Page 45 of 55 FirstFirst ... 35414243444546474849 ... LastLast
Results 1,101 to 1,125 of 1370
    Enemy of the System Millennial_Messiah's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The math of the 3 pointer is just too powerful for styles to diversify. League 3 point attempts are even higher this season. We won't see something like the 4 down Spurs face off against the SSOL Suns anytime soon
    that and the NBA's dumb rule changes calling ticky tack fouls for everything even a long way from the basket, and resetting the shot clock to 14 instead of 24 after an offensive rebound also artificially inflates scores.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Whoever wins tonight does so in a blowout imo.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    So holding your bat slightly longer than normal is considered a big insult?
    Some ancient old phuck custom.

But this carrying it to 1b. WTF is that all about? I thought maybe he was going to collect it for future sale or keepsake. But then that could easily be done back in the dugout. Ya sure seems like major gotry move. I see where Bergman apologized. But Soto thought it was pretty cool, decided to do it himself. More self absorbed gotry coming our way in MLB along with the rest of
    Todays Sports?

My Team
    Chicago Bulls
    Post Count
    Some ancient old phuck custom.

But this carrying it to 1b. WTF is that all about? I thought maybe he was going to collect it for future sale or keepsake. But then that could easily be done back in the dugout. Ya sure seems like major gotry move. I see where Bergman apologized. But Soto thought it was pretty cool, decided to do it himself. More self absorbed gotry coming our way in MLB along with the rest of
    Todays Sports?
    MLB thinks it will increase viewership. You see it in their advertising "we play loud". They add the young angle to try and not make it so race based. Hey, America is turning brown and assuming people of similar skin color will be drawn to that isn't a bad gamble. I personally would stomach the NFL/NBA product more if it were whiter.

But I think it is short sighted if MLB doesn't also expect the increased controversy that comes with it. Whether it be bringing social awareness or just more arrogance on & off the field. Earlier I clicked on ESPN1 "Black QBs Wahoo" and then ESPN2 "Irving wouldn't be judged this way if he were White". Click and click. MLB avoids this stuff and keeps me tuned in. Dunno how much longer that will last though. Eventually the brown players will out number whites and then we will be forced to "be aware" of their struggle and their social/cultural norms etc etc

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    This is ing ridiculous, but road sweet road it is.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Tonight is for all the marbles. Go Astros tbh.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    So holding your bat slightly longer than normal is considered a big insult?
    Not an insult but more “showing ur opponent up” which I do not care about personally.
    My take is Bergman and his banty rooster at ude is stupid. You do not do that. You act like you been there and Do Not Piss Shaq off. He pissed off his opponent off and that did his team no favors.

Put your head down and run around the bases and celebrate in the dugout.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    MLB thinks it will increase viewership. You see it in their advertising "we play loud". They add the young angle to try and not make it so race based. Hey, America is turning brown and assuming people of similar skin color will be drawn to that isn't a bad gamble. I personally would stomach the NFL/NBA product more if it were whiter.

But I think it is short sighted if MLB doesn't also expect the increased controversy that comes with it. Whether it be bringing social awareness or just more arrogance on & off the field. Earlier I clicked on ESPN1 "Black QBs Wahoo" and then ESPN2 "Irving wouldn't be judged this way if he were White". Click and click. MLB avoids this stuff and keeps me tuned in. Dunno how much longer that will last though. Eventually the brown players will out number whites and then we will be forced to "be aware" of their struggle and their social/cultural norms etc etc
    Why? In our past discussions about race, I've explained how nonsense of a concept it really is, and that skin color is merely a surface phenotypical trait just like height, hair color, and eye color. At the fundamental genetic level, you might be closer to Lebron James than to Gordon Haywood. Maybe your problem is cultural? I personally don't like aggressive urban rap culture that has come to define the NBA, and to an extent, the NFL. Doesn't mean I don't like "black culture," as I have a great affinity for the Blues, Jazz, Soul, and Funk, and some forms of Hip-Hop, but like trap music and its culture is garbage. I seriously doubt you'd have a problem if the MLB was filled with Tony Gwynns and Fred McGriffs. Or the NBA filled with David Robinsons.

And yes, I do agree modern media stokes this by making EVERYTHING about race, digging for any racial angle they can find. It's what unfortunately gets clicks and twitter followers today.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Why? In our past discussions about race, I've explained how nonsense of a concept it really is, and that skin color is merely a surface phenotypical trait just like height, hair color, and eye color. At the fundamental genetic level, you might be closer to Lebron James than to Gordon Haywood. Maybe your problem is cultural? I personally don't like aggressive urban rap culture that has come to define the NBA, and to an extent, the NFL. Doesn't mean I don't like "black culture," as I have a great affinity for the Blues, Jazz, Soul, and Funk, and some forms of Hip-Hop, but like trap music and its culture is garbage. I seriously doubt you'd have a problem if the MLB was filled with Tony Gwynns and Fred McGriffs. Or the NBA filled with David Robinsons.

And yes, I do agree modern media stokes this by making EVERYTHING about race, digging for any racial angle they can find. It's what unfortunately gets clicks and twitter followers today.
    People are naturally racist. Just like they are naturally greedy for money. It's an unfortunate reality of humanity that we must accept.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    People are naturally racist. Just like they are naturally greedy for money. It's an unfortunate reality of humanity that we must accept.
    I would say people are naturally "culturalist." Europe warred over cultural differences for a 1000 years, despite everyone being "white." I'd be rather be friends with a black guy into Jazz and who had the personality of David Robinson than with a person "who looked like me" that acted like Chief Keef.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I would say people are naturally "culturalist." Europe warred over cultural differences for a 1000 years, despite everyone being "white." I'd be rather be friends with a black guy into Jazz and who had the personality of David Robinson than with a person "who looked like me" that acted like Chief Keef.
    Eminem, Macklemore, Jason Williams etc. examples. White trash are definitely out there.

Look at Hindoostan Inja and their ty caste system. They don't even let their children marry and procreate with someone of a different caste even if they are all Indian and Hindu.

My Team
    Chicago Bulls
    Post Count

There is a debate in European circles whether it is better accepting migrants with cultural or racial similarities.

Your post is correct but I imagine the modern black athlete would label those players you listed as uncle toms. Players today have more financial and social freedom. I personally tend to be turned off by this but there are plenty of people that love this "empowering".

The main problem to me is that black players feel pressure to assimilate to the cultural majority (which we both tend to dislike). So the line between racial and cultural is blurred. You have outliers such as Travis Kielce but guys tend to fall in line with their racial norms.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Thank you for saying this - I often make this point in conversation as well. Race and culture are so conflated in the minds of many. Someone might even incorrectly think of themself as racist, when really what they discriminate against is culturally propagated behavior.
    Last edited by Arcadian; 10-30-2019 at 06:14 PM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Well this thread took a turn over night

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yuli with the first of many I hope
    Last edited by GAustex; 10-30-2019 at 08:02 PM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Paid major leaguers who can’t bunt
    Sheess

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Hope Astros dont bust this open in the second.

Then again, if they do I can go watch something else and forget about this ty playoffs this year.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Dawd dummit

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Stros are on everything Scherzer is throwing. Not looking good.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Hope Astros dont bust this open in the second.

Then again, if they do I can go watch something else and forget about this ty playoffs this year.
    Dodged the kill shot there. Greinke is pitch to contact so the Nats should be able to get something going soon

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Dodged the kill shot there. Greinke is pitch to contact so the Nats should be able to get something going soon
    Let's hope.

Greinke ain't ing around. He's averaging 7 or so pitches per inning thus far.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It’s time to run a train on these Nats

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Martines has to be thinking about getting Scherzer the outta of there. This game in on the edge of being busted open.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yordan has taken a quantum leap as a hitter from the ALCS. That change up take was elite. Didn't even flinch
    Then almost goes yard

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Greinke cant do no wrong.

Thread Information