Page 13 of 55 FirstFirst ... 39101112131415161723 ... LastLast
    Enemy of the System Millennial_Messiah's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    They need to shut down Sale. He is completely useless. Holy ing .

I'd trade him at this point.
    Seriously, how do you go from winning 119 games one year (including winning the WS) to completely missing the playoffs the very next?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It's been exciting to watch for sure. Our bullpen always makes it interesting.
    Oakland Athletics are the biggest threat... weird, because they're not usually seen as a very compe ive team... and the Angels are the ones loaded with talent.

My Team
    Chicago Bulls
    Post Count
    Rumors: DH coming to the NL

Disappointing but makes sense for the sports growth. Why make your limited star arms swing a bat

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Baseball going full re ; well maybe only part re at this point.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/mlb...cid=spartanntp
    I have actually always wanted this in the MLB. Why? Because if a pitcher is going to be a wild or if a catcher is too uncoordinated/lazy to block a potential wild pitch (when there's no men on, and not on a strike 2 count), the defense should be punished. In cricket (I know, actually two completely different sports despite some superficial similarities), if the bowler throws wild, the batter can try for a run. Sometimes, a wild bowl has resulted in 4 runs since it found itself all the way to the boundary.

That said, this won't come to the MLB. The Atlantic League is an Indy league that is free to try any weird rules they want.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Rumors: DH coming to the NL

Disappointing but makes sense for the sports growth. Why make your limited star arms swing a bat
    I would be in favor of league wide DH if it somehow spurs more Ohtani type players to enter the league. But I do hate it since it's basically a retirement position for old sluggers too slow to play the field, like Pujols.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    God damn I love Chris Paddack. Too bad Tatis had to get hurt, otherwise the Padres are prolly holding a wildcard spot right now.

My Team
    Houston Rockets
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    God damn I love Chris Paddack. Too bad Tatis had to get hurt, otherwise the Padres are prolly holding a wildcard spot right now.
    So close to the first Dads no-no there.

You've also missed Cordero for the majority of the season. Was an .850OPS hitter. Next year, they'll make some noise if they can get another starting arm or two and get a lower order hitting threat.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Sound off the bat, like a gunshot.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Juiced up balls.

My Team
    Houston Rockets
    Post Count
    Juiced up balls.
    They are. But Alvarez kills the ball juiced or not. He did that in the minors too

My Team
    Chicago Bulls
    Post Count
    Nationals win series in Atlanta. Squarely step into 2nd East status.

I'm gonna start scoreboard hunting the Nats

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Kershaw on. Det pitch tunneling.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Nationals win series in Atlanta. Squarely step into 2nd East status.

I'm gonna start scoreboard hunting the Nats
    Riley hitting a bit of a wall. 526OPS in July. Big back-to-back series @ Philly and Washington coming up. Should be fun.

My Team
    New Orleans Pelicans
    Post Count
    Royals 7-2 post ASB. Have tradeable assets in Whit Merrifield, Alex Gordon, Jorge Soler, Ian Kennedy, and Jake Diekman. Need to release Luca Duda and maybe Billy Hamilton unless some time needs a PF and defensive replacement in CF.

My Team
    Houston Rockets
    Post Count
    Lol Rangers

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Nobody cares about the stupid braves. Lol lanta and their ty nonchalant sports "fans"

My Team
    Chicago Bulls
    Post Count
    Nobody cares about the stupid braves. Lol lanta and their ty nonchalant sports "fans"
    Haha. What's this lashing out about?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Haha. What's this lashing out about?
    ty Atlanta in general. Ghetto capital of the world... Lagos Nigeria west

My Team
    Chicago Bulls
    Post Count
    ty Atlanta in general. Ghetto capital of the world... Lagos Nigeria west
    Its American sports. The team has nearly no connection to the city.

Braves moved twice already. They are THE team of the South though

FYI the new ballpark was specifically built in the suburbs away from the Atlanta inner city

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Its American sports. The team has nearly no connection to the city.

Braves moved twice already. They are THE team of the South though

FYI the new ballpark was specifically built in the suburbs away from the Atlanta inner city
    The south in general is terrible for baseball, really any sport other than football, especially college football. Notice places like NO and Charlotte/Carolina have never been close to having a baseball team. The Florida teams have long struggled with attendance and are still talking about relocation, for good reason. Mainly because the climate in the Southeast US is frankly terrible and we're talking about a purely outdoor sport here. What's the point of even having the Rays play in Tampa at all if the monsoon lasts the whole f'ing summer and they're going to play the latter 70% of the season in Canada anyway? Just move them up there, full time.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

^^^^

The worst climates are the "A" climates which are sticky, swampy, hot, humid and rainy. The next worse is the "Cfa" climate which in light green covers most of the Southeast quadrant of the US. Hot, very humid, and wet. Not good for outdoors. The best climates are out west and up north, but even the "B" climates are much superior to Cfa -- even the Sonoran Bwh is better because of the lack of humidity despite the high actual temperatures.

My Team
    Chicago Bulls
    Post Count
    The south in general is terrible for baseball, really any sport other than football, especially college football. Notice places like NO and Charlotte/Carolina have never been close to having a baseball team. The Florida teams have long struggled with attendance and are still talking about relocation, for good reason. Mainly because the climate in the Southeast US is frankly terrible and we're talking about a purely outdoor sport here. What's the point of even having the Rays play in Tampa at all if the monsoon lasts the whole f'ing summer and they're going to play the latter 70% of the season in Canada anyway? Just move them up there, full time.
    The South dominates College baseball

MLB in the South is relatively young. I do agree popularity would be helped without Obeseball (SEC) in the picture as is the case on the West Coast.

Interesting point about the regional climate

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The South dominates College baseball

MLB in the South is relatively young. I do agree popularity would be helped without Obeseball (SEC) in the picture as is the case on the West Coast.

Interesting point about the regional climate
    College baseball in general is a dead phenomenon in the sports world. Players just get drafted and play in the minors and get another job on the side doing construction labor or whatever. Nobody goes to school who is really serious for the most part.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    They're a pretty underrated team. They are always either winning their division or coming in second.

Only problem is they always get crushed in the first round so they are highly forgettable.

Thread Information