?

6X ST MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Losing to an equally bad team who had lost like 9 straight games up to that point. Angels
    Their lineup is adequate but not strong; and when they go in lulls, there's not starting pitching to prop them up. The Angels faint playoff hopes died with Skaggs. We couldn't afford to lose a quality starting pitcher. We were already threadbare in that department; a case could be made that he was effectively our ace.

6X ST MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    And Pujols is still on the team. Once that albatross is gone
    I knew that was a huge albatross the second we signed him. Angels GMs have been so bad. And the sad thing is they had made those types of mistakes in the preceding decade, and they just one-upped their jack assery with the Pujols signing.

And we know Pujols won't retire and leave all that money on the table. He's so fat, slow, and offensively inefficient that I doubt he'll even entertain a buyout because he's greedy and won't take that kind of pay cut for a team for whom he has well under performed. If he does, it will be the year after next (when his production drops further) in the last year of his contract to save face over just being outright cut.

My Team
    Houston Rockets
    Post Count

My Team
    Houston Rockets
    Post Count

Rookie. Of. Year.

My Team
    New Orleans Pelicans
    Post Count
    Mets keep winning. Legit shot at top wild card spot now.

My Team
    Chicago Bulls
    Post Count

My Team
    Houston Rockets
    Post Count

based Yordan

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Air Yordan is sick. This team is sick.

Enemy of the System Millennial_Messiah's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Air Yordan is sick. This team is sick.
    All time choke job if they don't win the WS this year.

My Team
    Chicago Bulls
    Post Count

[/url]

My Team
    Chicago Bulls
    Post Count

Thread Information